I have big news as you can see from the title – I have officially made the leap and decided to start blogging full time.
As of October 28th 2016, I will officially call myself a Blogger.https://www.fitnancials.com/officially-a-full-time-blogger-tips-for-you/
I have been wanting to treat my blog as a full-time job for as long as I can remember.
With college, numerous jobs, and side hustles, I never had time to treat blogging as a REAL job.
I was basically treating it as a hobby, something to do in my free time when I wanted to vent or help others. Only until recently have I discovered how much potential my blog has and how much potential I have as a writer.
If you have a full-time job and also want to start a successful blog, you need to check out Blog With A Full-Time Job. It is THE course to take to get you started with a strong 12-month plan to create a profitable blog. Use code ALEXIS15OFF for 15% off!
The reality of blogging:
Many people think blogging is an easy way to obtain an income. This couldn't be more wrong. There are many bloggers out there who do not receive any money on their blog whatsoever.
I have been blogging for almost 4 years and am just now starting to make enough to survive without a full-time job, however, I do still plan on doing side hustles such as Rover and other dog walking gigs until I can totally rely on my blogging income.
Now that I get to work at home, that also means I get to travel whenever I please. I am already planning trips to Ireland, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, and more. I get to visit my nieces birthday, go to weddings without taking time off, and so much more.
The benefits of working remotely are endless. I cannot wait to share with you guys my journey and how easy it is to travel the world on a tight budget. Check out how I've seen 5 continents by age 23.
I am taking online courses right now and although I want to blog full-time as a career, I still want to earn a bachelor's degree.
I'm close to finishing up and once I do, I'll be able to use my TEFL certification in Europe, specifically Germany, (which is where J.D. and I would eventually like to end up one day).
I am also dabbling in the thought of getting a Vet Tech license, but that requires 2 years of additional schooling, so I'm leaving that up in the air for now.
I currently live in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend and 2 dogs. We absolutely LOVE it here and I have never felt more at home. I have amazing friends, a strong vegan community, tons of restaurants to choose from, and an endless number of free things to do in the city.
My dream is to one day own or work at an animal sanctuary. My love for animals has grown so strong the past year, and after seeing what farmed animals face every single day, I have decided to devote my life to spreading awareness and rescuing as many animals as I can.
Working from home also means I get to spend more time at the local animal shelter, which is a major YAY for me!
Tips and Advice
- Have money saved up before you transition over to relying on your blogging income
- Make sure you are making a somewhat consistent income before quitting your job
- Don't do it for the money because it will quickly become a job you dread going to every day
- Realize that this is a real job just like your office job, so you must treat it like one
- Build strong relationships with other bloggers
- Make sure you have solid content in your blog
- Get familiar with Pinterest, it's key to gathering traction on your blog
- Here is another guide on starting a blog
The one course I recommend buying before ANYTHING else
If you've never taken a blogging course and aren't sure which one to choose, Blog With A Full-Time Job is IT.
Do you want to build a successful blog but have a full-time job?
Do you want a profitable blog but aren't sure what steps to take?
If so, you must check out Blog With A Full-Time Job.
This is THE course to take if you want a step by step plan to build a profitable blog.
Here are just a few of the things you'll get:
- A specific plan for launching, growing and monetizing your blog while working full-time
- The exact strategy to grow and monetize your blog to a six-figure blog
- Learn how to manage your mind, productivity, time management (all VERY important for working at home and running a successful business)
- How to set up a beautiful looking blog that is completely customizable
- How to write blog posts specifically for monetizing
- Sooo much more + tons of bonuses, templates, worksheets, etc.
I owe a lot of thanks to my sister Michelle, who was the reason I started this blog in the first place. I also wanted to thank all of my friends, family, and readers from over the years that are still following my life and joining me on my adventures.
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Related articles to read:
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
Are you a full-time blogger? Do you aspire to be a blogger one day?
Like this post? Please share it and spread the word!