Though most people think taking the college route is a smart idea, it isn't for everyone.
With the average student loan debt reaching $37,172, millennials are now thinking of going elsewhere instead of heading straight to college.
Is it a bad idea? It depends.
Some of the richest people in the world have either never been to college or decided to drop out. (Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Richard Branson, just to name a few).
Below are 17 jobs that pay up to $65,000 a year with no college degree.
Did you know you can make money from blogging?
While it's not a get rich quick scheme, blogging can be a great way to work from home and support you and your family.
I make $10,000 a month blogging and I'm also a full-time student in college. It's more than possible to make money from blogging!
Tips To Become A Blogger:
1) Choose a niche that already makes money (personal finance, health and fitness, travel, etc.) and subniche from there. This means go even deeper into a niche. Ex. Niche: Personal finance > Subniche: Personal finance for college students or personal finance for cathiloc moms.
2) Take a comprehensive blogging course. My #1 recommendation for new bloggers who want to build a profitable blog is Blog With A Full-Time Job.
Blog With A Full-Time Job consists of:
- A specific plan for launching, growing and monetizing your blog while working full-time
- The exact strategy to grow and monetize your blog to a six-figure blog
- Learn how to manage your mind, productivity, time management (all VERY important for working at home and running a successful business)
- How to set up a beautiful looking blog that is completely customizable
- How to write blog posts specifically for monetizing
- Sooo much more + tons of bonuses, templates, worksheets, etc.
If you've never taken a blogging course and aren't sure which one to choose, Blog With A Full-Time Job is IT. Use code ALEXIS15OFF for 15% off.
3) Learn and absorb as much information about blogging as possible. Pinterest is a gold mine for this. Type in “blogging tips” in Pinterest's search bar and hundreds of helpful articles will come up. You can check all of my popular blogging articles here.
4) Figure out what outlet you want to use for blogging. Do you want to have your own blog? Or do you want to create a YouTube channel? Find out where your audience is and go from there. If you don't know yet, don't sweat it. You'll learn as you go.
5) Create a blog with this easy tutorial.
2. Sell on Amazon
The first year that Jessica’s family ran their Amazon FBA business together, working less than 20 hours a week total, they made over 6 figures profit.
If you're interested in learning more about this side hustle (or full-time job), Jessica has a FREE 7-day course that tells you everything you need to get started selling on Amazon.
Jessica even created a course outlining her strategies to 6 figure success:
- Understand WHY Amazon is the perfect platform for building a business
- How leveraging the fulfillment power of Amazon leaves your home free from piles of inventory
- The way we buy inventory that built over six figures in profit our first full year
- How to choose the perfect items to sell that people want and will make you money
- What tools we use to save time and be the most efficient in our business
3. Flipping Items
A flipper is someone who flips products for profit.
My friend Melissa, of Flipper University, created a guide that teaches people her secrets and strategies for reaching over $100k in sales after their first year of full-time flipping.
These are a few of the things she’s flipped for profit:
- An item that they bought for $10 and flipped for $200 just 6 minutes later.
- A security tower they bought for $6,200 and flipped for $25,000 just one month later.
- A prosthetic leg that they bought for $30 at a flea market and sold for $1,000 on eBay the next day.
She even created a course called Flipper University that teaches students how to become a successful flipper. Melissa says her students can expect to make $500-$2,500 per month in their first year.
4. Freelance Proofreader
In 2014, Caitlin made slightly over $43,000 by being a freelance proofreader, while also going on several fun vacations.
“Thanks to Proofread Anywhere, I am now a freelance proofreader, earning money while I stay at home with my kids.” – Amy, Proofread Anywhere Student
Check out Caitlin’s FREE 76-minute workshop to kick off your proofreading career and teach you important facts and tips about proofreading as a full-time career.
5. Answer surveys
Answering surveys are one of the easiest ways tomake money.
You can also watch videos, online shop, and more to make some extra cash.
Below are a few of my favorite survey websites to make money from your phone or computer.
6. Customer Service Representative
Customer service representatives are the go between for customers and companies, and may process orders, field complaints, or more.
What you do as a customer service representative will depend on the company you work for.
