This is a sponsored post by Panda Planner, but opinions are 100% my own.
Are you the type of person who believes that there aren't enough hours in the day to get work done?
Do you wish you were more productive and had more time throughout your day?
Join the club.
There's a huge difference between a productive person and a non-productive person.
Someone who is productive has worked to become that way. They've done the necessary things to stay efficient with their time.
On the other hand, someone who only writes a to-do list will experience plenty of productivity issues. There's a lot more to productivity than simply writing tasks down.
Below are 6 extremely helpful tips for maximizing productivity and getting tasks done.
1. Time Blocking
Time blocking is one of the most efficient ways to get things done in a timely manner. When someone simply lays out a long list of tasks to do each day without time blocking, it can easily become overwhelming and rarely all of the tasks get done on time.
However, when you time block, you are setting a specific amount of time for each activity. You only use that time for that task and move on to the next task when it's time to.
For example, every day from 9AM-10AM, I have 1 hour to do my virtual assistant tasks for a blog I help manage. During this time, I do not do anything else besides the virtual assistant tasks. This ensures that I spend my time focusing on one thing only.
If you've never time blocked before, your first week of time blocking may not match up to how much time you really need for certain tasks. As you continue to time block, you'll become better at time blocking and setting the right amount of time for tasks.
Related: How To Reach Your 2018 Goals
2. Productivity Planner
A productivity planner is such a simple yet effective way to get all of your tasks done on time. The Panda Planner uses a scientific approach to keep people productive and happy in life. What I love most about this planner is how customizable it is. So, instead of buying a planner that starts in January, you can use this planner at any time of the year since you have the ability to write in the month and days in the planner.
The planner also helps with prioritizing your tasks and keeps you accountable. On the first page of the planner, there is information that gives you access to 6 different ebooks as well as a video series to help you hit your goals. A couple of these include:
- How to Cure Procrastination
- A Billionaire's Top 5 Productivity Secrets
- Acess to a video mini-course that will 10x your productivity
3. Eat The Frog
If you have a daunting task on your to-do list, make sure to complete it first thing in the morning. This will give you peace of mind since you'll have the hardest task over for the day.
Procrastinating and waiting until the very end of the day to complete the hardest task on your to-do list is a bad idea for several reasons.
- You'll most likely be thinking about the task all day, leading you to veer off from the other tasks you're doing
- Motivation is usually lost throughout the day, meaning you'll keep procrastinating and wait until the very last minute to complete the project
In order to “Eat the frog” break down your large project into several tasks. Oftentimes people are dreading a task because it is so large and difficult to start.
4. Track your online time
If you work online, it can be incredibly easy to get off track. Social media is only a click away, making it almost too easy to check Facebook, Pinterest, and other websites that can be wasted on for hours. Rescuetime is an awesome app that will basically give you an audit of your day and tell you where you're spending your time. It may seem that you're putting 7 hours toward work, but after the audit, some may notice they've spent 2 hours on social media.
5. Turn off social media
If you end up realizing that you're wasting time on your computer on a social media website like Facebook, there is one thing you can do to completely block out the desire to check your newsfeed. Facebook Eradicator is a plugin that completely blocks out your newsfeed. Instead of seeing your newsfeed when you check your Facebook on a desktop, you'll see one motivating quote in place of the newsfeed.
I've been using this plugin for over 1 month now and it's been a gamechanger in my productivity habits. I no longer check Facebook and have also deleted the app from my phone.
6. Block out time for yourself
When it comes down to it, most people do not give themselves enough time to do things for themselves.
What do you enjoy doing most? It's crucial to stay active in hobbies that make you happy. This can help ensure that you do not experience burnout from work or unsatisfaction with your life.
Find a physical hobby that you genuinely enjoy. If you don't like lifting weights, try out rock climbing, hiking, or volunteer at a shelter and walk dogs. The time you block out for yourself needs to be used by doing something that makes you happy.
- Use canned responses when dealing with certain emails. For example, if someone is emailing me asking about rates for a service, I usually use a draft since I get so many of these emails.
- See how much time you're wasting on your phone with a free service like Moment. After noticing I was on Facebook a lot, I downloaded Moment on my phone and noticed I was spending way too many hours each day on my phone.
- Use a planner that is customizable and ditch your procrastination habits
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Related articles to read:
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
What do you do to stay productive throughout your day?
Get exclusive access to the free resources!
Join 5,000 others to get access to 20+ free printables related to budgeting, traveling, and meal planning with new prints updated weekly.