Do you have a full-time job but want to make extra money?
Side hustles are flexible, convenient, and can earn you extra income on top of your full-time job.
After reading this post, you’ll have learned:
- List of side hustles you can do while working full-time
- How to get started with each side hustle
- Actionable tips for side hustle success
- Free resources to get started
Best side hustles to start right now
- Sell printables – Selling printables is the #1 side hustle to make money. This can be done on your own schedule and turn into passive income! You can earn over $10,000 a year selling printables.
- Sell dog treats – Make $1,000+ selling dog treats from the comfort of your home. Be your own boss and make your own schedule.
- Proofreading – Earn $20+ an hour proofreading from home. Great for people who enjoy editing and working from a computer.
- Surveys – Make money filling out surveys. You can take as many surveys as you want and earn up to $5 per survey.
Side Hustles You Can Do While Working Full-Time
#1 Sell printables on Etsy
If you want an easy, fun side hustle, this is for you.
People are earning between $100-$1000+ a month selling printables online (see their success stories here). The most successful printable sellers are earning $100,000+ a year.
Benefits of this side hustle:
- No need to create physical product – everything is digital!
- Turns into mostly passive income once the shop is set up
- No previous experience needed
- No graphic design background needed
This is the side hustle for you if you’re looking for something stress-free to start from home that also makes passive income.
This is a great side hustle for someone low on time but wanting to make extra money.
Free training: Find out what kind of printables to make (so you can make the most money) and how to start an Etsy shop in this free training.
Here is an example of some printables I made!
#2 Facebook Ad Manager
Are you a supporter of small businesses and want them to make more money? If so, you could greatly help out a local business by working as their Facebook Ad Manager.
A Facebook Ad Manager is in charge of driving new customers, leads, and money to a local business.
Think about it this way: A local business can spend $1,000 in ads and potentially get $5,000+ from these Facebook ads that you created.
This side hustle easily has the potential to become a full-time job and make $50,000 a year. Some Facebook Ad Managers report earning $100,000+ a year.
I interviewed Robert, a Facebook Ad Manager and he earns $60,000 a year with his side hustle. That’s a lot of money for a remote job that doesn’t require 4 years of school.
#3 Make dog treats at home
Did you know you can make $1,000+ a month part-time working at home with a dog treat business? You can even make $5,000-$8,000 from your home kitchen if you do it full-time.
You can get your kids involved, work from home, create your own schedule, and make treats for dogs.
My friend Kristin runs a successful dog treat business from home and perfected the craft of selling dog treats.
Kristin even has a free training that helps people get started making & selling dog treats. Get her free training here and see if this side hustle is for you.
Free training includes:
- Most popular dog treats to sell
- How much to charge
- Where to sell dog treats
#4 Start a blog
I couldn’t create this post without mentioning starting a blog.
Blogging is my full-time job (I run TWO blogs!).
When I started a blog in 2013, I could write about ANYTHING and make money from it. You can’t do that anymore.
My second blog started in 2022. It took a lot of research to figure out the niche. It’s not easy, but it’s so rewarding if you do it right.
If you want to start a website but have questions like:
- What should my blog be about?
- How do I know what to write about?
- How soon can I start making money?
This free training teaches you how to create an income-producing website. You also learn the key mistakes to avoid if you’re a beginner.
A proofreader serves as the last set of eyes on a piece of content before it’s published. Proofreaders earn $18+ an hour working remotely.
Proofreaders make sure there are no spelling, punctuation, grammatical, or formatting errors, and they ensure the content is as polished as possible.
Proofreaders can work anywhere in the world, which means you can:
- Work remotely
- Create your own schedule
- Be your own boss
- Earn $18+ an hour
- Travel freely and not tied down to one location
Take the free training: Learn How To Transform Your Passion For Words Into A Thriving Proofreading Business.
#6 Freelance writing
I’ve been a freelance writer for over ten years and find it to be relatively easy and enjoyable work.
Freelance writing is a great option for fully remote work that can either be part-time work or a full-time gig.
Interested in becoming a freelance writer but don’t know how to get started? Check out Big Money Writer.
