With over 1,800 stores in the U.S. and almost 350,000 employees, it's safe to say that Target knows what they're doing to keep customers coming back.
Also, did you know you can get 5% off at Starbucks locations inside Target just by using your Target Redcard?
Here are several helpful tips to save money at Target.
1. Use cashback apps that actually work
I don't like clipping out coupons, and never have, which is why I love using Ibotta and Ebates.
1. For Ibotta, all you have to do is redeem which items you want to discount in the store, take a photo of your receipt through the app, and that's it! Ibotta is better (in my opinion) for when you're shopping in person and getting actual receipts, although I have used it for shopping online and getting cash back. You get $10 in your account when you sign up here.
2. For Ebates, all you have to do is go on their website, find the store you want to shop at online, and then they'll tell you how much cash back you'll get at that store. The money will be rewarded to your account and can be paid to you by check, Paypal, or donated to a charity of your choice. You get $10 in your account when you sign up here.
To give you an example, Ebates is currently offering 9% cash back to people who purchase through Ebates.
You may be asking how these cash back services make money.
They're basically an affiliate, which means they get a portion of what you purchase at NO cost to you, and you get the other half. Simple and easy.
I always tell people it's silly not to use Ibotta or Ebates, especially if you shop, which I'm going to go ahead and guarantee that all of you do.
2. Use Honey to find the best coupon/discount in one click
Honey is a free website extension that I've recently come to fall in love with!
Here are just a few of the reasons why you need to add Honey to your browser:
- Find the lowest prices of the product on Amazon with one click
- Browse price history to see if the product has increased or decreased
- No longer search for coupons – one click will give you the best coupon possible
- Works on all major browsers
- Works on thousands of sites
3. Clearance Codes
There's a little secret to Target's clearance codes that most people don't know about.
Target's coupon codes (obviously) start with tiny discounts and work their way to up to 90% off during the holidays.
Throughout the week, different things will be marked down, creating an even larger discount on items.
Monday: Electronics, office supplies, baby products
Tuesday: Women's clothing, home decor
Wednesday: Health, food, men's clothing
Thursday: Sports & fitness items, travel products
Friday: Makeup, home decor, jewelry
There seem to be no markdowns during the weekend, which I'm assuming is because the most people come to Target on the weekends with more time to spare and more time to splurge a bit after payday.
Tip: Are you overwhelmed by finances? Are you sick of managing 6 six money apps? Cinch takes care of everything all in one place. Cinch monitors your credit score, if you have missed payments or unauthorized use, to how much insurance you need, and a lot more.
4. Stacking Coupons
Target is one of the many stores that let people stack coupons.
So, if you find a coupon in your weekly ad in the mail, a manufacturer's coupon, or a coupon from another website or paper, you can use it all at the same time.
5. Holiday Clearance
Markdowns generally occur throughout Monday to Friday. For regular items, savings are usually up to 50%.
For holiday clearance items, markdowns will be up to 90% off.
This is an excellent detailed guide on Target markdowns in case you're an avid Target shopper.
Are you looking for a free budget planner? Sign up for my free resource library below filled with tons of FREE printables!
6. 5% cash back when you shop
If you sign up for Target's credit card, you'll get an extra 5% cash back on all of your purchases when they are made either online or in store.
This card is incredible because there's no annual fee and cardholders get access to promotions and other exclusive extras.
On top of that, you get free shipping when purchasing items online, and 30 days extended returns.
Also, I just learned that cardholders can save 5% at Starbuck locations inside Target. Such a good deal if you don't want to ditch your latte habit.
7. Go with the end in mind
Anytime you enter any store, ESPECIALLY Target, you should write up a list of things you need.
Target has got it down when it comes to making people buy more than they actually need.
They have created an ambiance where people want to stay in the store and spend more (trust me!).
Tip: Trim helps you negotiate cable and internet bills, analyzes and gives you spending updates via text, and will find and cancel unwanted subscriptions for you. Trim users saved over $1,000,000 last month alone.
8. Creating a registry
When you create a registry with Target, you get the chance to get a 15% discount on items you did not receive from friends or family.
Along with that, you get the chance to get some bonus items depending on the purchases you made.
9. Purchase discounted gift cards
Purchasing discounted gift cards is a great way to save money at Target.
You can save up to 30% on gift cards, and also stack your savings by using Ebates to get 1% cash back when you buy these gift cards.
If you have gift cards you don't use; you can also sell them on Raise.
Tip: Cushion is an app that refunds bank and credit card fees. You can expect refunds on things like late fees, overdraft fees, monthly service fees, account maintenance fees, ATM fees, credit card interest charges, late fees, and more!
10. Price Match Guarantee
If you find an item you want at Target at another store for cheaper, Target will match the price of the qualifying item.
You can learn more about Target's match price guarantee here.
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Related articles to read:
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
How do you save money at Target?
Like this post? Pin it!