I never thought I'd be someone who enjoys side hustles. When I imagined my future, I always thought I'd become a special education teacher and that'd be it.
A few years ago, I started dabbling into side hustles which have now turned into full-time income, allowing me to pay off my student loans and other debt.
Here are several side hustles that allow a flexible schedule while working from home.
Take action now: Before we begin, take action now and download the debt thermometer and 12 week savings challenge. Both of these printables are fun and motivational, which will push you closer to your goals. 💸
You can monetize a blog in so many ways, including sponsored posts, affiliate marketing, ad revenue, selling your own products, coaching, and so much more.
What you ultimately do to make money as a blogger is completely up to you.
When I went full-time back in 2017, I was scraping by and wasn't making much on my blog, but now I've made close to six figures with my online business in just 1 year. It's really incredible what you have the power to do with your blog.
Here are 5 to become a successful blogger:
1) Choose a niche that already makes money (personal finance, health and fitness, travel, etc.) and subniche from there. This means go even deeper into a niche. Ex. Niche: Personal finance > Subniche: Personal finance for college students or personal finance for Catholic moms.
2) Take a comprehensive blogging course. My #1 recommendation for new bloggers who want to build a profitable blog in the fastest time is Blog With A Full-Time Job.
Blog With A Full-Time Job consists of:
- A specific plan for launching, growing and monetizing your blog while working full-time
- The exact strategy to grow and monetize your blog to a six-figure blog
- How to set up a beautiful looking blog that is completely customizable
- How to write blog posts specifically for monetizing
- Sooo much more + tons of bonuses, templates, worksheets, etc.
- Learn how to manage your mind, productivity, time management (all VERY important for working at home and running a successful business)
If you've never taken a blogging course and aren't sure which one to choose, Blog With A Full-Time Job is it.
3) Learn from 1 teacher at a time. For example, in Blog With A Full-Time Job, there's a 12-month strategy plan that you will implement in your blogging business. Eliminate distraction and overall by learning from this teacher and this teacher only until you have finished the course. This rule can be applied to any blogging course you are in.
4) Figure out what outlet you want to use for blogging. Do you want to have your own blog? Or do you want to create a YouTube channel? Find out where your audience is and go from there. If you don't know yet, don't sweat it. You'll learn as you go. Creating a blog at the very least will be useful, even if you go the YouTube route.
5) Create a blog with this beginner's guide to starting a profitable blog.
2. Virtual Assistant
Aside from this blog, I'm a virtual assistant and it's been a life changing experience – here's why.
I'm a virtual assistant for a 7 figure blog, which allows me to see how a successful, profitable business works. Not only that, I get paid very well for assisting the business owner.
So many people ask me how to get started in this field, which is why I recommend $10KVA.
$10KVA teaches you exactly how to find your first client (and second, third, so on), how to set up your rates, and teaches you how to make $10,000 a month with virtual assisting. $10KVA simplifies the process of becoming a virtual assistant.
With businesses going online, this career space is going to grow exponentially.
You can learn more about $10KVA here – it's amazing.
Tips To Become A Virtual Assistant:
1) Host your services on websites like Fiverr, Upwork, Craigslist, Facebook groups for bloggers.
2) If you don't know how to become a virtual assistant, check out this course $10K VA here that walks you through every step of becoming a high-paying virutal assistant.
3) Read articles online about virtual assistants. There is plenty of information out there to absorb and learn from.
4) If you feel you don't have virtual assistant skills, think about what skills you've learned in your previous career settings. You may have more virtual assistant skills than you think.
I'm a freelance writer myself and love this area of work. Which is why when I came across Freelance Writing Simplified, I knew I had to read it and share it with my readers.
Freelance Writing Simplified teaches you a simplified approach to building a freelance writing business. Even better – the guide only costs $25.
You learn from a successful freelancer herself who had a dream of working from home – and is now a freelance writer full-time while traveling the world.
There are tons of ways to make money from apps, and my favorites are below.
1) Ibotta is an app that pays cash back for groceries, clothes, toiletries, and a lot more.
One time I got $12 cash back for a purchase I made through Groupon.
Currently, there are deals like $1-$2 off pasta, toothpaste, yogurt, milk, soda, and a lot more.
2) Ebates is a website that pays cash back for purchases made online through hundreds of websites like Walmart, Best Buy, Kohls, Ulta, and hundreds more.
It's really easy to use and can be used on virtually any website. I click one button and it gives me cash back.
Side hustles you may be interested in:
1. Teach English online
Teaching English online is a great way to make income at home, while on your own schedule.
You get to enjoy the flexibility of a stable job, while not having to do any lesson planning or grading like most teachers do.
