Are you working at a job that makes you unhappy, or even worse, miserable?
Well, take this as your sign to move on and switch careers!
I know I know, that's easier said than done, but life is short and you shouldn't spend 30% or more of your day hating your life.
What are your passions? What gets you fired up and motivated? Dive into that and figure out your TRUE passion!
Check out this list below to get motivated to try out something new. Enjoy!
1. Teach English with Qkids
Teaching English online is a great way to make income at home, while on your own schedule. You're also helping people learn English, which gives them the ability to talk to over 1.5 billion people around the world. That’s pretty amazing when you think about it!
Qkids pays up to $20 an hour and also has bonuses for teachers who have good attendance.
Qkids Quick Facts
- Qkids is a national learner in cross-cultural E-learning platform
- Over 100,000 Chinese students with Qkids
- Patented and effective game-based curriculum with fun, dynamic, and engaging narrative gaming adventures
Requirements to become a Qkids Teacher
- Eligible to legally work in the U.S. or Canada
- Earned a bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a university program (juniors and seniors in college only)
- Technical requirements: a computer with stable internet connection and clear audio/video capacity
2. Start a blog
Did you know you can make money from blogging? While it's not a get rich quick scheme, blogging can be a great way to work from home and support you and your family. You get to help people from all over the world while creating content that inspires and motivates others to live their best life.
I make $5,000 a month blogging and I'm also a full-time student in college. It's more than possible to make money from blogging!
Are you interested in starting a blog and becoming a full-time blogger? If so, check out my FREE 7-day course that will tell you everything you need to know, including how to create your own blog from scratch, essential blogging tools successful bloggers use, how to monetize your blog, grow a loyal audience, and so much more!
3. Sell on Amazon
Starting an FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) on Amazon is the perfect platform for building a business you can manage from home. My friend Jessica, from The Selling Family, has perfected the art of selling on Amazon and has made well over six figures profit by working just 20 hours a week.
Jessica from has a FREE 7-day course that tells you everything you need to know to get started selling on Amazon. She shares the way she buys inventory, how to choose the perfect items to sell that will make you money, and so much more.
The course includes:
- Understand WHY Amazon is the perfect platform for building a business
- How leveraging the fulfillment power of Amazon leaves your home free from piles of inventory
- The way we buy inventory that built over six figures in profit our first full year
- How to choose the perfect items to sell that people want and will make you money
- What tools we use to save time and be the most efficient in our business
4. Flipping Items
A flipper is someone who flips products for profit. My friend Melissa, from Flipper University, created a guide that teaches people her secrets and strategies for reaching over $100k in sales after their first year of full-time flipping.
These are a few of the things she’s flipped for profit:
- An item that they bought for $10 and flipped for $200 just 6 minutes later.
- A security tower they bought for $6,200 and flipped for $25,000 just one month later.
- A prosthetic leg that they bought for $30 at a flea market and sold for $1,000 on eBay the next day.
She even created a course called Flipper University that teaches students how to become a successful flipper. Melissa says her students can expect to make $500-$2,500 per month in their first year.
A transcriptionist practices the art of turning audio and video recordings into text documents.
These are voice-recorded reports in several different fields, such as legal, medical, and general. All industries, besides medical and legal, fall under the general umbrella. These might be writers, podcasters, bloggers, trainers, academics, and basically anyone with audio or video content that needs to be turned into text.
You can learn more about becoming a transcriptionist and how to make money doing so in this FREE 7-day mini-course.
Becoming a bookkeeper has several benefits, such as low startup costs, high profit, freedom to work remotely, and plenty more. As a bookkeeper, you can expect to earn an average of $62 per hour.
Click here to get access to a free, 3-part video series that'll reveal the keys to success in the bookkeeping industry.
7. Pick up garbage
The garbage pickup business is incredible for several reasons: 1) There's a high demand for it, 2) It's recession-proof, and 3) It helps the environment. Not only that, you can make pretty great money, while also getting in a great work out. Brian has also found many treasures during his cleanup, including $600 that was thrown away in a dumpster.
If you're interested in this opportunity, check out Brian's book, CleanLots, where he tells you everything you need to know to get started, which also includes free phone support to get your business up and running.
8. Freelance Proofreader
In 2014, Caitlin, of Proofread Anywhere, made slightly over $43,000 as a freelance proofreader, while also going on several fun vacations.
If you want to find out how she makes a full-time income as a freelance proofreader, you can try her FREE 45-minute workshop that will give you tons of great info on becoming a freelance proofreader.
9. Teaching English with Magic Ears
Magic Ears is a company based in China that hires English speakers from the U.S. and Canada to teach English.
Don't have teaching experience? No bachelor's degree or teaching certifications? No problem.
Magic Ears pays teachers up to $26 per hour and provides all the curriculum for you.
10. Facebook Ad Manager
Did you know you can become a Facebook Ads Manager for businesses and make an extra $1,000 to $2,000 a month?
You don't need a website or prior experience to do this. You can even learn how to become a Facebook Ads Manager in less than 28 days with the Facebook Side Hustle Course. This course works, and it even gives you access to a private group that is full of testimonials.
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Related articles to read:
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
Are you looking into switching careers?
Like this post? Pin it!