Benefits of freelance writing:
- Work from home
- Work as little or as much as you want
- One job can lead to hundreds of jobs once you get experience
#7 Pinterest Virtual Assistant
Do you love Pinterest? If so, think about becoming a Pinterest VA.
A Pinterest VA can take a business from being “okay” to being seen by thousands of potential customers.
Pinterest Virtual Assistants make businesses A LOT of money, which is why businesses hire Pinterest Virtual Assistants.
You can live and work anywhere in the world to do this.
Attend a free training here to learn more about how to become a Pinterest Virtual Assistant today.
#8 Become a Tax Preparer
Did you know you can get trained online to become a Tax Preparer? This in-demand remote job can be done from anywhere in the world.
A Tax Preparer prepares, files, and assists in general tax forms.
The average tax preparer in the U.S. earns between $40,000-$60,000 from home. That salary goes up depending on the kind of clients you’re helping and how many clients you have.
Free training answers questions like:
My friends Rob and Melissa took their reselling side hustles to $130,000+ per year working 20-30 hours a week. They resell all kinds of items, anything from treadmills to home decor items.
Rob and Melissa even have a course called Flipper University teaching others how to make $500-$2,000 a month reselling items.
You learn everything you need to know to make money reselling. You even get to join an active Facebook group of other resellers.
Their students have earned $1,000, $5,000, $10,000, and one student just hit $100,000 in sales.
Steps for success:
- Enroll in Flipper University.
- Join the private Facebook group for the course.
- Start Flipper University lessons and take action.
Surveys are a way to make extra money just by giving your opinion.
To make money with surveys, all you do is fill out a quick profile sharing a little about you and then you can start answering surveys.
You can also sign up for several survey websites to see which one can earn you the most cash.
Top survey sites:
#11 Dog walking
For years I was a dog walker and found all of my jobs on Rover.com.
I made around $25 an hour depending on how many dogs I was walking and it’s still one of my FAVORITE jobs!
Tips for success as a dog walker:
- Set your rates lower than others at first so you can build positive reviews
- Always be on time and respond to pet owners ASAP
- Post a high quality photo of yourself (preferably with dogs in the photo!)
- Share all of your experience with dogs (maybe you’re a vet tech or volunteered at a dog shelter)
- Include if you’re experienced with certain tasks (administering medication, training, etc.)
Babysitting is a great job (as long as the kids are well-behaved) and relatively easy work. You may even get lucky and work an evening where the kids are already asleep.
Babysitting rates range all over the place, but the national average is around $17/hour for one kid.
Where can you find babysitting jobs?
#13 Executive Assistant
Besides blogging, I’m also an Executive Virtual Assistant.
Virtual assistants can earn between $10-$50 per hour depending on qualifications and skills.
As an executive assistant, your tasks can include almost anything.
This is a list of tasks I do as an Executive Assistant:
- Writing blog posts
- Managing social media profiles and Facebook groups
- Responding to emails
- Managing Pinterest and creating pins
#14 Open an Etsy shop
If you have a craft you enjoy and want to start selling it, opening an Etsy shop is a great place to start.
There are businesses on Etsy making $20,000 a year while others are earning $100,000+.
Things you can sell on Etsy:
- Digital downloads (AKA printables)
- Crochet/knitting/etc. patterns (digital downloads!)
- Woodworking crafts
- Handmade clothes
- Anything handmade, vintage, or craft supplies
#15 Content creator
Content creators have the potential to make great money. First, you need to choose a niche. Do you want your content to be based on family/parenting, cooking or DIY/crafts?
You can create content on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
Content creators make money by:
- Affiliate marketing/commissions
- Selling products
Tips for side hustle success
- Use any off days wisely – work on your side hustle when you have free time
- Set income goals for each month to keep you motivated and on track
- Create a side hustle and full-time work schedule to stay organized and productive
What’s your best tip for making money with a side hustle while balancing a full-time job?
Free Printable Library
Join 20,000 others and get access to free printables related to achieving financial freedom, starting a side hustle, and other fun goodies!