Do you exactly how much you spend on your car each month? How about each year?[no_toc]
You may think that just buying the actual car is expensive, but it is a gift that keeps on giving. You will have costs associated with your car all the time.
Here is how to save money on your annual car costs.
- The Ultimate Weight Loss Guide
- How To Save On Groceries Without Clipping Coupons
- 10 Small Changes You Can Make To Live Healthier
Save money when you buy your car.
You should always calculate how many cars you can actually afford, and if you want to try a car calculator, click here. You should always make sure that your car purchase is within your budget so that you can have as much peace of mind as possible.
There are many different ways to save money on your car purchase. Research when the best times to buy are, get a finalized price online before you even walk in, forego all of the pricey extras (will a base version do fine for you?), and try to find some sort of family/friend or company discount.
Save money on your car insurance.
Car insurance can be expensive. Some people pay $30 a month on car insurance, whereas others may spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars insuring just one car.
- Shop around the best value when it comes to car insurance. Different car insurance companies will charge different amounts for the exact same car. Shop around and you will probably find prices much more expensive, or possibly even cheaper than what you are currently paying.
- Know how to correctly insure your car. Not all cars or situations will require the lower, more expensive deductibles. Know whether you need comprehensive, and how much collision coverage you really need.
- Always seek out as many discounts as you can get. You can qualify for discounts by working somewhere, getting good grades, having a good driving record, and so on.
Learn how to get the most miles per gallon.
Gas is expensive. It may not be at the crazy highs that it was at a few years ago (or even a few months ago), but it also isn't cheap. There are many things that you can do to get better gas mileage:
- Learn how to drive better. Do you find yourself constantly slamming on your brakes? Maybe you are always speeding up as fast as you can and driving incredibly fast. Learn how to drive at a more stable pace.
- Always get your car maintenance completed. If oil changes are too expensive for you, learn how to do them yourself. It is possible!
How do you save money on your annual car costs?