Quotes have completely changed the way I live. I’m serious.
Years ago, I was browsing through Pinterest. At over 170 pounds, I was trying to find some kind of motivation to get my crap together.
I looked up things like, “health” or “fitness” and a long list of quotes came up. The quotes I read sparked and ignited a fire in me. I was so inspired and motivated by the things I read.
One quote that particularly stuck out to me was, “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”- Jim Rohn
It was like a freakin’ light bulb went off. I mean seriously, my body is the ONLY place I live. I “live” in my apartment, but I actually LIVE in my body. I was so angry at myself for eating so much processed food after so many years. I seriously felt betrayed by my own mind and body. I was letting myself down even though I knew I had so much potential.
I put these quotes on post-it notes, saved these quotes on my phone and made them my screensaver, and even created a special folder for these quotes to look at them often on my computer. Saying these quotes out loud changed me. Words have the ability to CHANGE. Words and quotes were there for me when I felt alone in my life. They inspired me to keep going.
Write these quotes down on post-it notes and hang them around your house. Hang them on your fridge, mirrors, desks, and computer.
Find a quote below that inspires and motivates you to live a better life.
Below are 30 quotes to get you inspired and motivated to kick some butt!
1. We speak about losing our minds as if it is a bad thing. I say, lose your mind. Do it purposefully. Find out who you really are beyond your thoughts and beliefs. Lose your mind, find your soul. ― Vironika Tugaleva
2. Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do, not a punishment for what you ate. – Women’s Health UK
3. You are not your illness. You have an individual story to tell. You have a name, a history, a personality. Staying yourself is part of the battle. – Julian Seifte
4. Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live. – Jim Rohn
5. Do something that feels good in the mornings! It will help you to set up your day to take in more knowledge and understanding, which ultimately leads to wisdom. ― Martin R. Lemieux
6. Watch your thoughts, for they will become the words of people you draw to yourself. ― Vironika Tugaleva
7. To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise, we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. – Buddha
8. A healthy outside starts from the inside. – Robert Urich
9. The root of all health is in the brain. The trunk of it is in emotion. The branches and leaves are the body. The flower of health blooms when all parts work together. – Kurdish Saying
10. The body is like a piano, and happiness is like music. It is needful to have the instrument in good order. – Henry Ward Beecher
11. The greatest wealth is health. – Virgil
12. Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity. – John F. Kennedy
13. Live in rooms full of light. Avoid heavy food. Be moderate in the drinking of wine. Take massage, baths, exercise, and gymnastics. Fight insomnia with gentle rocking or the sound of running water. Change surroundings and take long journeys. Strictly avoid frightening ideas. Indulge in cheerful conversation and amusements. Listen to music. – A. Cornelius Celsus
14. The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination. – Tommy Lasorda
15. Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far. – Thomas Jefferson
16. Your body holds deep wisdom. Trust in it. Learn from it. Nourish it. Watch your life transform and be healthy. – Bella Bleue
17. The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down. – Stephen Richards
18. Symptoms are not enemies to be destroyed, but sacred messengers who encourage us to take better care of ourselves. – Jon Gabriel
19. The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly. – Siddartha Guatama Buddha
20. When you screw up, skip a workout or eat a bad meal, it doesn’t make you a bad person. It makes you human. Welcome to the club. There’s like seven billion of us. – Jillian Michaels
21. Reality is a projection of your thoughts or the things you habitually think about. – Stephen Richards
22. Those who think they have no time for healthy eating…will sooner or later have to find time for illness. – Edward Stanley
23. The best six doctors anywhere and no one can deny it are sunshine, water, rest, air, exercise, and diet. – Wayne Fields
24. I know this transformation is painful, but you’re not falling apart; you’re just falling into something different, with a new capacity to be beautiful. – William C. Hannan
24. The individual who says it is not possible should move out of the way of those doing it. ― Tricia Cunningham
25. Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. ― Hippocrates
26. Self-care is so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel. – Eleanor Brown
27. A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools. – Spanish Proverb
28. My own prescription for health is less paperwork and more running barefoot through the grass. – Leslie Grimutter
29. Healing in a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity. – Hippocrates
30. The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart. – Helen Keller
What quote do you have on a post-it note currently? I can’t be the only one. 🙂
Like this post? Pin it!
Get exclusive access to the free resources!
Join 5,000 others to get access to 20+ free printables related to budgeting, traveling, and meal planning with new prints updated weekly.