One of the best ways to lower your monthly spending is by reducing grocery costs. It’s so easy to overspend on food when you have no plan. Saving just an extra $100 on food can be $1,200 year in annual savings. I save money on groceries by using meal planning & Walmart Grocery Pickup.
After using Walmart Grocery Pickup for the first time I’m absolutely in love with the convenience and ease of the free service, which is why I had to write today’s post!
Here are my top tips for saving money & time with Walmart Grocery Pickup. Let’s get started!
PS. Use the money-saving meal plan template here to plan out your meals. When you plan ahead of time, you save money because you have a plan to stick to! When you wing it, you go to fast-food restaurants more and spend more money on food.
What is Walmart Grocery Pickup?
Walmart Grocery Pickup is exactly what it sounds like – you can shop and order everything you need either through the Walmart Grocery app or online. You schedule when you want to set up your grocery pickup.
At the time you scheduled, you’ll check in with the Walmart app and let them know you’re on your way. Park in a specific Walmart Grocery Pickup parking spot and your order will come out to you.
Here’s exactly how you save money with Walmart Grocery Pickup
- Are you bad at picking fresh produce? Their grocery experts know exactly which to pick from for maximum freshness. If you aren’t satisfied with the freshness, you can get a refund.
- I needed 1 substitution because they didn’t have the item I ordered, so they gave me an even better item for the same price as the original item I ordered.
- You save money on groceries because you don’t even get the chance to impulse spend since you’re not in the store.
- Once you fall in love with Walmart Grocery Pickup (which you will), you can start referring friends and family. Just get 5 friends to try out Walmart Grocery Pickup and you’ll get $50 toward groceries.
Here’s exactly how to get $10 off your first Walmart Grocery Pickup purchase
- Click here and get $10 your first Walmart Grocery Pickup.
- Order groceries online.
- Schedule your pickup.
- No fees, no tips accepted, no subscription model. It is free to use Walmart Grocery Pickup.
If you’re new to Walmart Grocery Pickup, you get $10 off your first purchase here. That means you can get $50 worth of groceries for only $40.
How to save even more money on Walmart Grocery Pickup
Before I start my Walmart Grocery Pickup shopping, I check Ibotta to see what the special cash back deals they have on groceries. Ibotta is a free app that has thousands of cash back deals to your favorite stores. I use the Ibotta app for Walmart, Target, and Amazon.
Whether you eat junk food or really healthy, Ibotta has a wide variety of options to get cash back on food in frozen, vegetables, fruits, dairy, meat, grains, snacks, etc. There are always great deals and it’s worth checking on before shopping.
This is how Ibotta works:
- Download Ibotta
- Add offers that you want to buy
- Go shopping and buy offers you added
- Redeem your offers by taking a photo of your receipt
- Get cash back
Download Ibotta here or use my referral code lwyxxrb to get $10 in your account for signing up through my referral code.
How to earn extra money by referring friends to Walmart Grocery Pickup
Soon you’re going to learn that Walmart Grocery Pickup is amazing!
You can earn money toward your future Walmart grocery pick up purchases by referring your friends and family through your referral link that you can get in your Walmart account. They get $10 just for using your referral link and you get $10, too! Refer just 5 friends and you get $50.
If you don’t use plastic bags like me, no problem. All you have to do is write in the notes at checkout that you’re bringing your own bags and do not bag anything. They bring the food out in the kart and you can bag everything yourself.
Remember, you can use my referral link to get $10 off your first purchase. If you don’t like grocery shopping or if you’re short on time, you no longer have to do it. Such a convenience and a great way to save money.
Do you use Walmart Grocery Pickup?
Did you find this post helpful? Save it for later!