I have officially taken the leap and decided to start blogging full time.
Fitnancials started in 2013 as a hobby blog, where I blogged a couple of times a month without any intent to make money.
Now, this blog has grown into a thriving online business that reaches hundreds of thousands of people all around the world.
Blogging isn’t easy and it’s not for everyone. You work for free for a long time in the beginning when you’re building up your blog. If you decide blogging is for you and stick it out for the long haul, it’s seriously amazing. I get to work from home on a flexible schedule. My income is never capped like it would be at a teaching job (which originally was the field I was going in).
I can’t thank you all enough for being loyal readers, and I hope to continue to give you value and resources to grow your money, business, and health!
Before we get started, make sure to sign up for my free resource library and get access to exclusive printables all about saving money and building wealth, meal planning, and more.
Tips and Advice
1. Have money saved up before you transition over to relying on your blogging income.
2. Find a side hustle to pay for your business (blogging) expenses.
3. Make sure you are making a consistent income on your blog before quitting your job.
4. Don’t do it solely for the money because it will quickly become a job you dread going to every day.
5. Realize that this is a real job just like your office job, so you must treat it like one.
6. Build strong relationships with other bloggers.
7. Make sure you have high-quality content on your blog.
8. Get familiar with Pinterest and Google SEO; it’s key to gathering traction on your website.
9. Overdeliver and pack your content with value and the money will follow.
Start a blog today for just $2.95/month with my step-by-step tutorial here. It’s easy, painless, and takes less than 20 minutes to start a blog of your own. With my Bluehost discount, you get a discount from $7.99/month to $2.95/month.
Tips To Become A Blogger:
1) Learn and absorb as much information about blogging as possible. Pinterest is a gold mine for this. Type in “blogging tips” in Pinterest’s search bar and hundreds of helpful articles will come up. You can check all of my popular blogging articles here.
2) Figure out what outlet you want to use for blogging. Do you want to have your own blog? Or do you want to create a YouTube channel? Find out where your audience is and go from there. If you don’t know yet, don’t sweat it. You’ll learn as you go.
3) Create a blog with this easy tutorial.
4) Just get started. Most people wait too long or never start. I decided on a whim that I was going to take this blog and business seriously, so I did, and I’ve never looked back.
If you’re serious about starting an online business and blog, I recommend enrolling in a course. It’s essentially like going to college for blogging, but for a much cheaper price.
Whether you take a course or not is up to you. A lot of people try to avoid courses altogether at all costs (I understand, I used to be this way). I was trying to save as much money as possible until I realized running a business isn’t free. You buy 1 course where someone who’s running a profitable blog knows what they’re doing. You implement what you learn from the course. You work hard. You get results A LOT faster than someone who’s trying to wing it. If you’re taking blogging as a business seriously, save your time and learn from someone who knows what they’re doing.
Are you not sure where to start on creating a profitable blog? I recommend checking out this course roadmap to figure out where you should get started first!
I want to thank all of my friends, family, and readers from over the years that are still following my life and joining me on my adventures.
What to read next: How I Made $80,000 My Second Year Blogging Full-Time In College
Don’t forget to sign up for the free resource library and get exclusive access to free printables & planners related to saving and making money, meal planning, and more!
Are you a full-time blogger? Do you aspire to be a blogger one day?
Like this post? Please share it and spread the word!