I started making $10,000 per month on my blog when I had less than 100,000 page views per month.
Below are several ways I make money with my blog, along with the strategies that helped grow my income.
1. Sponsored Posts
Sponsored posts helped me go full-time on my blog 2 years ago, which allowed me to spend more time on my blog, create results, and drastically grow my income.
This is because I am strategic with my business/blog, and how I pitch to brands.
If any of you followed my income reports, you know that I make a large portion of income from sponsored posts (last month I made $8,000 from sponsored posts alone), which is why I am so excited to share this course with you all.
What's included in Making Sense of Sponsored Posts?
In this course, there are 5 modules, over 20 lessons, bonuses, an extremely helpful and exclusive Facebook group, and more.
I go through everything that you need to know about sponsored partnerships, such as:
- How exactly sponsored posts work
- Why sponsored partnerships can completely change your blog
- How to find sponsored partnerships
- How to build trust and not lose followers
- Required disclosures that you need to know about
- How much you should be charging
- How to pitch and contact companies the right way, including template emails that you can use
You can get Making Sense of Sponsored Posts here.
Sponsored posts are becoming more and more popular due to trust going to online influencers and bloggers rather than advertisements on television.
If you're wanting to develop more sponsored posts on your blog or Instagram, this is the course to take.
2. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is when you write about a product or service and link to it.
If someone clicks and purchases through the link, you may get a commission from it.
Anyone can make money with affiliate marketing with the right strategy and mindset.
If you're talking about a product or service on your blog, it's likely they have an affiliate program.
To find their affiliate program, all you have to do is type in Google, “name of brand + affiliate program” and you will find their affiliate details.
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing will teach you everything you need to know about making money with affiliate marketing, including over 50 lessons, bonuses, and workbooks, along with an awesome private Facebook group.
3. Ad Revenue
Bloggers make ad revenue by displaying ads on their website – that simple.
Depending on the number of page views you have allows you to apply to different ad publishers, such as Adsense, Adthrive, Mediavine, and more.
The more page views you have can mean more ad revenue.
My website uses Mediavine (requires minimum 25,000 sessions, not page views) and the user-friendliness of Mediavine lets me customize my ads.
Their customer support team is always helpful and quick to answer any of my questions.
I personally do not recommend adding Adsense to your blog if you're a new blogger.
Wait until you get to 25,000 sessions and then apply for Mediavine.
Adsense ads will make you little to nothing in money while distracting your readers from your blog.
4. Sell Products
Selling products is a great way to make income from your blog that is 100% yours.
Bloggers like to go this route because it's better profit wise.
For example, with affiliate marketing, you're only making up to 40% per product.
When you create your own products, you get 100% of your earnings.
Depending on your niche will depend on what kind of products you sell.
If you're a personal finance blogger, you could sell budgeting printables or courses, and if you're a healthy lifestyle blogger you could sell an exercise and meal plan.
You can sell products like:
- Physical products
For example, if you're a health blogger, maybe you'd create a health and weight loss eBook geared towards moms who want to lose weight.
Or maybe you're a successful blogger who teaches people how to create their own blog, you would create a course on blogging.
Are you a blogger or need help launching your product online?
Six Figure Blogger is a comprehensive course that will teach you how to start from idea creation to launching your product and making the most money possible.
Seriously one of my favorite courses.
5. Bonus: Freelance
My blog has given me opportunities from popular websites all over the internet.
Certain websites will reach out to me to write for their website as a freelancer.
They've seen my writing style via my blog, the audience my articles reach, and because of that, they pay me to write on their website.
Having a blog of your own allows businesses all around the world see your writing style and hire you.
Tips To Become A Blogger:
1) Choose a niche that already makes money (personal finance, health and fitness, travel, etc.) and subniche from there. This means go even deeper into a niche. Ex. Niche: Personal finance > Subniche: Personal finance for college students or personal finance for moms.
2) Take a comprehensive blogging course. My #1 recommendation for new bloggers who want to build a profitable blog is Blog With A Full-Time Job.
Blog With A Full-Time Job consists of:
- A specific plan for launching, growing and monetizing your blog while working full-time
- The exact strategy to grow and monetize your blog to a six-figure blog
- Learn how to manage your mind, productivity, time management (all VERY important for working at home and running a successful business)
- How to set up a beautiful looking blog that is completely customizable
- How to write blog posts specifically for monetizing
- Sooo much more + tons of bonuses, templates, worksheets, etc.
If you've never taken a blogging course and aren't sure which one to choose, Blog With A Full-Time Job is IT. Use code ALEXIS15OFF for 15% off.
3) Learn and absorb as much information about blogging as possible. Pinterest is a gold mine for this. Type in “blogging tips” in Pinterest's search bar and hundreds of helpful articles will come up. You can check all of my popular blogging articles here.
4) Figure out what outlet you want to use for blogging. Do you want to have your own blog? Or do you want to create a YouTube channel? Find out where your audience is and go from there. If you don't know yet, don't sweat it. You'll learn as you go.
5) Create a blog with this easy tutorial.
In a nutshell:
1. You can make money blogging with sponsored posts, affiliate marketing, ad revenue, selling products and services, freelancing, and more.
2. There are many ways to make money blogging that isn't even on this list. How you monetize your website is totally up to you and your brand.
3. Start a blog and create a monetization plan that fits with your niche.
4. Sign up for my free eBook below and learn how to create a profitable blog now.
How do you make money on your blog?
Like this post? Pin it!