Working remotely means you can travel as you please, and reap the benefits of teaching English without having to commit to a school for a year or more.
Check out the video below from real VIPKID teachers!
VIPKID is an online service for Chinese students eager to learn English. You teach one student at a time, with a curriculum provided by VIPKID.
You can set up your own schedule, have support from the tech team, as well as have lesson plans provided.
You'll be teaching the English language, as well as teaching American traditions and American culture.
You'll also learn about the Chinese culture a bit as well.
Teachers will receive a base pay of $18-$22 an hour
As far as payment goes, it’s not unknown for a teacher to make a livable income off VIPKID.
Last July, the highest paying teacher made $9,000 (yes, in 1 month).
A teacher named Dan made over $75,000 in 2016 from VIPKID.
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Minimum 1 year of traditional teaching experience OR the equivalent in Mentoring, Tutoring, Alternative education, Coaching, Supervising, Pastors, Church Leaders, Nursery School Assistants, etc.
How to successfully become a VIPKID teacher:
After registering and applying here, prospective VIPKid teachers in major cities across the US may participate in an exclusive coaching day led by top VIPKid mentors.
Here's what is included:
1) Company Overview: Learn more about this fast-growing company and how we are making a global impact. VIPKID has over 15,000 teachers in our community and you will see first hand what its like to be a VIPKID teacher.
2) Skill-Based Practice: Get hands-on practice with key skills for teaching ESL online. This includes Total Physical Response, Energy, Phonics, Student Output, and Appropriate Language. We will also practice pacing, & reward systems.
3) Demo Lesson: Get individualized attention from VIPKID teachers and practice with your Demo Lesson. Record a 10 min demo using our teaching platform and curriculum.
Major benefits of working with VIPKID:
- Lesson plans and course material ALL provided
- Twice a year, VIPKID teachers get a chance to win a trip to the Headquarters in Beijing.
VIPKID has also informed me that they’re definitely in need of English teachers as their registered users have surpassed the 500,000 mark (omg!), with close to 100,000 paying students.
This job is perfect for:
- Someone who wants to be location independent, meaning you can work anywhere in the world
- Anyone who has a passion for teaching
- Enjoys working with other cultures
- Wants to make extra money
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Related articles to read:
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
Like this post? Pin it
Have you ever thought about teaching English at home?