What are credit inquiries?
Credit inquiries are inquiries that have been pulled by companies or businesses to find out if you are worthy of a loan or credit card.
Credit inquiries are usually at the very bottom of your credit reports stated as something like, “Credit Inquiries”. There are different kinds of inquiries and they each have their own impact on your credit report.
Credit inquiries are requested by certain businesses or companies and will remain for at least two years. These credit inquiries are indeed usually unauthorized and unnecessary and there IS a way to get these inquiries removed.
Many people often make the judgment that taking care of other issues on their credit report is the most important task to deal with at that time, but it’s also important to take care of the credit inquiries and here is why:
- If an individual has too many credit inquiries on their credit report, the creditor might make the assumption that the individual might be in financial trouble. You might look desperate for money and that does not look good to a potential loaner or credit company.
- Creditors can also make the assumption that you are not as financially well off as you might say on paper, leading them to not want to assist you.
How To Remove Credit Card Inquiries:
- Request a copy of your credit report.
- Find out what you authorized and did not authorize.
- Send a certified letter to the unauthorized business or company stating that you did not give them permission and that the inquiry was unauthorized and to have them remove it immediately.
Making sure your credit report is clean of any authorizations or other flaws is very important in maintaining a good credit report. This will ensure that you will not have any issues in the future when it comes to getting a loan or mortgage.
Talking to a professional credit report company will assist you in all of your credit report needs, such as addressing any issues there are in your report or what could be improved.
Although credit inquiries might be the smallest item on your credit report to worry about, they can make a big difference on a loan or credit card you are applying for. That small difference in points can make the decision on whether or not you are accepted. It would be very silly and irresponsible to not get accepted for something as minor as a few points.
Removing credit inquiries from a credit important is usually the last task people worry about when it comes to credit reports, but that does not make it any less important. Credit inquiries can have negative effects and it’s important to take care of any tasks on your credit report.
If you have other issues on your credit report, it might be a smarter idea to get help from a credit repair company. Seeking help from a professional can help you out in many ways, especially if there are larger problems at bay.
How did you remove your credit inquiries from your credit report?
Like this post? Pin it!
Get exclusive access to the free resources!
Join 2,000 others to get access to 10+ free printables related to budgeting, traveling, and meal planning with new prints updated weekly.