You all loved my August income report, which is why I’ve decided to do a September income report. I’m not sure if I’m going to continue doing these, but for now, I’m enjoying sharing everything with you all. These income reports keep me accountable but also pressure me into thinking that I better increase my numbers next month or else I look like a failure. Haha.
September was a rough month for me, personally, and when I’m super stressed out or feeling down, I refrain from doing any kind of work. We’re having issues with our dogs, we’ve decided to move back to Colorado, and my college classes have been getting pretty damn hard. Regardless, I am working hard on being positive. There is a lot to be happy about and I’ve got to remember that.
- How I Made $5,042 in August From Blogging
- 6 Educational Tools That Helped Me Become A Full-Time Blogger
So what’s new?
My income for September decreased. I only spent around 15 hours a week on my blog because I fell into a little “depression” this month. Mental illness is real!
I’ve also realized it’s time to get serious about creating a digital product.
…which is why I’m already in the process of starting a product. Woo!! Super excited about this.
I also started a free Facebook group for readers of FITnancials. This group allows anyone to answer questions and get advice related to saving money, traveling, and healthy living! The group will help you stay motivated for whatever your goals are and I’ll also be sharing helpful content regularly.You can join the group here!
I’m also starting a free email course for people who want to start a blog. I get so many emails from people who are eager to start a blog, and I’m never sure what to tell them. Another “woo!!”.
Page views have also increased this month, to my highest yet! Woooooooo! So many woo’s this month!
How much time do you spend on your blog?
In September, I hit major blogger burnout. I’ve heard of bloggers getting “blogger burnout” several times in my blogging career, but have never experienced it. I ended up only working 15 or so hours a week in September.
However, I’m feeling really good about October. I’ve almost hit my total blog income for September in the first week of October, which makes me feel really good. However, I need to stop comparing myself. A part of me doesn’t think $5,000 a month is enough. I never thought I’d be making 60K a year, let alone at 24 years old. I think it’s natural to want more money, but I’m also not being thankful enough.
How to make money blogging:
There are many ways you can make money blogging. Some of these are:
- Sponsored posts
- Affiliate income
- Ad revenue
- Creating and selling your own products
How much money can you make from a blog?
The amount of money you make from blogging is up to you. A vast majority of bloggers out there make no money, while others are making millions every year.
How much did you make in September of 2017?
Sponsored posts: $1,989
Affiliate Income: $509
Virtual Assistant: $900
Ad Revenue: $510
Free Products: $110
Top Affiliate Companies:
- The Selling Family
- Pinecone Research
- Opinion Bureau
- Nielson Computer
- Raw Till Whenever
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing
- $5 Meal Plan
Bodyboss recently sent me their 12-week workout guide and a workout bra. I reached out to Bodyboss due to the popularity of their brand on Instagram and was eager to try out the program myself.
The fitness guide is completely different from the way I usually workout – either with a video or an app. The Bodyboss workout program comes in a binder-like book, so you get to go at your own pace. You can also take the workout anywhere, and you don’t need to rely on an internet connection if you’re at a park. (I get no service in my town, so having a physical copy of the program helps).
Courses I’m currently taking and recommend:
1. The Blogging Blueprint
The Blogging Blueprint is the one course I wish I had when I started blogging. If you haven’t started a blog yet, or you’re a beginner or not making money from your blog, this is the course to take. The course lays out everything you need to know about blogging in detail.
“The most important thing I’ve learned about blogging is that there is no magical technique that will grow your blog fast. There are, however, tried-and-true strategies that when implemented, will allow you to grow your blog the right way.” – Tiffany (the creator)
What’s included in the course:
- 7 modules, from how to create a blog, content creation, SEO, social media strategies, Pinterest tactics, blog growth, and earning money.
- Why you need to choose a niche and how to find yours
- How to write attention-grabbing content that goes viral
- How to get your content ranked in search engines like Google
- Practical strategies for growing your social media accounts
- How to use Pinterest to explode your blog’s traffic
- The best way to make strategic connections with bloggers
- Proven ways to make money with your blog
- Plus a lot more.
Also included are 8 helpful bonuses.
- Bonus #1: Access to Private Support Community
- Bonus #2: My Bestselling Premium WordPress Theme
- Bonus #3: Spreadsheet of 50+ Facebook Groups for Bloggers
- Bonus #4: Ultimate Guide of Free Blogging Resources
- Bonus #5: Weekly Planner Worksheet
- Bonus #6: Blog Income and Expenses Tracker
- Bonus #7: Pinterest “Save” Buttons
- Bonus #8: Media Kit Templates
This course is less than $200. Some of you may think that’s a lot, while others might think it’s priced too low once you go through the course. Coming from someone who has taken a lot of courses (especially “expensive” courses – close to $1,000), this course is inexpensive and should cost more.
2. Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing
Do you talk about products you love and use often? Great! I did the same, but I was making a huge mistake.
Any time I mentioned a product, I never linked the product. By linking the product, you’re making it easier for your reader to find the product, which helps them and you since you’ll be making a commission off of it.They’ll be able to try a product that will help them as well. That’s affiliate marketing. Easy, right?
Not so much.
There is so much to learn when it comes to affiliate marketing – which is why my sister created an entire course on it, called Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing.
