*Update: Magic Ears now requires a bachelor's degree*
Teaching English online is a fantastic way to make a comfortable income at home while creating your own schedule. Even better, you're your own boss.
Magic Ears is a company based in Beijing, China, that hires English speakers from America and Europe to teach children 5-12 years old in China.
The company is highly rated on GlassDoor and even has their very own Facebook group for teachers to support each other and even meet in person.
Benefits of working for Magic Ears
- Magic Ears offers 30% more than average market value
- No bachelor's degree necessary
- Incentives for participation, booking classes during peak hours, and more
- Paid through online bank transfer or PayPal
- Curriculum entirely provided for you
How much do Magic Ears teachers get paid?
Magic Ears Teachers have the ability to make up to $26 per hour and up to $13 per 30 minutes. Payment is made every 10th working day of the month.
What are the requirements to become a Magic Ears teacher?
- Native speaker from the US or Canada
- Bachelors degree and 2 years teaching experience (ESL preferred)
What is the application process like?
1. Apply online
2. Interview + Demo class
4. Trial Classes
5. Background Check
6. Sign Contract and become a Magic Ears teacher!
How long is the contract?
Magic Ears requires a 6-month contract.
What equipment is needed?
- Desktop or laptop computer with a webcam
- Headset with microphone
- Chrome browser
- High-speed internet
Where is the interview?
The interview will take place on Magic Ears platform.
What happens during the demo lesson?
You'll be required to teach a lesson based on the teaching material Magic Ears sends you beforehand.
Magic Ears will evaluate you on the following things:
- Positive and frequent interaction with students
- Clear and thorough explanation of language points
- Prompt correction of students' mistakes
- Attractive and passionate teaching delivery
How many students will I teach in each class?
Magic Ears teachers teach 1-on-4 classes. All curriculum will be provided for you.
Do I need to communicate with the parents?
Magic Ears handles all communication with parents.
How long is each class?
Each class is 30 minutes, with 25 minutes of active teaching and 5 minutes of evaluating the students.
Are you ready to apply? Get started now and join this thriving community!
Interested in other real work from home careers? Check out this great list.
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Related articles to read:
Do you want to teach English online?
Like this post? Pin it!