VIPKID is the leader in the online English teaching world, paying up to $25 per hour, and the entire curriculum is provided for you. Forbes even recognized VIPKID as one of the best places to work online.
2. Selling on amazon
Selling items on Amazon can be an incredible online business where you can make great money with just a few hours per week.
My friends over at The Selling Family have perfected the art of selling on Amazon and has made well over $100,000 profit by working just 20 hours a week.
Jessica even has a FREE 7-day course that tells you everything you need to know in a simplified version to get started selling on Amazon.
3. Professional Proofreader
Transform your passion for words and reading by becoming a professional proofreader, and help people like me who are terrible at proofreading. 🙂
Proofreaders can earn up to $30+ per hour and offers competitive pay and flexible hours while working from home.
Click here for a free workshop which will show you if proofreading is right for you, how to attract your ideal proofreading clients, and how proofreading can lead to lifestyle freedom and financial security.
A transcriptionist practices the art of turning audio and video recordings into text documents.
These are voice-recorded reports in several different fields, such as legal, medical, and general.
These might be writers, podcasters, bloggers, trainers, academics, and basically anyone with audio or video content that needs to be turned into text.
You can learn more about becoming a transcriptionist and how to make money doing so in this FREE 7-day mini-course.
5. Pick up garbage
Did you know you can make money by picking up garbage?
The garbage pickup business is incredible for several reasons: 1) There's a high demand for it, 2) It's recession-proof, and 3) It helps the environment.
If you're interested in this opportunity, check out my friend's book, CleanLots, where he tells you everything you need to know to get started, which also includes free phone support to get your business up and running. I truly believe this is a huge untapped market which leaves a lot of room for high income and growth.
6. Flea Market Flipper
If I wasn't blogging full-time, I would totally be a full-time flea market flipper.
My friends Melissa and Rob are killin' at flipping and are teaching hundreds of students how to do the same.
Their first year flipping full-time, they made over $133,000.
You can turn your passion for visiting thrift stores, yard sales, and flea markets into a profitable reselling business.
Learn how flipping can be your ticket to lifestyle freedom and financial security in this free workshop here. 🙂
7. Facebook Ad Manager
Did you know you can become a Facebook Ads Manager for businesses and make an extra $1,000 to $2,000 a month?
Facebook is heavily focused on ads promoted by brands and businesses, which is why Facebook Ad Managers are in high demand.
You can learn how to become a Facebook Ads Manager in less than 28 days with the Facebook Side Hustle Course.
This course works, and it even gives you access to a private group that is full of testimonials. I'm in the group and it's incredible and so inspiring to see so many students create a full-time income, work from home, all because of the Facebook Side Hustle course.
8. Task Rabbit
Task Rabbit lets you find jobs you love at rates you choose on a schedule that fits your life.
When you sign up for Task Rabbit, you'll get notified of potential jobs nearby, you select the jobs you want to complete, confirm details with the client, and complete the work and submit your invoice.
Popular tasks include handyman work, cleaning, delivery, moving, furniture assembly, personal assistant, just to name a few.
9. Rent a room or apartment out on Airbnb
Did you know you can make money by renting out a room or apartment?
If you travel often and have a vacant house, I definitely recommend putting your apartment or house on Airbnb.
I have several friends that live in a big house and decided to rent out a room. This Airbnb room now covers their mortgage.
You can sign up to become an Airbnb host here. [You can even see how much you can make in your city by clicking that link. In my small town in Colorado, it's possible for me to make $1,365 per month].
If you're clueless about Airbnb hosting, you can learn how to do everything in a simplified fashion with Hosting Your Pad.
Hosting Your Pad is an affordable course for Airbnb hosts that make it incredibly easy to make great money by hosting a room.
Filling out surveys to make money is an easy way to make money by simply providing your opinion to questions.
I genuinely enjoy surveys because I love sharing my opinion on things. I've always been into taking quizzes and surveys, so naturally, I love this method of making some extra cash.
Here are a few of my favorite surveys to make money:
11. Pinterest Virtual Assistant
Pinterest is a must for small and large business owners, which is why Pinterest Virtual Assistant's are in high demand.
However, you may be thinking about how to get started in this field, where to find clients and more. This is why I recommend the course Become A Pinterest VA Today.
Become A Pinterest VA Today teaches you so many valuable things, such as how to design beautiful pins, how much to charge, how to pitch your services to potential clients, and a lot more.
Students are seeing tremendous success after taking the course. One student named Kristin is averaging $3,600/month after taking Become A Pinterest VA Today.
Do you want to start a new hustle? Would you like to make more money?
Like this post? Share it! 🙂