This is a sponsored post by Panda Planner, but opinions are 100% my own.
Are you the type of person who believes that there aren't enough hours in the day to get work done?
Do you wish you were more productive and had more time throughout your day?
There's a huge difference between a productive person and a non-productive person.Someone who is productive has worked to become that way. They've done the necessary things to stay efficient with their time.
Below are 6 extremely helpful tips for maximizing productivity and getting tasks done.
Take action now: Before we begin, join the Free Resource Library to get access to fun and helpful resources to achieve financial freedom or grow your online business. Included for free are downloads like the income thermometer (to push you to grow your income) or the monthly budget planner. 🙂
1. Time management AND PRODUCTIVITY
Creating good time management practices doesn't mean filling your day with more tasks, but instead limiting what you do to certain things to simplify your life.
Instead of working hard, you can work smarter.
Here are tips for better time management:
- time blocking
- creating a calendar ahead of time of your day, week, and month
- answer emails only once a day
- use social media only at night for a limited amount of time
Change your productivity habits today with the Ultimate Productivity Bundle.
For $49, you can get access to 46 eBooks, eCourses, and printables valued at $1,500 that help you create productive routines, deal with distractions, find the energy to be productive all day (and not burn out). There's so much value in this bundle – its definitely worth checking out!
If you're ready to supercharge your productivity, check out the Ultimate Productivity Bundle today. Shown below is everything included.
2. Productivity Planner
A productivity planner is such a simple yet effective way to get all of your tasks done on time.
The Panda Planner uses a scientific approach to keep people productive and happy in life.
What I love most about this planner is how customizable it is.
So, instead of buying a planner that starts in January, you can use this planner at any time of the year since you have the ability to write in the month and days in the planner.
The planner also helps with prioritizing your tasks and keeps you accountable.
On the first page of the planner, there is information that gives you access to 6 different ebooks as well as a video series to help you hit your goals.
A couple of these include:
- How to Cure Procrastination
- A Billionaire's Top 5 Productivity Secrets
- Acess to a video mini-course that will 10x your productivity
3. Eat The Frog
If you have a daunting task on your to-do list, make sure to complete it first thing in the morning.
This will give you peace of mind since you'll have the hardest task over for the day.
Procrastinating and waiting until the very end of the day to complete the hardest task on your to-do list is a bad idea for several reasons.
- You'll most likely be thinking about the task all day, leading you to veer off from the other tasks you're doing
- Motivation is usually lost throughout the day, meaning you'll keep procrastinating and wait until the very last minute to complete the project
In order to “Eat the frog” break down your large project into several tasks.
Oftentimes people are dreading a task because it is so large and difficult to start.
Save this for later! 🙂
4. Track your online time
If you work online, it can be incredibly easy to get off track.
Social media is only a click away, making it almost too easy to check Facebook, Pinterest, and other websites that can be wasted on for hours.
Rescuetime is an awesome app that will basically give you an audit of your day and tell you where you're spending your time.
It may seem that you're putting 7 hours toward work, but after the audit, some may notice they've spent 2 hours on social media.
5. Turn off social media
If you end up realizing that you're wasting time on your computer on a social media website like Facebook, there is one thing you can do to completely block out the desire to check your newsfeed.
Facebook Eradicator is a plugin that completely blocks out your newsfeed.
Instead of seeing your newsfeed when you check your Facebook on a desktop, you'll see one motivating quote in place of the newsfeed.
I've been using this plugin for over 1 month now and it's been a gamechanger in my productivity habits.
6. Block out time for yourself
When it comes down to it, most people do not give themselves enough time to do things for themselves.
What do you enjoy doing most?
It's crucial to stay active in hobbies that make you happy.
This can help ensure that you do not experience burnout from work or unsatisfaction with your life.
Find a physical hobby that you genuinely enjoy.
If you don't like lifting weights, try out rock climbing, hiking, or volunteer at a shelter and walk dogs.
The time you block out for yourself needs to be used by doing something that makes you happy.
- Use canned responses when dealing with certain emails. For example, if someone is emailing me asking about rates for a service, I usually use a draft since I get so many of these emails.
- See how much time you're wasting on your phone with a free service like Moment. After noticing I was on Facebook a lot, I downloaded Moment on my phone and noticed I was spending way too many hours each day on my phone.
- Use a planner that is customizable and ditch your procrastination habits
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Related articles to read:
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
What do you do to stay productive throughout your day?