If you have $0 saved for retirement or have no clue if you’re on track to retire comfortably, keep reading.
I started investing for retirement at age 25, with little understanding of what I was doing. Now at 27, I’m close to $100,000 in investments and on track to have millions when I retire. Most importantly, I know what I’m doing!
The How To Build Wealth by Investing in Index Funds course teaches you the fundamentals of investing. You learn how to 1) open an investment account 2) how much to invest 3) and how to choose an index fund. It’s really that simple.
What is the How To Build Wealth by Investing in Index Funds course?
How To Build Wealth by Investing in Index Funds is a course for beginner investors who want to build wealth through investing.
For a fraction the cost of a college credit, you get information that teaches you how to have a million or millions in your investment account when you retire.
I bought this course with my own money and cannot say enough good things about it.
Who teaches the How To Build Wealth by Investing in Index Funds course?
Jeremy Schneider from @personalfinanceclub is the creator of this course. He retired at 36 years old and is known for his popular Instagram account sharing investing information in it’s most basic form, so anyone can understand it.
Below is an example of one of his Instagram posts.
Who should take this course?
- Beginner investors
- Anyone who wants to learn how to build wealth through investing
- Anyone who has paid off non-mortgage debt (though I personally think you should take it even if you haven’t)
What is not covered in this course?
- Paying off debt
- Credit scores
- Real estate
The How To Build Wealth by Investing in Index Funds course is solely about investing in index funds. If you want to learn about budgeting, paying off debt, and the rest of the bullet points above, you can learn all about that on my blog.
What is the format of this course?
- Videos, self-paced, watched on your on schedule
- Quizzes at the end of lessons to help you fully understand everything
What’s the course curriculum?
Chapter 1: Compound Growth
Chapter 2: Stocks & Bonds
Chapter 3: Mutual Funds, Index Funds, and ETFs
Chapter 4: Asset Allocation
Chapter 5: Taxes and Types of Accounts
Chapter 6: Putting it together
Can I take this if I live outside of the United States?
The course consists of 6 chapters, with chapters 1-4 applying to wherever you live. Chapter 5 applies to the United States as it covers U.S. taxes.
How long does this course take?
How To Build Wealth by Investing in Index Funds contains 6 hours of content.
What I loved about this course
- Easy to digest information
- Quizzes make sure I understand the information in each lesson
- No fluff – straight to the point lessons
- Community page to ask questions and learn from others
What I didn’t like about this course
- Learning about taxes was boring, but had to be done
My retirement goals
People always ask me what my retirement goals/plans are. These aren’t set in stone, but…
- I’d like to have about $1.5 million saved for retirement
- I don’t necessarily have plans to retire early
- I currently save about $25,000 annually in my investment accounts in a 401(k) account and Roth IRA with Vanguard
- If I don’t put another dollar in my investment accounts, I’ll still have about $700,000 by the time I’m 65
I recommend checking out@personalfinanceclub’s Investment Growth Calculator to see how your investments will grow over time.
If you’re new to investing, I recommend checking out Betterment. Betterment helps you create a retirement plan and gives you advice on how much you should save for retirement.
This is how Betterment works:
Step 1) Start Saving. Betterment gives advice on how much to save based on your spending in retirement.
Step 2) Build your plan. Betterment will help you deduce how to save for your retirement. They customize a plan with auto-deposits and tax-smart features, putting your money to work.
Step 3) See your progress. Betterment has an easy to understand dashboard that shares your balance, investment risk, if you’re on track to retire comfortably, and a lot of other fun details.
Betterment is a fiduciary (which is very important!) meaning they are always acting in your best interest.
Jeremy from @personalfinanceclub shares helpful information whether you have 40 years or 20 years to invest for retirement.
View this post on Instagram
I recently finished this course and feel comfortable and knowledgable about investing for my retirement. Investing for your retirement is so important, yet it’s not taught in school.
The How To Build Wealth by Investing in Index Funds course teaches you the fundamentals of investing. You learn how to 1) open an investment account 2) how much to invest 3) and how to choose an index fund. It’s really that simple. I know you can do it!
The course comes with a 100% money back guarantee, so if you don’t like the course, you can email Jeremy and he’ll give you a refund.
Related investing articles:
Favorite books on investing:
- Broke Millennial Takes On Investing: A Beginner’s Guide To Leveling Up Your Money
- The Simple Path To Wealth: Your Road Map To Financial Independence and A Rich, Free Life
Don’t forget to sign up for the free resource library and get exclusive access to free printables & planners related to saving and making money, meal planning, and more!
Are you saving for retirement yet?
Like this post? Share it!
Best side hustles to start right now
- Sell printables on Etsy – Selling printables is the #1 side hustle to make money. This can be done on your own schedule and turn into passive income! You can earn over $10,000 a year selling printables.
- Sell dog treats – Make $1,000+ selling dog treats from the comfort of your home. Be your own boss and make your own schedule.
- Proofreading – Earn $20+ an hour proofreading from home. Great for people who enjoy editing and working from a computer.
- Surveys – Make money filling out surveys. You can take as many surveys as you want and earn up to $5 per survey.
Free Printable Library
Join 20,000 others and get access to free printables related to achieving financial freedom, starting a side hustle, and other fun goodies!
Alexis Schroeder is the CEO and founder of FITnancials.
With budgeting and side hustles, Alexis paid off over $40,000 of debt and made over $100,000 in side hustles in college.
Since starting this website over 10 years ago, Fitnancials has reached over 3,000,000 readers. We’ve been featured on sites like Forbes, Yahoo, Side Hustle School, GOBankingRates, Mint, and many more.
If you want to contact Alexis, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.