Though this list may seem extensive, you don't have to do all of these things at once, and I show you that in my free blogging ebook here.
You're going to read this post and probably feel overwhelmed, which is why I recommend Blog With A Full-Time Job.
Here is a list of 101+ things I do as a full-time blogger.
1. Come up with article ideas through research on Pinterest or Google. Figure out what people are searching on these search engines. What does my audience want to read?
2. Create an eye-catching title.
3. Create a breakdown of the key points I want to cover in the article.
4. Start working on the article with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) in mind. Find my keyword and make sure to put my keyword into appropriate places within the article.
5. Insert affiliate links throughout post when appropriate.
6. Proofread the entire article and make sure there are no spelling or grammatical errors to the best of my ability.
7. Once the article is completed, make sure the article is easy to read by breaking up paragraphs. This may mean I am bolding or italicizing words or putting sentences into quotes.
8. Schedule post for the usual day I publish posts, which is either Monday, Wednesday, or Friday at 3AM.
9. Create categories and tags within the post that match the topic of the article.
10. Create social media images for both Facebook, Pinterest, etc. I create these images using PicMonkey.
11. Insert images into Social Warfare plugin and make sure each image has their own description that is fitting to the search engine it is being sent to.
12. Schedule email with a preview of new post once per week to my email list.
13. Share my new posts everywhere. This includes my Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Tailwind, Flipboard, Google+, and my private FITnancials community group. Create a conversation about this post with my followers.
14. Share my post with Tailwind Tribes and share others posts from the same tribes.
15. Update my SmartLoop schedule on Tailwind and make sure new popular posts are being thrown into the loop. Delete pins that are not doing well and schedule new pins instead.
16. Regularly change Pinterest descriptions for pins that are getting repinned via Tailwind to make sure new descriptions are being sent out on Pinterest.
17. Share content from others on Pinterest that will match with my audience. Between 3-5 per day of other content.
18. Continually create new pins for content. Different pin styles attract different people. Not everyone likes the same pin style.
19. Engage with others on Twitter. I make sure to share other content from Twitter that my audience will be interested in, but I also mainly use Twitter for networking.
20. Create a discussion on my Facebook page and FITnancials community group. I'll ask questions related to money or entrepreneurship to engage my audience and get to know them better. This also helps with reach on my Facebook page.
21. Comment back to people that comment on my blog with genuine comments. Delete comments from people obviously trying to attempt to get backlinks.
22. Work with my blog designer to always improve my blog design. This can be improving the home page, email opt-ins, etc.
23. Take professional photos for my blog and Instagram page.
24. Create digital products that my readers will be interested in.
25. Working on my first blogging course which will be on sponsored posting. (launched!)
Learn everything there is to know about sponsored posts with my course Making Sense of Sponsored Posts.
Sponsored posts helped me become a full-time blogger and is my favorite way to make money blogging!
You also get access to a private mastermind group where you can ask any blogging questions and get help from me and other successful bloggers.
26. Create lead magnets for my sponsored post course.
27. Go through Six Figure Blogger to learn how to create products to get them to sell.
28. Comment on other blogs with genuine comments. I don't do this for backlinks/SEO (that doesn't even work). I comment to build relationships with other bloggers.
29. Attend blogging conferences for networking and continuing education in the blogging world. (Wooo Fincon!).
30. Create printables for my email list that match my niche. I create these printables with Canva, Powerpoint, and also have my web designers create these for me from time to time.
31. Learn about my avatar and what she/he wants.
32. Create surveys with SurveyMonkey that ask my readers questions on my blog and what they want to see more of, as well as what they want to see less of.
33. Go through Pinterest Traffic Avalanche and continuously improve my Pinterest methods to increase traffic.
34. Go through Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing to improve my affiliate marketing strategy.
35. Continually add new printables to my free resource library.
Below is an example of my email opt-in freebie for my free resource library. This opt-in was created with Convertkit.
36. Work on creating new free blogging courses and updating them to PDF's so people can choose from email style or PDF for a freebie.
