So much money can be saved by simply flashing your student ID card, yet so many college students never do this.
I honestly don’t even believe you have to be a current college student, you could still flash your college ID without an issue. I try my best to remember to ask each restaurant/store I go to if they have discounts for college students.
You’d be quite surprised at who gives student discounts.
Another great way to save money when shopping is to get free cash back for your purchases. I highly recommend signing up for Ebates before you do any shopping. You get cash back for purchases you make online. Plus, for signing up you also receive a free $10 gift card to a store such as Target!
- 50+ Ways To Make Extra Money
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
- 7 Books To Become A Better And Happier You
- 10 Ways To Make Fast And Easy Income This Summer
Below, I’m going to list a few of my favorite/regular places I go to that have a student discount:
- Banana Republic: 15% off
- Ann Taylor: 15% off
- Jcrew: 15% off
- Charlotte Russe: 10% off
- Modcloth: 15% off full price merchandise
- Topshop: 10% off
- Toms: Free shipping
- ASOS: Free shipping
- The Limited: 15% off
- Subway: 10% off
- Chipotle: Free drink with college ID
- Waffle House: 10% off
- Burger King: 10% off
- Firehouse Subs: 10% off
- Sweet Tomatoes: 10% off
- Chipotle: Free drink with purchase
- Qdoba: Free drink with college ID
- Buffalo Wild Wings: 10% off
- Sams Club: Discount on membership
- Fedex: 20% off shipping
- Amazon: Free 2 day shipping + more
- Jiffy Lube: 10% off
- Apple/Dell/Microsoft/HP/Sony: Several different specials for college students
- AT&T: Special discount for students
- AMC Theaters: Certain theaters give discounts on Thursdays to college students.
- State Farm: The give out discounts to college students who are full-time and pull off a certain GPA each semester. Must have at least 12 credit hours for most State Farm agencies.
- Allstate: Save up to 25% up until you’re 26
- Corepower Yoga: Specialty discount on yoga classes
- 24 Hour Fitness: Specialty pricing
I didn’t list all of the other places I use my student ID because they are local stores/venues. I’ve used my student ID for various workout facilities and yoga spas.
As you’ve seen, you can get a discount at pretty much anywhere you need to go to whether it be needing new clothes or electronics. I don’t use the student discount as much as I should but I’m going to start making it more of a habit. I obviously didn’t list all of the places you can get student discounts because there are so many, but all you have to do is look student discounts up on Google and a TON pop up. You’ll be surprised at the places you can get student discounts.
I never knew Jiffy Lube did student discounts until recently and I’ve been going there for almost every oil change of mine.
So remember, it’s not a bad idea to ask every place you go to if they do college student discounts. You’ll know for next time that they don’t do it, and it might even sway you away from going to that place and going to a store that actually has a student discount. Who doesn’t like saving money in every way possible?
If a place doesn’t do student discounts, I still like to check my coupon apps for my phone. The RetailMeNot app will even locate the area you’re in if you’re in a mall. Almost all of the stores in the mall will show up and give you a set of different coupons.
Do you use your college ID for student discounts? What places do you use your student ID for discounts?
Here are my go-to ways to having a healthy and fit body:
- 14 Day Lean Meal Plan: Find out how to lose the weight for good
- 21 Day Fix (beginner version of 21 Day Fix Extreme)
- 21 Day Fix Extreme (a more intense version of 21 Day Fix)
- 3 Day Refresh (to kick off your health journey or break a plateau)
If you enjoyed this post, please help me spread the word by clicking one of the share buttons below. =)
Sign Up for the FREE 5 Day Health Guide on a Budget
Subscribe now to take this FREE 5 Day Healthy Living Course!