*Qkids is currently not hiring, so I recommend applying to Gogokid, which pays $14-$25 per hour with a limited time bonus of $300 to new teachers.
Are you ready to start a job with flexible hours and a great support team that lets you work anywhere in the world?
If so, you'll love to hear about this opportunity working as an English Teacher with Qkids.
You may have heard of many English teaching opportunities online, but Qkids is different.
No lesson planning is needed on your behalf due to preset curricula already being prepared for you.
Plus, the requirements are more lenient than other companies hiring English Teachers.
If you dream to work at home and have a passion for helping teach young learners English, you'll love this job!
Qkids Quick Facts
- Over 100,000 Chinese students with Qkids
- Patented and effective game-based curriculum with fun, dynamic, and engaging narrative gaming adventures
As a Qkids online English Teacher, you will
- Teach English to young learners between 5-12 years of age through the online platform
- Classrooms up to 4 students
- Coordination Team handles scheduling and student assignment
- A lesson is 30 minutes
- 19 hours available weekly for teachers
- Training and support provided
- Rate: $16-20 USD/hr (2 lessons)
- Attendance and performance bonuses
Requirements to become a Qkids Teacher
- Eligible to legally work in the U.S. or Canada
- Earned a bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a university program (juniors and seniors in college only)
- The minimum time commitment is 6 hours weekly
- Prior teaching experience or equivalent in education, tutoring, mentoring, homeschooling preferred
- English teaching certificates (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, ESL) preferred
- Technical requirements: a computer with stable internet connection and clear audio/video capacity
Teaching English online provides a flexible schedule for people who are looking to work for themselves. Not only that, you can work ANYWHERE in the world, which allows you to travel more and live on your terms.
Qkids is also the perfect opportunity for people who want an extra side hustle to pay off student loans, a mortgage, or a car loan.
I plan on becoming an online English Teacher once I have some more free time (I currently have 4 side hustles!) so if you have any tips for becoming an English Teacher, share below!
Related articles to read:
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Are you interested in teaching English online?
Like this post? Share it!
Get exclusive access to the free resources!
Join 5,000 others to get access to 20+ free printables related to budgeting, traveling, and meal planning with new prints updated weekly.