Did you know you can make $500 fast with skills you may already have?
I had so many side hustles in college and knew how to make $500 fast when I needed it.
Best side hustles to start right now
- Sell printables on Etsy – Selling printables is the #1 side hustle to make money. This can be done on your own schedule and turn into passive income! You can earn over $10,000 a year selling printables.
- Sell dog treats – Make $1,000+ selling dog treats from the comfort of your home. Be your own boss and make your own schedule.
- Proofreading – Earn $20+ an hour proofreading from home. Great for people who enjoy editing and working from a computer.
- Surveys – Make money filling out surveys. You can take as many surveys as you want and earn up to $5 per survey.
Here’s a list of the best ways to make money fast with side hustles.
1. Pinterest Virtual Assistant
A Pinterest Virtual Assistant is someone who manages a business’s profile on Pinterest.
Pinterest VA’s are in charge of tasks like creating new pins, scheduling pins, creating descriptions for pins, etc.
Benefits of being a Pinterest VA:
- Work from anywhere
- Set your own schedule
- Can make $500-$5,000+ a month
- Ability to quit your day job and do this full-time
In the free training, you’ll learn:
- How to get started as a Pinterest VA right away
- Steps to take to start this business
- How to create a business plan based on how much you want to make
2. Sell printables
Selling printables on Etsy is one of best side hustles out there because of how easy it is to get started.
People are earning between $100-$1000+ a month selling printables online (see their success stories here).
Benefits of selling printables:
- Don’t need previous experience
- Can turn into passive income
- Work from home + work as little or as many hours as you want
In this free training you’ll learn:
- Ideas for printables to make
- What you need to start an Etsy shop
- How to make sure you get sales on Etsy
3. Make dog treats at home
You can earn $1,000-$5,000 a month with a dog treat business.
This fun and flexible side hustle can not only replace your day job, but bring you tons of joy by getting to bake and work with dogs on a regular basis.
My friend Kristin runs a successful dog treat business from home. She even teaches others how to replicate her success.
Check out this free training and learn:
- Most popular dog treats to sell
- Where to sell dog treats
- How much to charge
- What you need to start a dog treat business
4. Freelance writing
If you enjoy writing or it sounds like something you want to get into, consider freelance writing as a side gig.
This is something I’ve been doing for over 10 years now and I really like it. I get paid around $250/article and it’s relatively easy work.
Benefits of freelance writing:
- Work from home
- Take on as little or as many articles as you want
- As you gain experience, you can charge more
- Set your own hours and be your own boss
Learn how to make money from home as a freelance writer with the course Big Money Writer.
Surveys are a great way to make extra money when you need extra cash for groceries or gas.
To make money with surveys, all you do is:
- Fill out a quick profile sharing a little about you
- Start answering questions and giving your opinions
You can also earn money on survey sites by:
- Playing games
- Watching ads
The top survey sites are:
Proofreaders work online and have the ability to work from anywhere in the world.
The average hourly rate is between $14-$31 an hour depending on your experience, which clients you’re working for, and the type of project.
To become a proofreader it’s important that you:
- Own a computer
- Reliable internet access
This job is done on your own schedule because you need to have the work done BY a certain time, not at a certain time.
In this free training you’ll learn:
- 5 signs proofreading is right for you
- How to attract proofreading clients
8. Facebook Ad Manager
Did you know you can become a Facebook Ad Manager for businesses and make an extra $1,000+ a month with just 1 client?
You’ve likely seen Facebook ads before and you may have even purchased something from a Facebook ad.
Facebook Ad Managers are in charge of running ads for businesses to increase their customer base and income.
Get a free training here and learn how to become a Facebook Ad Manager.
- How this proven side hustle earns people $2,000/month with only 2-3 hours per week
9. Rent a room or apartment out on Airbnb
Did you know you can make money by renting out a room or apartment?
If you often travel and have a vacant house, I recommend putting your apartment or house on Airbnb.
I have several friends that live in a big house and rent out a room. This Airbnb room now covers their mortgage.
#11 Find a remote job on FlexJobs search engine
If you want a remote part-time or full-time job, FlexJobs is the best online job marketplace.
FlexJobs saves you time, energy, and stress because their expert team personally vet the jobs and companies for you. This means you will never see a scam, ad, or any type of junk on FlexJobs.
FlexJobs lists jobs such as:
- Marketing assistant
- Virtual assistant
- Customer support specialist
- Graphic design
- Freelance writing
So what are you waiting for? Find a side hustle and get started! Making $500 fast is a lot easier than you’d think.
Don’t forget to sign up for the free resource library and get exclusive access to free printables & planners related to saving and making money, meal planning, and more!
Free Printable Library
Join 20,000 others and get access to free printables related to achieving financial freedom, starting a side hustle, and other fun goodies!