Are you looking for a simple job that requires very little effort?
Here’s a list of jobs that make more doing virtually nothing.
#1 Art modeling
Posing for art classes is an easy way to make money just by holding still. Average hourly pay for this position is $25.
To find jobs art modeling, simply type in “art model” in the search bar for job sites like Indeed. Available jobs will come up in your area that share qualifications and pay.
#2 Mystery shopper
Get paid to be a mystery shopper and dine at restaurants, go shopping, and try out different businesses in your area. My sister was a mystery shopper and it was always fun going out and testing out restaurants with her.
Mystery shoppes are typically reimbursed for their purchases and receive an additional amount for payment.
Check out platforms like BestMark to find mystery shopping opportunities.
#3 Test mattresses
Mattress companies hire people to test their products and provide feedback on the quality and comfort of the mattress. Your feedback directly helps the mattress companies better their product.
Duties of this job include:
- Sleeping in different positions
- Evaluating mattresses, pillows, bed frames
- Collaborating with product designers
- Test bed accessories like blankets, pillow cases, sheets
To find mattress testing jobs, search for the keyword “mattress tester” in job sites like Indeed.
#4 Online surveys
Filling out surveys to make money is an easy way to make money by simply providing your opinion to questions.
I genuinely enjoy surveys because I love sharing my opinion on things.
I’ve always been into taking quizzes and surveys, so naturally, I love this method of making some extra cash.
#5 Get paid to watch Netflix
Yep, you can get paid for watching Netflix. There are so many ways to get paid watching Netflix including:
- Working as a transcriptionist and providing closed captioning
- Voice over actor for Netflix shows
- Working as a Netflix Tagger – someone who watches Netflix and adds tags and categories
#6 Wait in line
You can get paid for waiting in line for people. Companies like LineAngel or TaskRabbit connect you with people who are hiring for someone to stand in line for them.
People get paid an average of $15/hour for waiting in line.
#7 Product tester
Become a product tester and share your honest opinions.
Sites like Influenster connect you with companies who will send free products in the mail in exchange for feedback. This helps the companies make improvements so they can sell their products better.
You can get paid for participating in all kinds of studies.
Back when I was in college, I knew tons of people who participated in studies and got paid just for sitting around. Some of these studies included being at a medical facility overnight.
#9 Dog walker
Walking dogs is one of the easiest jobs that often feels like getting paid to do nothing.
I was a dog walker with Rover for a long time and it was an amazing experience. I got paid for pet sitting dogs and walking dogs. It was definitely the easiest job ever.
Dog walkers and pet sitters can make between $20-$30 an hour depending on the job.
#10 Background actor
If you’re into TV and entertainment, try to get a gig as a background actor. Sign up with a casting agency and you can possibly get featured in movies, TV shows, or commercials.
Background actors can make between $100-$200 per day depending on the job.
#11 Cash back apps
There are tons of ways to make money from apps, and my favorites are below.
- Ebates is a website that pays cash back for purchases made online through hundreds of websites like Walmart, Best Buy, Kohls, Ulta, and hundreds more. I’ve been using Ebates since I was in my early twenties! It’s my go to for saving money online. Create an Ebates account here.
- Ibotta is an app that pays cash back for groceries, clothes, household items, and anything else you can think of. If you’re new to Ibotta, you can get $10 in your account by signing up here.
#12 Rent your car
Make extra money by listing your car on Turo for rent. Turo is a platform where people can book cars all around the world.
If you have a car that isn’t your daily driver, this is a great way to add extra income to your home without having to do anything.
For example, for a Chevy Cruze, you can make around $11,000 a year just by renting out your car.
#13 House sit
Another unique and easygoing job is working as a house sitter. House sitting is a great way to see the world for very little money, and oftentimes you can even make some cash doing this.
To get started as a house sitter, sign up for house sitting websites such as:
To start landing house sitting jobs, it’s important to have positive references on your profile. If you’ve never house fitted before, you can likely find a job over a busy holiday when house sitters are in short supply. Once you find your first job, it’s easier to get your second, third, and so on.
#14 Rent your RV
Do you have an RV you don’t use most of the year? Consider renting it out on sites like RVshare.
To list your RV on RVshare, you need to:
- Create a listing on RVshare
- Set the dates your RV is available to be rented
- Decide on rates and any fees
- Upload high quality photos of your RV
- Add detailed description of your RV
RVshare owners can make between $10,000-$40,000 a year in extra income by renting out their RV when it’s not being used.
#15 Advertise on your car
You can get paid just by putting an advertisement on your car.
Companies pay people to put a special car wrap on their car that advertises their business. This type of advertising is great for companies because it lets their ads reach thousands of people all over a city.
Companies that pay to advertise on your car:
You can make between $100-$400 a month with an advertising wrap.
Conclusion – Ways To Get Paid To Do Nothing
There are tons of ways to get paid to do nothing. If you’re looking for a break and want to make money working an stress-free job, consider one of the gigs on this list.
Other side hustles to try out:
- Sell printables on Etsy – Selling printables is the #1 side hustle to make money. This can be done on your own schedule and turn into passive income! You can earn over $10,000 a year selling printables.
- Sell dog treats – Make $1,000+ selling dog treats from the comfort of your home. Be your own boss and make your own schedule.
- Proofreading – Earn $20+ an hour proofreading from home. Great for people who enjoy editing and working from a computer.
- Surveys – Make money filling out surveys. You can take as many surveys as you want and earn up to $5 per survey.
Free Printable Library
Join 20,000 others and get access to free printables related to achieving financial freedom, starting a side hustle, and other fun goodies!
Alexis Schroeder is the CEO and founder of FITnancials.
With budgeting and side hustles, Alexis paid off over $40,000 of debt and made over $100,000 in side hustles in college.
Since starting this website over 10 years ago, Fitnancials has reached over 3,000,000 readers. We’ve been featured on sites like Forbes, Yahoo, Side Hustle School, GOBankingRates, Mint, and many more.
If you want to contact Alexis, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.