While I was growing this blog, I also worked as a Rover dog walker and pet sitter. I made extra money to help pay off business expenses and living expenses as well.
It was such a fun job, which is why I always recommend it to others looking to make extra money.
Before we get started, make sure to sign up for my free resource library and get access to exclusive printables all about saving money and building wealth, meal planning, and more.
What is Rover?
Rover allows you to use an app where you can book dog sittings for your furry friend as well as become a sitter yourself for dogs.
Sitters go through an in-depth interview and background check, so you can rest assured that your dog is in great hands.
How Rover works
- Search for a loving dog sitter near your home or hotel you are staying in.
- Book a meet and greet with the dog sitter to get acquainted and familiar with the sitter.
- Relax and be at peace knowing that your dog is very happy while you are busy!
Related articles: 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- Dog Boarding
- House Sitting
- Doggy Day Care
- Dog Walking
- More 1-1 care rather than putting your furry one in an actual doggy daycare.
- Save $$$
- Option to read from others references and reviews for the sitter you are interested in.
- Receive photos and updates from the dog sitter throughout the sitting experience.
- Sitters will have background experience with animals, some are in the process of becoming veterinarians, and others have a strong love for animals.
- 24/7 Emergency Customer Support
- Premium insurance for every Rover booking.
- If a sitter is unable to watch your dog, Rover will make sure you get another sitter. Guaranteed.
How do I become a sitter?
- Fill out an online application and complete a free background check.
- Find out if you qualify within a week.
- Get ready to make your schedule and have the opportunity to make over $1,000 per month!
*** All Rover bookings are backed with premium insurance and specific details on the premium insurance are listed on the Rover website.***
Click here to check out Rover for yourself. You get $20 in your account by using my link!
Updated: I have used Rover for dog walking on five different occasions and have had positive experiences with all pet owners!
If you are eager to get your pet out on walks or in need of doggy daycare, click the link above and you will receive a $20 Rover credit to pay for one of the many services provided for your furry friends!
Interested in another side hustle for dog lovers?
Did you know you can make $1,000+ a month part-time working at home with a dog treat business? You can even make $5,000-$8,000 from your home kitchen if you do it full-time. You can get your kids involved, work from home, create your own schedule, and make treats for dogs. I don’t think it gets better than that.
My friend Kristin runs a successful dog treat business from home and perfected the craft of selling dog treats. She even teaches others how to replicate her success in her course Diva Dog Bakery.
I know you have a ton of questions about this and want to learn more before signing up for a course. That’s why Kristin offers a completely FREE workshop to answer all of your questions. Have more questions that aren’t covered in the workshop? You can contact Kristin via email. Get her free workshop here and see if this side hustle is for you.
Don’t forget to sign up for the free resource library and get exclusive access to free printables & planners related to saving and making money, meal planning, and more!
Like this post? Please share it and spread the word!
Free Printable Resource Library
Join 10,000 others to get access to 20+ free printables related to achieving financial freedom, starting a side hustle, and other fun goodies!