Are you a teacher looking for a legit full-time job to work at during the summer that pays well?
Or would you rather work a part-time job that allows you to choose your own schedule?
Whichever question you said yes to, below are 10 REAL job options to choose from that can increase your skills, let you travel the world, and even discover new and amazing things about yourself.
1. Teach English with Qkids
Teaching English online is a great way to make income at home, while on your own schedule. You're also helping people learn English, which gives them the ability to talk to over 1.5 billion people around the world. That’s pretty amazing when you think about it!
Qkids pays up to $20 an hour and also has bonuses for teachers who have good attendance!
Qkids Quick Facts
- Qkids is a national learner in cross-cultural E-learning platform
- Over 100,000 Chinese students with Qkids
- Patented and effective game-based curriculum with fun, dynamic, and engaging narrative gaming adventures
Requirements to become a Qkids Teacher
- Eligible to legally work in the U.S. or Canada
- Earned a bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a university program (juniors and seniors in college only)
- Technical requirements: a computer with stable internet connection and clear audio/video capacity
2. Teaching English with Magic Ears
Magic Ears is a company based in China that hires English speakers from the U.S. and Canada to teach English.
Don't have teaching experience? No bachelor's degree or teaching certifications? No problem.
Magic Ears pays teachers up to $26 per hour and provides all the curriculum for you.
3. Teach English Abroad
Teaching English Abroad has several benefits such as traveling the world and experiencing other cultures for free, free housing, bonuses (depending on the school), and being able to save most of your salary since most expenses are paid for.
If you're a teacher, you most likely have a bachelor's degree, which means you get paid more and have job opportunities in high-paying countries like South Korea, Japan, China, and more.
Tutors with a bachelor's degree in a certain area can find plenty of work in-person at a university or online.
If you have a bachelor's degree in Math or Science with great grades, you can be a lot of help to students struggling with these subjects, while also making a decent income.
You can tutor over the computer and charge up to $100 per hour depending on how much experience you have, as well as what kind of credentials you have.
5. Teach Summer School
Teaching summer school is a great way to help out students in need while also making extra money during the summer time.
If you're thinking about teaching summer school, here is a great list of summer school jobs.
Here is a great article if you're a teacher on the fence about teaching summer school.
6. Start a Blog
Blogging allowed me to quit my job back in 2016.
I even managed to make five times my income in just one year, which is one of the greatest things about blogging.
I've worked hard for the money I've earned on FITnancials, but one of the best things about my job is that I actually enjoy it. I'm my own boss, I set my own hours, and I travel when I want to without having to ask for time off.
I work less than 30 hours per week. And, those 30 hours are entirely spent on work, and every minute is used wisely. I do my best to max my ROI (return on investment) so I can spend the rest of my life exploring the outdoors, reading, learning languages, and other fun stuff that I enjoy.
Are you interested in starting a blog and becoming a full-time blogger? If so, check out my FREE 7-day course on how to start a profitable blog!
7. Sell on Amazon
Starting an FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) on Amazon is the perfect platform for building a business you can manage from home. My friend Jessica, from The Selling Family, has perfected the art of selling on Amazon and has made well over six figures profit by working just 20 hours a week.
Jessica from has a FREE 7 day course that tells you everything you need to know to get started selling on Amazon. She shares the way she buys inventory, how to choose the perfect items to sell that will make you money, and so much more.
The course includes:
- Understand WHY Amazon is the perfect platform for building a business
- How leveraging the fulfillment power of Amazon leaves your home free from piles of inventory
- The way we buy inventory that built over six figures in profit during our first full year
- How to choose the perfect items to sell that people want and will make you money
- What tools we use to save time and be the most efficient in our business
8. Start Freelance Writing
Freelance writing involves getting paid for writing gigs on various websites. You usually set your own rates, which increase as you grow your writing skills and experience writing for popular websites.
Having a blog also helps with freelance writing gigs. Without my blog, I never would have been able to freelance for the personal finance company I also work for.
9. Freelance Proofreader
In 2014, Caitlin, of Proofread Anywhere, made slightly over $43,000 as a freelance proofreader, while also going on several fun vacations. If you want to find out how she makes a full-time income as a freelance proofreader, you can try her FREE 45-minute workshop that will give you tons of great info on becoming a freelance proofreader.
10. Walk Dogs on Rover
Hang out with dogs and get paid? It sounds too good to be true! Luckily, it's not. I've been using Rover to make side income for months.
You can set up your own hours, pay, and area of proximity you'd like to work in. There is no shortage of jobs, and even if you have no reviews, you will get contacted for a job (as long as you have a good profile, that is!).
Are you a teacher? What do you do in the summer (if you're off)?
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
- 15 College Student Jobs That Pay Up To $40 An Hour
- 20 Side Hustles Perfect For Stay At Home Moms
- How I Went From $1,000 to $10,000 Per Month On My Blog In 1 Year
Like this post? Share it!