Working while you go to school can be a great way to put some extra money in your pocket. Maybe you live on your own and that money is needed income each month. Whether you just want a part-time job or a full-time job, there are many opportunities out there for college students.
Here is my long list of positions that you might be able to find:
- Server. Yes, I wasn't the best at being a waitress, but many people are awesome at this and make a good income.
- Healthcare. There are many healthcare jobs out there. You could work at a hospital, a retirement home, a small private office, and so on.
- Library. Working at a library can be a nice part-time job, especially if you love books!
- Tutor. Are you awesome at a certain subject? You may be able to tutor it! You can tutor those your age in your classes, younger students or even older students if you know what you are talking about.
- Teach another language. Do you know another language?
- Retail. There are plenty of retail jobs out there. You could work at a clothing store, Target, Home Depot, Sears, a pet store, a bookstore, the mall, a small family store and so on. There are plenty of options out there!
- Personal assistant. I have a couple of friends who are personal assistants. They sometimes make food, help with laundry, take clothes to the dry cleaners, set up appointments, and so on.
- Secretary. If you are good with a computer and can act professionally, then a secretary job can be a great job.
- Starbucks worker. Starbucks has great benefits from what I've heard. Thy tasty drinks are another positive 🙂
- Ice cream worker. During the warmer months, there are probably at least a few ice cream shops near you open.
- Restaurant host. All restaurants have hosted!
- Dishwasher. Those dishes need to be cleaned of course.
- Cook. Food needs to be cooked! There's a theme going with the last few of course 🙂
- Internship. Find a quality internship in your field. It might pay well (some don't pay at all though) and it will most likely look great on your resume.
- Babysit/nanny. Nannies and babysitters can make a good amount inside income. You might be on call, have a set schedule, or you may work full-time and actually live with the family that you nanny for.
- Daycare worker. I know many people who would at a daycare. If you love kids, then this would be great!
- Mystery shopper. This isn't a reliable way to make money, but it is a way to get some free items.
- Movie theater. So you like to catch the first 15 minutes and last 15 minutes of every movie? Work at a movie theater 😛
- Theme park. I'm sure you have a theme park such as Six Flags near your home. Theme parks hire thousands of workers every year and there are all sorts of positions open!
- Bartend. Have you worked as a restaurant server for some time? Have you ever wanted to switch to bartending?
- Take care of lawns. Starting your own lawn business can be a way to make extra money on the side. And, in the winter you could possibly switch to snow removal.
- Bank teller. This can be a way to make some extra money, and it usually looks good on a resume.
- Give lessons. Are you awesome at an instrument? What about dancing? Maybe you are a great swimmer?
- Become a coach. Coaches can sometimes make a decent amount of money on the side.
Did you work while in college? Why or why not?
Like this post? Pin it!
Get exclusive access to the free resources!
Join 5,000 others to get access to 20+ free printables related to budgeting, traveling, and meal planning with new prints updated weekly.