37. Reply to the thousands of emails that I get from people.
38. Reach out to brands for sponsored partnerships.
39. Reach out to brands for affiliate partnerships.
40. Keep a solid relationship with my affiliate managers to maintain the relationship if I ever have any questions or need help on improving my strategy.
41. Regularly update my media kit that is sent out to brands.
42. Regularly update my recommendations page.
43. Update old posts with new related information. Insert affiliate links to old posts when appropriate.
44. Reply to my subscribers when they send me emails with questions or comments.
45. Create round-up posts of my favorite recipes or articles.
46. Do research on posts to learn more about a subject so I can write with confidence.
47. Design my email opt-ins with Convertkit.
48. Try new products brands send me to see if I believe in the product.
49. Create images for my sidebar and other sections of my blog.
50. Regularly update my “Resources I Love” at the end of all posts.
51. Regularly check Google and Pinterest Analytics to see what posts are performing well. Create more ideas off the most popular posts.
52. Update and move old content to the top of my blog with new links, images, and content to stay relevant.
53. Check in on Mediavine to make sure my ad settings are working well. Change settings if I feel like I have too many ads in certain posts.
54. Pay quarterly taxes and keep track of earnings.
55. Form an LLC in my state.
56. Insert related content of my own and others into my posts.
57. Regularly check that my site is running properly.
58. Connect with people I know for guest posts.
59. Download images from Ivory Mix and use them for my pins and images on my blog.
60. Put emails into appropiate tags so I remember that either need to followup or receive payment from a brand.
61. Stop promoting affiliates that do not convert well. Take these links out of posts.
62. Learn how Facebook Ads work with Monica Louie's Facebook course.
63. Regularly go through Elite Blog Academy.
64. Learn about the various side hustles in the world and write about them.
65. Regularly write content on ways I've saved in a specific country I've traveled to.
66. Make sure my site is compliant with all laws.
67. Continually work on improving myself and work ethic with Design Your Dream Life Academy by Natalie Bacon.
68. Keep track of blogging expenses.
69. Delete mean comments and never think about them again.
70. Answer interviews from other blogs.
71. Create engaging posts on Instagram and insert related hashtags.
72. Work on the second blog and think about if it's even possible to maintain 2 blogs.
73. Create a time blocking schedule of all my tasks for the day with Google Calendar.
74. Create new paid product ideas for my blog and the lead magnets that go along with them.
75. Create sequences for lead magnets (via what I learned through Six Figure Blogger) to get the reader to see my paid product.
76. Insert Convertkit opt-ins manually throughout appropriate posts.
77. Listening to podcasts during my run at the gym. These are usually related to blogging, entrepreneur life, and marketing.
78. Schedule posts for Facebook using the Facebook scheduler. Share 2 of my posts and 2 posts of others each day. Write an engaging question in the post (sometimes).
79. Schedule posts for Pinterest via Tailwind with Smartloop.
80. Schedule posts via Hootsuite for Twitter.
81. Participate in a Twitter Party.
82. Share content related to working on LinkedIn. Respond to brands writing to me via Linkedin.
83. Order business cards.
84. Plan trips for blogging conferences. Purchase flights, hotels, etc. Plan out special events I am invited to.
85. Create giveaways for my blog readers.
86. Think of ways I can serve my audience better.
87. Send invoices to brands that need to pay me. Usually with Paypal.
88. Learn how to improve myself and my business in the blogging world with blogging articles I find online.
89. Check that links work and open to a new tab.
90. Create new affiliate links via Pretty Link plugin and make sure they are nofollowed and open to a new tab.
91. Make sure affiliate companies are paying me each month. Also making sure they are paying me the correct amount.
93. Analyze MaxBounty analytics and see what affiliates are and aren't performing well. Reach out to the affiliate manager to see how I can improve.
