I have big news as you can see from the title – I have officially made the leap and decided to start blogging full time.
As of October 28th 2016, I will officially call myself a Blogger.
I have been wanting to treat my blog as a full-time job for as long as I can remember.
With college, numerous jobs, and side hustles, I never had time to treat blogging as a REAL job.
I was basically treating it as a hobby, something to do in my free time when I wanted to vent or help others. Only until recently have I discovered how much potential my blog has and how much potential I have as a writer.
Are you interested in starting a blog and becoming a full-time blogger? If so, check out my FREE 7-day course that will tell you everything you need to know, including how to create your own blog from scratch, essential blogging tools successful bloggers use, how to monetize your blog, grow a loyal audience, and so much more!
The reality of blogging:
Many people think blogging is an easy way to obtain an income. This couldn't be more wrong. There are many bloggers out there who do not receive any money on their blog whatsoever.
I have been blogging for almost 4 years and am just now starting to make enough to survive without a full-time job, however, I do still plan on doing side hustles such as Rover and other dog walking gigs until I can totally rely on my blogging income.
Now that I get to work at home, that also means I get to travel whenever I please. I am already planning trips to Ireland, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, and more. I get to visit my nieces birthday, go to weddings without taking time off, and so much more.
The benefits of working remotely are endless. I cannot wait to share with you guys my journey and how easy it is to travel the world on a tight budget. Check out how I've seen 5 continents by age 23.
I am taking online courses right now and although I want to blog full-time as a career, I still want to earn a bachelor's degree.
I'm close to finishing up and once I do, I'll be able to use my TEFL certification in Europe, specifically Germany, (which is where J.D. and I would eventually like to end up one day).
I am also dabbling in the thought of getting a Vet Tech license, but that requires 2 years of additional schooling, so I'm leaving that up in the air for now.
I currently live in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend and 2 dogs. We absolutely LOVE it here and I have never felt more at home. I have amazing friends, a strong vegan community, tons of restaurants to choose from, and an endless number of free things to do in the city.
My dream is to one day own or work at an animal sanctuary. My love for animals has grown so strong the past year, and after seeing what farmed animals face every single day, I have decided to devote my life to spreading awareness and rescuing as many animals as I can.
Working from home also means I get to spend more time at the local animal shelter, which is a major YAY for me!
Tips and Advice
- Have money saved up before you transition over to relying on your blogging income
- Make sure you are making a somewhat consistent income before quitting your job
- Don't do it for the money because it will quickly become a job you dread going to every day
- Realize that this is a real job just like your office job, so you must treat it like one
- Build strong relationships with other bloggers
- Make sure you have solid content in your blog
- Get familiar with Pinterest, it's key to gathering traction on your blog
- Here is another guide on starting a blog
Below are the courses I absolutely LOVE and would recommend to my friends!
1. The Blogging Blueprint is the one course I wish I had when I started blogging. The Blogging Blueprint lays out everything you need to know about blogging in detail, one step at a time. If you have dreams of becoming a full-time blogger, this is the course to take! You can even sign up for a FREE preview of the course. I can't say enough good things about this course!
2. Make Money Blogging is the perfect course for a beginner blogger who does not know how to make money from their blog. The course is incredibly in-depth and will teach you everything you need to know to make your first $1,000 from your blog. The creators of the blog made over 100k their first year blogging, so they know what they’re talkin’ about!
3. How I Went From 17k to 400k Monthly Page Views in 9 Months – This eBook includes 21+ strategies to use to dramatically increase your page views. If your page views have plateaued, decreased, or you're simply ready to take your blog to the next level, you need to read this eBook!
4. Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. You'll learn absolutely everything you need to know about affiliate marketing from a 7 figure blogger.
Find out how to become an affiliate legally without breaking any laws, strategies you must implement to make six figures, and soooo much more! The course also gives you access to a private Facebook group, which in my opinion, is worth the cost of the course alone.
5. Strategies Worth Sharing – In 70 pages, Brittany gives all the information to know to gain traffic on your Facebook page. She went from 2,000 fans to over 100,000 in 5 months (amazing!!).
Having a large following on Facebook can be tremendously beneficial to blogs, as it can send thousands of page views to your blog, which means a lot more money each month!
6. Pinterest Traffic Avalanche – Pinterest is an absolute MUST if you're a blogger. Pinterest Traffic Avalanche taught me strategies that actually work. My reach has been 2+ million for the past year and continues to grow.
You'll learn how to successfully drive 100,000+ monthly visitors to your blog, which means more readers which equals more money!
7. Six-Figure Blogger – Learn from the pros who started their blog only 2 years ago, and now make $50,000 PER MONTH from their blogs. If you're a blogger who is ready to create a product to sell on your blog, you need to take this course.
You'll learn strategies to sell thousands of products successfully. This is another course that I can't say enough good things about!
I owe a lot of thanks to my sister Michelle, who was the reason I started this blog in the first place. I also wanted to thank all of my friends, family, and readers from over the years that are still following my life and joining me on my adventures.
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Related articles to read:
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
Are you a full-time blogger? Do you aspire to be a blogger one day?
Like this post? Please share it and spread the word!
Get exclusive access to the free resources!
Join 5,000 others to get access to 20+ free printables related to budgeting, traveling, and meal planning with new prints updated weekly.