In the first month of using affiliate marketing, I made over $400 by placing a few links on my blog. It took a few hours work to do and will lead to passive income for the years to come. Many bloggers shy away from affiliate marketing because they don’t want to come off as sales-y. You won’t ever come off as shady or sales-y as long as you’re talking about products you genuinely recommend and use.
What’s included in the course:
- 6 modules, 30+ lessons, best tips to succeed at affiliate marketing
- How my sister has received $300,000 from one single blog post
- Access to a private Facebook group, where you can ask questions, learn valuable information from others
- How to pick the right affiliate products to promote
- Required disclosures that need to be talked about
- Strategies to use in your marketing
- How to succeed on Pinterest
- PDF forms that will help you succeed
- How to never get rejected from a company, written by an affiliate manager
- + information is added regularly to stay updated and help you get the best education
3. Strategies Worth Sharing
Strategies Worth Sharing is an ebook for growing traffic on Facebook. Brittany (the author of the ebook) went from 2,000 followers to 100,000 Facebook fans! We all know how important Facebook is and it’s getting better and better, which means we MUST learn how it works to get the best traction possible from it. For the price of the ebook, it’s definitely worth it.
Here are a few things you’ll learn:
- one easy trick that will save you hours on Facebook
- 15 ways to get more Facebook fans
- how to ask questions people can’t help but respond to (more traction on posts means more views!)
- mistakes you might be making on Facebook
4. Six Figure Blogger
After being a full-time blogger for a year, I’ve realized it’s time for me to create a digital product.
Not only am I learning how to create an ecourse or ebook, I’m also figuring out what type of product to make.
It’s not news that the health and fitness field is saturated with products and books to buy, which is why I’m so grateful to have bought this course.
Six Figure Bloggers has given me other ideas of products to create that will be successful on my blog.
What you’ll learn in the course:
- How to build an authentic relationship with your audience
- How to make money with affiliate marketing
- Learn how to create a profitable ebook
- How to create a profitable and successful ecourse
- Learn how to create high-converting sales pages
- Find out how to get the right visitors to your sale pages
- Access to a private support group
5. Pinterest Traffic Avalanche
If you’re not on Pinterest or you aren’t sure how to use it, it’s time to figure the platform out now, and here is why.
Pinterest users are going on Pinterest to spend money.
Pinterest users spend more money on the platform than ANY other social media platform. Even Facebook. (I’m surprised, too).
This is important because this means that Pinterest can be an incredible way to get readers who want to buy items onto your blog.
Not only that, but an increase in page views means you’ll also increase your ad revenue.
If you want people to see your blog and get real traction on your website, Pinterest is crucial.
The Pinterest Traffic Growth course helped me increase my reach to 2.3 million, which simultaneously increased my ad revenue income and my affiliate marketing income.
6. How I Went From 17k to 400k+ Monthly Page Views In 9 Months
How I Went From 17k to 400,000 page views in 9 Months is one of the main reasons my page views are increasing at such a rapid rate. Even though Pinterest’s algorithm changed a few months ago, my blog has managed to overcome that obstacle and get more page views than it’s ever had. That is NO small feat, and I owe a lot of my success to the information and tricks I learned from Lena. She dove into topics that I would’ve never even thought about. I’m currently on my 3rd read-through, as she’s updated it again!
That is NO small feat, and I owe a lot of my success to the information and tricks I learned from Lena. She dove into topics that I would’ve never even thought about. Lena (the creator) recently updated the entire book, and now provides
7. Pinteresting Strategies
I just purchased another Pinterest ebook and I can’t believe how helpful it was! I’ve taken 3 courses in total related to Pinterest, and they ALL shared completely different tactics and tips. See, the thing is, Pinterest is friggin weird and everyone reacts to it differently. You need to learn what works for you. In Pinteresting Strategies, Carly talks about how she only manually pins to Pinterest, and what she does to get crazy results. She gets anywhere between 5-10k views per day with her relatively new blog and shares all of her tips in her ebook, Pinteresting Strategies.
Popular posts from FITnancials this month:
- How To Teach English From Home And Make $14-$18 An Hour
- How I Make $3,000+ Per Month With Sponsored Posts
- 6 Free Monthly Budget Printables That Are Proven To Help You Pay Off Debt
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Make Up To $75,000 Per Year
Blog related posts:
- How To Start A Blog – Beginner Edition
- How I Doubled My Pageviews In 1 Month
- How My Sister Went From $0 Affiliate Income to $50,000+ A Month
- Officially A Full-Time Blogger + Tips For You
Classes have been insanely hard this semester. My adviser told me I have 30 credits left, which I WILL finish within 1 year from now. I’m so ready to be finished with school! Update: I should finish school by May! As long as I sign up for 1 extra class each semester. Aghhh!
Like I said in the beginning of this post, September was sort of a bad month for me. I’ve also been dealing with people copying my content, logo, domain, and several other things and it’s been mentally draining. I know I should rise above, but it’s also a natural human reaction to get irritated by this.
However, I got close to 100,000 page views for the first time, which was another milestone for me. My digital product is almost complete, too!
I feel like I complained a bit in this post, so I apologize ahead of time. Things are looking up and I have so much to be grateful for. I’m heading to Fincon in a couple of weeks, which is really exciting. I have mild social anxiety, so this will be exciting. Haha!
See you next month!
How was your September? Share in the comments!
Like this post? Pin it!
Get exclusive access to the free resources!
Join 2,000 others to get access to 10+ free printables related to budgeting, traveling, and meal planning with new prints updated weekly.