Working from home has so many benefits, whether it be saving money on transportation costs, setting up your own schedule, traveling the world, and more.
People spend an average of 40 hours a week for 30 or so years, which comes to about 60,000 hours.
Do you really want to spend 60,000 hours of your life doing something that makes you unhappy?
Included are articles from actual people who are in the field, along with resources to apply for jobs, tips, and advice to score the job, and more
Below are 16 real work from home jobs that can turn into full-time jobs, too.
1. Teach English with Qkids
Teaching English online is a great way to make income at home, while on your own schedule. You're also helping people learn English, which gives them the ability to talk to over 1.5 billion people around the world. That’s pretty amazing when you think about it!
Qkids pays up to $20 an hour and also has bonuses for teachers who have good attendance!
Qkids Quick Facts
- Qkids is a national learner in cross-cultural E-learning platform
- Over 100,000 Chinese students with Qkids
- Patented and effective game-based curriculum with fun, dynamic, and engaging narrative gaming adventures
Requirements to become a Qkids Teacher
- Eligible to legally work in the U.S. or Canada
- Earned a bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a university program (juniors and seniors in college only)
- Technical requirements: a computer with stable internet connection and clear audio/video capacity
2. Sell on Amazon
The first year that Jessica’s family ran their Amazon FBA business together, working less than 20 hours a week total, they made over 6 figures profit.
If you're interested in learning more about this side hustle (or full-time job), Jessica has a FREE 7-day course that tells you everything you need to get started selling on Amazon.
The course includes:
- Understand WHY Amazon is the perfect platform for building a business
- How leveraging the fulfillment power of Amazon leaves your home free from piles of inventory
- The way we buy inventory that built over six figures in profit our first full year
- How to choose the perfect items to sell that people want and will make you money
- What tools we use to save time and be the most efficient in our business
Did you know you can make money from blogging?
While it's not a get rich quick scheme, blogging can be a great way to work from home and support you and your family.
You get to help people from all over the world while creating content that inspires and motivates others to live their best life.
I make $5,000 a month blogging and I'm also a full-time student in college. It's more than possible to make money from blogging!Related articles:
- How I Went From $1,000 To $10,000 Per Month On My Blog
- 6 Educational Tools That Helped Me Become A Full-Time Blogger
4. Flipping Items
A flipper is someone who flips products for profit. My friend Melissa, of Flipper University, created a guide that teaches people her secrets and strategies for reaching over $100k in sales after their first year of full-time flipping.
These are a few of the things she’s flipped for profit:
- An item that they bought for $10 and flipped for $200 just 6 minutes later.
- A security tower they bought for $6,200 and flipped for $25,000 just one month later.
- A prosthetic leg that they bought for $30 at a flea market and sold for $1,000 on eBay the next day.
She even created a course called Flipper University that teaches students how to become a successful flipper. Melissa says her students can expect to make $500-$2,500 per month in their first year.
A transcriptionist practices the art of turning audio and video recordings into text documents.
These are voice-recorded reports in several different fields, such as legal, medical, and general.
All industries, besides medical and legal, fall under the general umbrella. These might be writers, podcasters, bloggers, trainers, academics, and basically anyone with audio or video content that needs to be turned into text.
You can learn more about becoming a transcriptionist and how to make money doing so in this FREE 7-day mini-course.
6. Freelance Proofreader
In 2014, Caitlin, of Proofread Anywhere, made slightly over $43,000 as a freelance proofreader, while also going on several fun vacations.
If you want to find out how she makes a full-time income as a freelance proofreader, you can try her FREE 45-minute workshop that will give you tons of great info on becoming a freelance proofreader.
Becoming a bookkeeper has several benefits, such as low startup costs, high profit, freedom to work remotely, and plenty more. As a bookkeeper, you can expect to earn an average of $62 per hour.
Click here to get access to a free, 3-part video series that'll reveal the keys to success in the bookkeeping industry.
8. Facebook Ad Manager
Did you know you can become a Facebook Ads Manager for businesses and make an extra $1,000 to $2,000 a month?
You don't need a website or prior experience to do this. You can even learn how to become a Facebook Ads Manager in less than 28 days with the Facebook Side Hustle Course. This course works, and it even gives you access to a private group that is full of testimonials.
Check out the testimonials here and see people who are making up to $10,000 per month doing this.
9. Teaching English with Magic Ears
Magic Ears is a company based in China that hires English speakers from the U.S. and Canada to teach English.
Don't have teaching experience? No bachelor's degree or teaching certifications? No problem.
Magic Ears pays teachers up to $26 per hour and provides all the curriculum for you.
10. Create a Profitable Ebook
Did you know you can make money by creating your own products?
Six Figure Blogger not only helped me learn the foundations of a six-figure blogger, but the course taught me how to:
- Sell digital products via affiliate marketing
- How to NOT come off as spammy
- Forming and planning a digital product
- How to make that digital product profitable
- Ins and outs of creating a high converting sales page
- The reason why email trust funnels are so important
I can't say enough good things about Six Figure Blogger. If you have a blog or you're an online influencer (or want to be) you need to check out this course.
11. Freelance Writer
Writing online can be quite lucratively if you know how to get your name and writing out there. Holly from Club Thrifty earns $200,000 a year writing online content.
Find out how to become a freelance writer below from a freelancer herself who makes an average of $5,000 a month.
Scoping is the process of editing legal documents for court reporters. Scopists generally make between 30k-60k a year when working full-time. If you are willing to do rush work, you can make significantly more.
13. Pick up garbage
The garbage pickup business is incredible for several reasons: 1) There's a high demand for it, 2) It's recession-proof, and 3) It helps the environment.
Not only that, you can make pretty great money, while also getting in a great work out. Brian has also found many treasures during his cleanup, including $600 that was thrown away in a dumpster.
If you're interested in this opportunity, check out Brian's book, CleanLots, where he tells you everything you need to know to get started, which also includes free phone support to get your business up and running.
14. Customer Service Representative
Customer service representatives are the go-between for customers and companies and may process orders, field complaints, or more. What you do as a customer service representative will depend on the company you work for.
At FlexJobs, there are hundreds of new jobs being posted for customer service representatives. These jobs are almost always entry-level, which means you don’t need any experience to get started.
15. Virtual Assistant
A virtual assistant is in charge of duties from their computer. This can be related to social media marketing, writing articles, creating images for blog posts, and more for their boss (and those tasks are related to blogging).
I'm a virtual assistant for Making Sense of Cents and make a comfortable income from doing that, on top of blogging for my blog, FITnancials.
Find out how to become a virtual assistant below.
16. Voice Actor
“A voice-over actor is a person you hear, but usually never see on radio ads, YouTube videos, explainer videos, corporate narration, documentaries, e-learning courses, audiobooks, TV commercials, video games, movies, and cartoons.” – Carrie
Carrie is a full-time voice actor, and she gives all the details of her job below.
Working from home can have a lot of perks, such as being able to set up your own schedule, travel and live all around the world, and even save money by cutting transportation costs.
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Related articles to read:
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
What do you think about these real work from home jobs? Have you ever been employed by one of these jobs?
Like this post? Pin it!