There are so many ways to make money blogging and bloggers constantly find new ways to make their blog profitable.
Below are 7 real ways to make money blogging that will help you create a profitable blog.
Take action now: Before we begin, join the Free Resource Library to get access to fun and helpful resources to achieve financial freedom or grow your online business. Included for free are downloads like the income thermometer (to push you to grow your income) or the monthly budget planner. 🙂
1. Sponsored Posts
Sponsored posts are one of my favorite ways to make money blogging.
You get to talk about a product you love and get paid for doing it.
I made over $4,000 last month from sponsored posts alone and love the brands I've worked with.
Learn everything there is to know about sponsored posts with my course Making Sense of Sponsored Posts.
You also get access to a private mastermind group where you can ask any blogging questions and get help from me and other successful bloggers.
2. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is when you write about a product or service and link to it.
If someone clicks and purchases through the link, you may get a commission from it.
If you’re a blogger and not taking advantage of affiliate marketing, you are making a huge mistake.
Anyone can make money with affiliate marketing with the right strategy and mindset.
My favorite part of Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing is the private mastermind group where you get full access to pro bloggers that will answer your questions when you need help with blogging.
3. Ad Revenue
Bloggers make ad revenue by displaying ads on their website – that simple.
Depending on the number of page views you have allows you to apply to different ad publishers, such as Adsense, Adthrive, Mediavine, and more.
The more page views you have can mean more ad revenue.
However, many bloggers will decrease their number of ads in a post once they reach a high number of page views.
They decide to do this because they want their audience to focus on their own products rather than clicking on an ad.
I recommend MediaNet over Adsense because the customer service is way better, which is helpful in the beginning when you start a blog and have questions. You also get 10% more of your revenue for 3 months.
I'm currently with Mediavine (requires minimum 25,000 sessions, not page views) and have been very pleased with them.
The user-friendliness of Mediavine lets me customize my ads and their customer support team has always been helpful and quick to answer any of my questions.
4. Sell Products
Selling products is a great way to make income from your blog.
Bloggers like to go this route because it's better profit wise.
For example, with affiliate marketing, you're only making up to 40% per product.
When you create your own products, you get 100% of your earnings.
Depending on your niche will depend on what kind of products you sell.
If you're a personal finance blogger, you could sell budgeting printables or courses, and if you're a healthy lifestyle blogger you could sell an exercise and meal plan.
You can sell products like:
- Physical products
Tip: Are you a blogger or need help launching your product online? Six Figure Blogger is a comprehensive course that will teach you how to start from idea creation to launching your product and making the most money possible. Seriously one of my favorite courses!
5. Offer Services
Are you an expert in a certain niche or field?
You could offer your services online via your blog.
For example, there are many bloggers out there making 6 figure incomes that coach new bloggers.
As a coach, you can offer advice and guidance to help an individual meet their goal.
Just like a personal trainer would help someone get fit, an online coach can help someone meet other goals.
You can offer services like:
- Website and social media image design
- Website audit
- Virtual Assistant services
A membership is a paid monthly or yearly subscription in exchange for something in return.
For example, you could create a membership dedicated to creating stock photos each month and giving your subscribers hundreds of new stock photos each month.
I pay for an Ivory Mix membership every month which is a stock photo membership.
These stock photos are used for my Pinterest pins, social media images, and placed throughout some of my posts.
7. Create a Job Board
A job board works similar to a membership subscription.
For example, ProBlogger charges companies $70 for 30 days for job listings.
Tips To Become A Full-Time Blogger:
1) Choose a niche that already makes money (personal finance, health and fitness, travel, etc.) and subniche from there. This means go even deeper into a niche. Ex. Niche: Personal finance > Subniche: Personal finance for college students or personal finance for moms.
2) Take a comprehensive blogging course. My #1 recommendation for new bloggers who want to build a profitable blog is Blog With A Full-Time Job.
Blog With A Full-Time Job consists of:
- A specific plan for launching, growing and monetizing your blog while working full-time
- The exact strategy to grow and monetize your blog to a six-figure blog
- Learn how to manage your mind, productivity, time management (all VERY important for working at home and running a successful business)
- How to set up a beautiful looking blog that is completely customizable
- How to write blog posts specifically for monetizing
- Sooo much more + tons of bonuses, templates, worksheets, etc.
If you've never taken a blogging course and aren't sure which one to choose, Blog With A Full-Time Job is it.
3) Learn and absorb as much information about blogging as possible. Pinterest is a gold mine for this. Type in “blogging tips” in Pinterest's search bar and hundreds of helpful articles will come up. You can check all of my popular blogging articles here.
4) Figure out what outlet you want to use for blogging. Do you want to have your own blog? Or do you want to create a YouTube channel? Find out where your audience is and go from there. If you don't know yet, don't sweat it. You'll learn as you go.
5) Create a blog with this easy tutorial.
Helpful Blogging Articles
- 9 Reasons You Aren't Making Money On Your Blog
- How I Went From $1k Per Month To $10k Per Month On My Blog In 1 Year
- How I Got To 100,000 Page Views Per Month
- Officially A Full-Time Blogger + Tips For You
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Related articles to read:
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
How do you make money blogging?
Like this post? Share it!