A few years ago, I started dabbling into side hustles.
My side hustle turned into a full-time job and paid off my student loans, bought me a new car, and helped me start my retirement fund early on.
Here are several side hustles that allow a flexible schedule while working from home.
You can monetize a blog in so many ways, including sponsored posts, affiliate marketing, ad revenue, selling your products, coaching, and so much more.
What you ultimately do to make money as a blogger is entirely up to you.
When I went full-time back in 2017, I was scraping by and wasn't making much on my blog, but now I've made close to six figures with my online business in just one year. It's incredible what you have the power to do with your blog.
Here are 5 to become a successful blogger:
1) Choose a niche that already makes money (personal finance, health, and fitness, travel, etc.) and subniche from there. This means to go even deeper into a niche. Ex. Niche: Personal finance > Subniche: Personal finance for college students or personal finance for Catholic moms.
2) Take a comprehensive blogging course. My #1 recommendation for new bloggers who want to build a profitable blog in the fastest time is Blog With A Full-Time Job.
3) Learn from 1 teacher at a time. For example, in Blog With A Full-Time Job, there's a 12-month strategy plan that you will implement in your blogging business. Eliminate distraction and overall by learning from this teacher and this teacher only until you have finished the course. This rule can be applied to any blogging course you are in.
4) Figure out what outlet you want to use for blogging. Do you want to have your own blog? Or do you want to create a YouTube channel? Find out where your audience is and go from there. If you don't know yet, don't sweat it. You'll learn as you go. Creating a blog at the very least will be useful, even if you go the YouTube route.
5) Create a blog with this beginner's guide to starting a profitable blog.
[pictured below: where I make all of my side hustle income]
2. Virtual Assistant
Aside from this blog, I'm a virtual assistant, and it's been a life changing experience – here's why.
I'm a virtual assistant for a 7 figure blog, which allows me to see how a successful, profitable business works. Not only that, I get paid very well for assisting the business owner.
So many people ask me how to get started in this field, which is why I recommend $10KVA.
$10KVA teaches you exactly how to find your first client (and second, third, so on), how to set up your rates, and teaches you how to make $10,000 a month with virtual assisting. $10KVA simplifies the process of becoming a virtual assistant.
With businesses going online, this career space is going to grow exponentially.
You can learn more about $10KVA here – it's amazing.
Tips To Become A Virtual Assistant:
1) Host your services on websites like Fiverr, Upwork, Craigslist, Facebook groups for bloggers.
2) If you don't know how to become a virtual assistant, check out this course $10K VA here that walks you through every step of becoming a high-paying virtual assistant.
3) Read articles online about virtual assistants. There is plenty of information out there to absorb and learn from.
4) If you feel you don't have virtual assistant skills, think about what skills you've learned in your previous career settings. You may have more virtual assistant skills than you think.
I'm a freelance writer myself and love this area of work. Which is why when I came across Freelance Writing Simplified, I knew I had to read it and share it with my readers.
Freelance Writing Simplified teaches you a simplified approach to building a freelance writing business. Even better – the guide only costs $25.
You learn from a successful freelancer herself who had a dream of working from home – and is now a freelance writer full-time while traveling the world.
There are tons of ways to make money from apps, and my favorites are below.
1) Ebates is a website that pays cash back for purchases made online through hundreds of websites like Walmart, Best Buy, Kohls, Ulta, and hundreds more.
It's really easy to use and can be used on virtually any website. I click one button and it gives me cash back.
2) Ibotta is an app that pays cash back for groceries, clothes, toiletries, and a lot more.
One time I got $12 cash back for a purchase I made through Groupon.
Currently, there are deals like $1-$ two off pasta, toothpaste, yogurt, milk, soda, and a lot more.
[pictured below: insider view of my Ibotta app]
Do you want to start a new hustle? Would you like to make more money?
Like this post? Share it! 🙂