Creating viral, click-worthy blog posts can help increase your blog income, page views, and overall traffic to your blog.
Below are 10 strategies you need to try to create viral, click-worthy blog posts!
1. Viral title
The title of a blog post is one of the most important parts of an article.
The title needs to be attention-grabbing and make someone want to click on the post as soon as they see it.
Here is the difference between a boring title and a viral title:
Boring Title: Ways To Make Money
Viral Title: 25 Proven Ways To Make Money Today
It's important to take a lot of time creating the perfect title because this is what's going to grab people in.
If you need help creating titles, Coschedule is a free tool that analyzes your blog post titles and helps you create a stronger title.
Action Tip: If you have a full-time job and also want to start a successful blog, you need to check out Blog With A Full-Time Job. It is THE course to take to get you started with a strong 12-month plan to create a profitable blog. Blog With A Full-Time Job is my #1 recommendation for new bloggers or bloggers who are not making any income off their website. Use code ALEXIS15OFF for 15% off!
2. Optimize posts for Pinterest
Pinterest is a must for all bloggers no matter what your niche is.
You can and should create numerous pins for Pinterest to see what works.
I create several different pin styles for all of my top-performing posts.
I'll do tests to see what gets the most clicks and replicate those on other posts.
If you aren't sure how Pinterest works, I highly recommend checking out Pinterest Traffic Avalanche, a comprehensive course that will help you reach your page views goals.
The creators of the course get millions of page views and share all of their secrets in this course.
After going through this course, my page views increased to over 150,000 page views per month, which increased my blog income exponentially.
3. Posts with lists
People love list posts because they know they'll be getting tips that they can easily read throughout a post.
On my blog, list articles have always outperformed non-list posts.
For example, these are articles of mine that have gone viral:
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
4. Create content people want to reshare
Resharing obviously helps reach more people in the world, so you'll want to keep this in mind.
People like to share content that may shock others or possibly content they don't agree with.
Make it easy to reshare your posts by installing a share plugin.
I use the paid version of Social Warfare.
This lets me customize social sharing buttons at the top, shows # of shares, and lets me upload my Pinterest pin image and my Facebook image so people can easily share both of these.
It should be easy to find your share pins, remember that.
5. Articles that create curiosity
Which article would you click on faster?
“Gut Health Info”
“10 Shocking Signs You Have Poor Gut Health”
You'd most likely click the latter due to wondering what kind of symptoms could be showing signs of poor gut health.
This title gives a glimpse of what the article is about and creates curiosity in the reader.
6. Find out what your readers want
The easiest way to find out what your readers want is by checking either your Google or Pinterest Analytics.
After doing this, check your top clicked posts and create posts about a similar topic to those top clicked posts.
You can also create a free survey with Survey Monkey.
Ask your readers exactly what they want to see on your site, and ask them what they don't want to read.
7. Share, share, share!
I always tell people that a blog post is 20% writing it and 80% sharing it.
If you don't share your post, it'll make it incredibly hard for anyone to see it.
You may want to share your post on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and several others.
If you're just starting out on your blog or have been blogging for a while and aren't seeing results, I recommend choosing 2 sharing platforms and learning how to really become an expert at both.
Spreading yourself too thin is easy to do as a blogger since there are a million things to do.
8. Create new post ideas
It's easy to see what works for others and create similar posts.
The bad thing about doing this is so many people expect to do this and see results.
This usually doesn't work because some topics are overly saturated and a lot of people may have already read about the blog post topic.
People want to see and read new topics that they haven't read before.
Get outside of the box and find new things to talk about on your blog that you haven't seen before.
The great thing about blogging is you can experiment to see what works and what doesn't work.
9. Optimize posts for Google
If you land on the first page of Google you may end up seeing thousands of page views per month, which is why it is so important to work on Google SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
Results don't happen overnight, but if you do land on the first page of Google, you will probably see plenty of traffic from this.
10. Change it up
If a post you thought would do well isn't, change up the title and make sure the post is high-quality.
You always want to make sure you are going above and beyond in posts and helping your reader out as much as possible.
Are you solving their problem?
Providing enough resources?
Is your post easy to read?
All of these things can affect the virality of your blog post, so feel free to change things up when you need to.
Tips To Become A Full-Time Blogger:
1) Choose a niche that already makes money (personal finance, health and fitness, travel, etc.) and subniche from there. This means go even deeper into a niche. Ex. Niche: Personal finance > Subniche: Personal finance for college students or personal finance for cathiloc moms.
2) Take a comprehensive blogging course. My #1 recommendation for new bloggers who want to build a profitable blog is Blog With A Full-Time Job.
Blog With A Full-Time Job consists of:
- A specific plan for launching, growing and monetizing your blog while working full-time
- The exact strategy to grow and monetize your blog to a six-figure blog
- Learn how to manage your mind, productivity, time management (all VERY important for working at home and running a successful business)
- How to set up a beautiful looking blog that is completely customizable
- How to write blog posts specifically for monetizing
- Sooo much more + tons of bonuses, templates, worksheets, etc.
If you've never taken a blogging course and aren't sure which one to choose, Blog With A Full-Time Job is IT. Use code ALEXIS15OFF for 15% off.
3) Learn and absorb as much information about blogging as possible. Pinterest is a gold mine for this. Type in “blogging tips” in Pinterest's search bar and hundreds of helpful articles will come up. You can check all of my popular blogging articles here.
4) Figure out what outlet you want to use for blogging. Do you want to have your own blog? Or do you want to create a YouTube channel? Find out where your audience is and go from there. If you don't know yet, don't sweat it. You'll learn as you go.
5) Create a blog with this easy tutorial.
Helpful Blogging Articles:
- How I Went From $1,000 to $10,000 Per Month On My Blog In 1 Year
- 8 Courses That Helped Me Become A Full-Time Blogger
- How I Made $5,047 in August 2017 From Blogging
- 5 Things I Did That Exploded My Traffic From Pinterest
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
How do you come up with blog post ideas?
Like this post? Pin it!