Today's post is about a popular YouTuber named High Carb Hannah, who has lost over 70 pounds with a whole foods plant-based diet.
She has over 400,000 YouTube subscribers and over 175,00 Instagram followers who follow her for inspiration and motivation to live a healthier lifestyle.
Hannah has been featured in Women's Health Magazine, Huffington Post, and Daily Mail UK.
She is widely known for her popular book, the Lean and Clean Ultimate Weight Loss Guide where she shares all of her weight loss tips, recipes, and advice that has lead her to lose over 70 pounds.
In this interview, you'll learn:
- Why Hannah transitioned to a plant-based diet
- How much weight she lost and how she did it
- Hannah's kitchen staples
- What advice she'd give to a newbie to the vegan lifestyle
- What she thinks about carbs
I have been following you for years, but some of my readers might not know who you are. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I live in southern Arizona with my husband Derek. We have 2 dogs and 3 cats and I run a YouTube channel called High Carb Hannah where I teach people how to succeed on a whole foods plant-based diet.
How much weight did you lose and how did you do it?
I lost over 70lbs eating a whole foods plant-based diet.
When you lost 70+ pounds, were you working out as well?
I was walking every day and I would sporadically do other workouts like biking, hiking or go to the gym. I didn’t have a set schedule or anything I just did whatever was fun to me and walked about 10k steps a day.
What inspired you to transition to a vegan diet?
At my old job, I went into over 200 businesses every year and helped them keep their employees safe through training.
One of my customers in 2014 was John Morell which is one of the largest pork slaughterhouses in the country. They kill 1 pig every 3 seconds. When I left there that day I saw about 12 semi trucks waiting outside full of pigs screaming and it shook me to the core.
I drove away and decided I would never eat meat again. I started researching when I got home. That led me to see Earthlings, Forks over Knives and a few weeks later I started my YouTube channel and never looked back.
What is your go-to vegan recipe?
Oh man, that one is hard! Probably bean tacos, they are my fav and only take a few minutes to make.
What are foods you always have stocked in your kitchen?
Beans, rice, potatoes, corn, fruit, sourdough bread, and tons of vegetables.
What would you say to someone who is thinking about transitioning to a vegan diet?
Make sure you do your research and educate yourself.
It's one thing to want to lose weight but most people that go on a diet for that reason won’t stick to it. Do this for your health and for the 6 million animals that are slaughtered every single day.
Last but not least, you eat carbs. A lot of them. What would you say to someone who is afraid of carbs?
The thing I always tell people is to read The Starch Solution by Dr. Mcdougall. We are meant to eat carbs, our bodies literally run off of sugar.
It is not the carbs making us fat, it is all the cheese, sour cream, meat and butter we put on top of it.
Hannah shares all of her research, secrets, and tips that helped her lose over 70 pounds in her book, Lean and Clean, The Ultimate Weight Loss Guide.
Here is everything that's included in the Ultimate Weight Loss Guide:
- 50+ plant-based recipes that are quick, simple and easy to make.
- A 14-day meal plan with a complete shopping guide to take the guesswork out of what to eat and when.
- A simple exercise plan that even busy people can follow.
- One beautiful color photo for each and every meal, so you can actually see what you're making before you make it.
- An entire section dedicated to getting yourself in the right mindset to get to your goals, most of us know what we need to do but we lack the motivation to do it.
- The Lean & Clean guide to eating out at restaurants and dealing with the social aspects of eating plant-based.
- Natural beauty tips and a list of recommended brands that I personally use.
- A ton of information about plant-based weight loss, digestion, bloating, sleep, calcium, protein, acne, setting realistic goals, a food pyramid… plus more!
- A link to my Lean & Clean Facebook group for ongoing support.
- A PDF eBook that can be instantly downloaded to your iPhone, iPad, Android or computer after purchasing. Re-usable anytime you need it!
Hannah has also been nice enough to give a discount code to my readers.
You can use fitnancials to get 10% off your purchase. She also gives a 30-day money back guarantee in case you don't feel satisfied.
My Vegan Story
For those of you that don't know, I've been eating a vegan diet since December of 2015.
I know everyone has opposing viewpoints when it comes to veganism, but for me, personally, I did it because it felt right for me. I cut out meat and dairy cold turkey (no pun intended – haha) and I had sort of a “spiritual awakening” (you can laugh, I would, too).
My entire life, I lived a lifestyle that said dogs, cats, and horses cannot be eaten or abused in any way, but every other animal can?
It was hypocritical of me, and I felt ashamed of myself for a while.
Now, I feel happier and “lighter” than ever. Dairy did not agree with me, my body, and especially my skin.
A lot of people like to say the following things to me:
“But bugs die on the vegetables you eat.”
“You could buy from a local, “humane” farmer.”
To me, veganism is about eliminating my potential harm to the world.
I'm not perfect and don't claim to me. However, I do actively try to make good decisions that align with my ethics as a human being that does not want to harm others.
If a few bugs die because I choose to eat vegetables over actual meat, then that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. If I can thrive without animal products, then I don't need to buy from any type of farmer.
If you are interested in trying out a plant-based lifestyle or want to eliminate your meat consumption for the environment, I highly recommend Hannah's Ultimate Weight Loss Plan. Yes, it's called a weight loss plan, but it's SO much more than that.
This book transformed my way of thinking. She helped me develop a healthy mindset towards my body, food, and life. I learned how to set realistic goals, how to get rid of bloating, and how to love myself and not look at food as the enemy.
If you struggle with eating, weight gain and can't seem to lose weight, this book will do wonders for you. And if for some reason it doesn't, get a refund. It doesn't hurt to try.
* Before I end this post, I'm going to ask you all to please respect my way of living and the words I shared today. The internet has proven to be a vile place, and one of my favorite things about blogging is sharing my life with you all.
Do you live a plant-based lifestyle?
Like this post? Pin it!
How To Start A Profitable Blog - FREE Email Course
Over the next 7 days, I'll teach you everything you need to know, including how to create your own blog from scratch, essential blogging tools, how to monetize your blog, grow a loyal audience, and more. Join now!