If you rely on Pinterest for your main (and only) source of traffic, this article is for you.
For years I’ve been entirely relying on Pinterest. I even used to boast about getting 90% of my traffic from Pinterest.
As much as I tried to avoid the fact that being at the mercy of Pinterest isn’t a good idea, I didn’t want to believe it. Getting traffic from Pinterest was so easy, and I hoped it would stay this way forever.
Then reality set in. My business was growing fast, what if Pinterest decided to pull the plug as Facebook had recently done? I had to be smarter about this.
This was when I decided to buy Stupid Simple SEO, after hearing about it from other bloggers for months.
My results have been insane since taking this course. Just so you understand, 1 year ago, I was only getting 25% of my traffic from Google. 1 year later, 50% of my traffic is coming from Google. This is HUGE.
If you want to increase your traffic and make more money on your blog, sign up for this free SEO training filled with a ton of amazing info from the same person I learned SEO from!
Below is a screenshot of my increasing organic traffic.
First off, what is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization.
This essentially means you increase the amount of traffic to your website through an organic search engine.
Why should you care about Google SEO?
- Once you get Google traffic, it’s pretty consistent, unlike Pinterest’s constantly changing algorithm. And as I mentioned above, diversifying your traffic sources is incredibly important. Don’t put your eggs in one basket.
- Google traffic is extremely targeted, which means when a visitor lands on your blog, they’re actively looking for information to their problem. This is valuable and means much better conversion rates compared to Pinterest (with Pinterest, people are more likely to just stumble upon your blog as they scroll through their Pinterest feed).
Here’s the change I’ve seen in Google traffic in the past two years, with the most recent spike being after taking Stupid Simple SEO.
January 2017: approx. 2000 page views from Google
April 2019: approx. 20,000 page views from Google
Like I said before, this increase in just 1 year is insane.
What is Stupid Simple SEO?
Stupid Simple SEO is a step-by-step formula enrolled by over 400+ bloggers to rank higher in Google and get more organic traffic.
Who created Stupid Simple SEO?
Mike Pearson created Stupid Simple SEO. Here’s some quick info about Mike and why he’s a great teacher for SEO.
- Mike helps bloggers increase their Google rankings and grow their Google traffic with SEO at stupidsimpleseo.co
- Mike has started several blogs in different niches and has made over $200,000 from Amazon’s affiliate program
- Mike is obsessed with teaching other bloggers about SEO and making SEO easier for all bloggers
Who is Stupid Simple SEO for?
- Bloggers who want to or are already making money blogging
- Bloggers who want to diversify their traffic and increase revenue
- Bloggers who have no idea how to get started with Google SEO
- I don’t recommend this course for beginner bloggers – focus on Pinterest first, and then Google SEO.
What’s included in Stupid Simple SEO?
Stupid Simple SEO is an over-the-shoulder course that covers 55+ lessons on these topics:
- How to set up your blog for SEO success
- Why user intent & blog relevance is so important
- How to do proper keyword research
- How to create and optimize content that ranks
- How to do SEO for affiliate marketing
- Link building 101
- How to do guest posting for backlinks
- How to do a “blogger roundup” to get links
- How to do blogger outreach
- How to use Help A Reporter Out to get links
Downsides of Stupid Simple SEO
Stupid Simple SEO is not easy work – you can’t just go through the course and expect results.
The course requires a few hours work that isn’t fun at all [you have to download data from various competitor websites, takes a while, but is extremely valuable information needed for SEO purposes].
Despite the hard work, it was worth doing because now I’m seeing a 552% increase in Google traffic.
How I Increased My Google Traffic By 552%
- I deleted 600 posts that didn’t provide value to my readers. Since I started this blog for fun back in 2013, there was a lot of fluff. I redirected or deleted over 600 posts. If there was a related post on my blog, I redirected the post. If the post had nothing to do with anything [I often just talked about my life in posts] I would delete it.
- I created posts with keyword research in mind. Before, I’d write to write without a strategy in mind. After going through Stupid Simple SEO, I did what Mike said to do and wrote posts with specific keywords in mind. This is a long process, but so worth it.
- Improved site structure to make it Google-friendly.
- I’m working on revamping old articles into high-quality content that provides as much value as possible to my audience.
- Reaching out to other bloggers for guest posts.
- Pitching to HARO to get quality dofollow links.
These are just a few things I’ve learned and implemented so far from Stupid Simple SEO.
Stupid Simple SEO Bonuses
- Private Facebook Group Support: Members-only Facebook group where you’ll be able to ask me questions directly about the program and the SEO progress of your bog. You’ll also be able to chat with 500+ other SEO-minded bloggers to discuss new ideas and develop new SEO strategies.
- “Behind The Scenes” of CreditTakeoff.com: Mike Pearson takes students behind the scenes of launching his new personal finance website, which covers things like niche selection, competitor research & analysis, hiring and managing writers, and getting links from major authority websites.
- Email outreach templates: This bonus includes custom email plug-and-play outreach templates for things like guest post pitches and blogger outreach, where you copy and paste the templates, change a few minor details, and hit send.
- Free Downloads & Checklists: The same spreadsheets Mike uses to track my link building campaigns and which keywords he’s targeting, and checklists that tell you if your on-page SEO is looking good and if you should go after a particular keyword
Does Stupid Simple SEO work?
Below is a screenshot of when I enrolled in Stupid Simple SEO [marked with red arrow].
I’ve only just begun implementing what Mike’s taught in the course, and it’s crazy to see results like this already.
This makes me eager to see what the year has in store with the work I put in.
Don’t forget to take advantage of this FREE SEO training that teaches you everything you need to know to get started with SEO!
Don’t just take it from me, though, see what so many others have had to say about Stupid Simple SEO.
In a nutshell
If you’re ready to get started with SEO and get results as I did, I recommend enrolling in Stupid Simple SEO.
This course is only open a few times a year – so act now. Don’t be like me and wait an extra year to take this course.
If you start now you can expect:
- Finally have a comprehensive understanding of SEO
- Increase your Google rankings
- Increase your organic/Google traffic
- Increase your affiliate sales
- Know how to target the right keyword
- Know how to write content that ranks
- Know how to increase your domain authority with backlinks
I waited for years to get started on SEO, and I regret waiting so long.
I thought SEO would be too difficult for someone like me to do, but Mike makes it easy to understand.
Get ahead of the game now and get started with Google SEO.
What to read next: How I Made $80,000 My Second Year Blogging Full-Time
Don’t forget to sign up for the free resource library and get exclusive access to free printables & planners related to saving and making money, meal planning, and more!
How do you get traffic to your blog?
Like this post? Share it!