94. Use Grammarly and do my best at proofreading posts.
96. Listen to blogging and marketing podcasts.
97. Insert a pin into the bottom of each post and ask readers to share it
98. Share videos and images on my Facebook page that catch reader's attention to engage on the page.
99. Constantly try to educate on SEO and try not to get overwhelmed by it all.
100. Read studies on blog income reports to see what is working for the top bloggers in the field.
101. Make freebies for affiliate products to promote reader sign up.
102. Create quizzes with Interact to promote email sign-ups.
103. Create an affiliate program for a product I am selling and reach out to bloggers who may be interested in promoting the product.
104. Make sure I am compliant with new GDPR laws.
105. Create a freebie page on the home page with a blog designer.
106. Create landing pages for freebies or paid products with Leadpages.
107. Deduct blogging expenses off taxes at end of the year.
Tips To Become A Full-Time Blogger:
1) Choose a niche that already makes money (personal finance, health and fitness, travel, etc.) and subniche from there. This means go even deeper into a niche. Ex. Niche: Personal finance > Subniche: Personal finance for college students or personal finance for moms.
2) Take a comprehensive blogging course. My #1 recommendation for new bloggers who want to build a profitable blog is Blog With A Full-Time Job.
Blog With A Full-Time Job consists of:
- A specific plan for launching, growing and monetizing your blog while working full-time
- The exact strategy to grow and monetize your blog to a six-figure blog
- Learn how to manage your mind, productivity, time management (all VERY important for working at home and running a successful business)
- How to set up a beautiful looking blog that is completely customizable
- How to write blog posts specifically for monetizing
- Sooo much more + tons of bonuses, templates, worksheets, etc.
If you've never taken a blogging course and aren't sure which one to choose, Blog With A Full-Time Job is IT.
3) Learn and absorb as much information about blogging as possible. Pinterest is a gold mine for this. Type in “blogging tips” in Pinterest's search bar and hundreds of helpful articles will come up. You can check all of my popular blogging articles here.
4) Figure out what outlet you want to use for blogging. Do you want to have your own blog? Or do you want to create a YouTube channel? Find out where your audience is and go from there. If you don't know yet, don't sweat it. You'll learn as you go.
5) Create a blog with this easy tutorial.
Blogging Tools mentioned in this post
MaxBounty is an affiliate network that connects bloggers with an affiliate program that will help make their blog profitable.
Design Your Dream Life: Do you have a hard time with productivity, time management, goal setting, and other healthy habits? Natalie Bacon's Design Your Dream Life Academy has been life-changing for me. If you're a personal development fanatic like me, you NEED to go through this amazing course. My mindset has gone through a total transformation because of Design Your Dream Life, and it's boosting my business income, relationships, and happiness overall. 🙂
Pinterest Traffic Avalanche: Are you not seeing much traffic going to your blog? If so, check out Pinterest Traffic Avalanche, a comprehensive course that will help you reach your page views goals. The creators of the course get millions of page views and share all of their secrets in this course.
Six Figure Blogger: Are you a blogger or need help launching your product online? Six Figure Blogger is a comprehensive course that will teach you how to start from idea creation to launching your product and making the most money possible. Seriously one of my favorite courses!
Hootsuite – I use Hootsuite scheduler for Twitter.
Tailwind – I use Tailwind for scheduling Pinterest pins as well as sharing others pins from Tailwind Tribes.
Convertkit: Your email list is powerful and allows you to engage with your audience in a more intimate setting.
You also have 100% power over your email list, unlike Pinterest and Facebook which can reduce your traffic at any moment.
I’ve been using Convertkit for years and they even offer a free trial here.
Canva: I use Canva to create infographics and related photos for Pinterest.
Ivory Mix: Are you a blogger and in need of GOOD stock photos? Ivory Mix has been my go-to for beautiful stock photos for years.
PicMonkey: I use PicMonkey to create social media images.
Grammarly: I use Grammarly to make sure my content is free of grammar and spelling errors.
Helpful Blogging Articles
- 7 Real Ways To Make Money Blogging
- I Almost Sold My Blog For $15,000 And Now I Make That In A Month
- 9 Reasons You Aren't Making Money From Your Blog
- 13 Mistakes New Bloggers Make On Their Blog
Before you go
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Did anything on this list surprise you?
Like this post? Pin it!