A successful side hustler has certain traits that make them stand out from others. For example, a side hustler is often resourceful and even willing to try new things and think outside the box.
Side hustles are amazing and I’m a firm believer that everyone should have a side hustle because of its many benefits.
In today’s post, you’ll learn:
- 12 traits of successful side hustlers
- How to become a better side hustler
- Benefits of side hustles
- Side hustles you can start today
- Free resources for starting side hustles
Before we get started, make sure to sign up for my free resource library and get tons of free printables to help change your financial life.
Let’s get started!
12 traits of successful side hustlers
Below are examples of traits that make a side hustler even greater. However, it’s not common for everyone to have all of these traits. These traits are simply an example of what to strive for if you want to make more money with your side hustle.
Benefits of side hustles
- Diversify your income streams
- Always have a backup in case you lose a job
- Make more money and achieve financial goals
- Increase your skillset
- Meet new people and network for more opportunities
How to become a better side hustler
Many people get stuck in a place where they want a side hustle, but they don’t know which side hustle to choose. This causes a lot of people to never even start a side hustle.
Save yourself time by choosing a side hustle today. What are your interests? How much time do you have? How much money do you want to make? These are great questions that will help you decide which side hustle to choose. Just because you choose a side hustle doesn’t mean it’s forever. You can always change your side hustle and start something new.
For example, if you want to become a printable maker and sell printables on Etsy, you can start today by getting a free guide that tells you what printables to make to earn the most money with this side hustle.
Create a goal
Once you have a side hustle, creating a goal is key. This is because a goal will keep your mind focused on completing a task. Maybe your goal is making $500 with your reselling business by month 3 of starting your side hustle.
Keep your goal in sight every day so that you’re always reminded of what you’re working toward.
Meeting new people is one of the greatest ways to further your side hustle. Find people in your side hustle in Facebook groups, conferences, and meetups. These people can share tips and advice that can help you get further in your side hustle and earn more money.
Establish a routine
Our lives are already so busy, adding a side hustle on top of things can make it even crazier. Establishing a routine makes it easier for your mind and body to get into the flow of things. Once you have a routine down, working on your side hustle will be even easier.
For example, if you work a full-time and want to side hustle as a proofreader, you could work from 5AM-7AM on your side hustle, and work your full-time job from 8AM-4pm. Or you could only side hustle on the weekends.
Choose a side hustle you enjoy
One of the best things you can do for yourself and your success is choosing a side hustle you enjoy. This makes it easier to stay motivated and inspired to work on your side hustle, therefore increasing the money you make on your side hustle.
Side hustles you can start today
- Creating an Etsy shop and selling printables
- Run a dog treat business from your home kitchen and earn up to $5,000+/month
- Becoming a Pinterest Virtual Assistant and helping businesses succeed on Pinterest
- Working as a Facebook Ad Manager and creating high-performing ads for small businesses in your city
- Work from home as an online English teacher to children in China
- Starting a blog that helps people around the world
- Run an Amazon FBA from home
- Become a freelance proofreader
- Flip items for profit as a flea market flipper
- Help a business by working as a Virtual Assistant
- Become a Freelance Writer and write for large publications
- Becoming a remote bookkeeper who helps small businesses
Resources for a successful side hustle
- Increase skills when you’re working out by listening to podcasts about side hustles
- Create a side hustle schedule and pick out times you will work on your side hustle
- Use a planner to stay organized or take advantage of your phone’s free calendar app
- Read the blog post: 30 Best Productivity And Time Management Hacks
- Set goals. Use a goal setting planner to hit your goals and maximize results
- Networking and meet new people at conferences, conventions, or side hustle groups on Facebook
- Read my top recommended books on boosting productivity and time management
If you don’t have all the traits listed, don’t be hard on yourself. This list is simply a way to find out what you can work on to make more money in your side hustle.
Do you have a side hustle?
- 10 Practical Tips For Balancing A Side Hustle And Full-Time Job
- How I Make $10,000 A Month With These Side Hustles
- 10 Side Hustles For People With Less Than 5 Hours A Week
Don’t forget to sign up for the free resource library and get exclusive access to free printables & planners related to saving and making money, meal planning, and more!
Like this post? Share it!
Free Printable Resource Library
Join 10,000 others to get access to 20+ free printables related to achieving financial freedom, starting a side hustle, and other fun goodies!