At FlexJobs, there are hundreds of new jobs being posted for customer service representatives.
These jobs are almost always entry-level, which means you don’t need any experience to get started.
7. Teach English with Gogokid
Teaching English online is a great way to make income at home, while on your own schedule.
Gogokid pays up to $25 an hour and also has a limited time bonus of $300 for new teachers.
Becoming a bookkeeper has several benefits, such as low startup costs, high profit, freedom to work remotely, and plenty more.
As a bookkeeper, you can expect to earn an average of $62 per hour.
Students of Bookkeeper Business Launch have been saying, “Got my first client 6 months ago and my second client recently. With 2 clients I am earning over $24k a year. It takes time but it is so worth it!” – Jessica Banks, Bookkeeper Student
Click here to get access to a free, 3-part video series that'll reveal the keys to success in the bookkeeping industry.
A transcriptionist practices the art of turning audio and video recordings into text documents.
These are voice-recorded reports in several different fields, such as legal, medical, and general.
All industries, besides medical and legal, fall under the general umbrella.
These might be writers, podcasters, bloggers, trainers, academics, and basically anyone with audio or video content that needs to be turned into text.
You can learn more about becoming a transcriptionist and how to make money doing so in this FREE 7-day mini-course.
10. Facebook Ad Manager
Did you know you can become a Facebook Ads Manager for businesses and make an extra $1,000 to $2,000 a month?
You can even learn how to become a Facebook Ads Manager in less than 28 days with the Facebook Side Hustle Course.
Students of FSHC have been saying, “In just 5 weeks I was able to go from $0/month to FREAKIN $3,000/month. Yes. $3000 in 5 weeks!” – Nate, Facebook Side Hustle Course Student
This course works, and it even gives you access to a private group that is full of testimonials.
Students are making an average between $1000-$10,000 per month.
11. Freelance Writer
Writing online can be quite lucrative if you know how to get your name and writing out there.
Holly from Club Thrifty earns $200,000 a year writing online content.
Find out how to become a freelance writer below from a freelancer herself who makes an average of $5,000 a month.
12. Web Developer
A web developer is in charge of many things when it comes to websites.
They're in charge of building websites from scratch, providing web maintenance and understanding HTML.
Web developers are expected to have a 27% growth by 2024 according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, making this a great option for someone who wants to work at home.
13. Flipping Websites
My friend Jenn has made over $100k flipping blogs.
She works part-time, sets her own hours, and is now sharing her strategies and tips with people who want to do the same.
14. Customer Service Associate
Amazon is currently hiring customer service associates.
Customer Service Associates are in charge of helping out Amazon customers with their questions and concerns about their products.
Working for Amazon also poses many benefits, such as an employee discount, health care, time off, stock, and more.
The basic requirements for this job are:
- Computer skills
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer focus
- High school diploma
- One year experience in a related area
15. Pick up garbage
The garbage pickup business is incredible for several reasons: 1) There's a high demand for it, 2) It's recession proof, and 3) It helps the environment.
Not only that, you can make pretty great money, while also getting in a great work out.
Brian has also found many treasures during his cleanup, including $600 that was thrown away in a dumpster.
If you're interested in this opportunity, check out Brian's book, CleanLots, where he tells you everything you need to know to get started, which also includes free phone support to get your business up and running.
16. Freelance on Fiverr
If you're a graphic designer, or in digital marketing, writing, and more, you can post your services on Fiverr and get freelance work.
Fiverr is an awesome online service that connects customers with freelancers to pay for either a one-time job or ongoing work.
17. Virtual Assistant
A virtual assistant is in charge of duties from their computer.
This can be related to social media marketing, writing articles, creating images for blog posts, and more for their boss (and those tasks are related to blogging).
Becoming a Virtual Assistant is hard work, but my friend Kayla (who makes over $10k a month from virtual assisting) created $10K VA to teach people exactly how to do it.
Here are the benefits of $10K VA:
- Learn exactly how to land your first client
- Get email swipe files for landing potential clients
- How to set prices
- Create a system for efficiency
- & a lot more!
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Related articles to read:
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
Do you currently work at any of these jobs?
Like this post? Pin it!