Creating a blog post should be easy, right?
You write a few paragraphs, throw in some links, and call it a day, but that's not the case.
To make things easier, here is a list to get you creating viral blog posts!
Below are 10 tips to help you create viral content that your readers will LOVE.
1. Compelling headline
Would you rather click on a blog post titled, “Ways To Make Money” or “50 Proven Ways To Make Money Now“.
You'd most likely choose the second title.
The titles of your blog posts need to make the reader click.
Viral words include:
There is a ton of competition out there in the blogging world, which is why you need to make sure you're always producing high-quality content with a kickass headline, too.
Action Tip: If you have a full-time job and also want to start a successful blog, you need to check out Blog With A Full-Time Job. It is THE course to take to get you started with a strong 12-month plan to create a profitable blog. Blog With A Full-Time Job is my #1 recommendation for new bloggers or bloggers who are not making any income off their website. Use code ALEXIS15OFF for 15% off!
2. High-quality content
Each blog post you publish needs to help your readers to the best of your ability.
When producing content, make sure you are adding resources such as links to related articles that go deeper into a certain topic, and links to products that can help the reader (great place for affiliate links).
A great word # to reach per post is 1,000.
However, I personally believe this number can be as little as 500 (why write a ton more about something if you can get your point across in 500 words), or 3,000 words if the topic needs a long post to fully help out the reader.
3. Strong introduction
The introduction of a blog post can make a reader stay on your blog and read the full post, or click out the post immediately.
Make sure you leave valuable information in the introduction of your post, such as a strong backstory of the topic, statistics, and how you are going to help the reader in the blog post.
4. Font and readable text
The font on a blog should be easy to read.
I hate going on websites with a font in cursive writing or font color that is too light and hard to read.
And nothing is worse than landing on an article with 10 sentence paragraphs.
This is not easy to read and your job as a blogger is to make readers want to easily read your blog.
Though cursive may be pretty, it's really hard to read.
I recommend breaking up paragraphs to 1-3 sentences long, take advantage of bolding and italicizing texts, and adding quotes.
5. Pinterest-friendly image + description
Pinterest is a must for bloggers. Seriously!
If you're a blogger and not on Pinterest yet, you need to work on that today.
Pinterest images should be vertical, the words should be easy to read, and take advantage of white space.
The entire pin doesn't need to be filled with words.
You should also put a Pinterest description in all of your Pinterest images.
These should say what the post is about.
Feel free to add some hashtags, too! I personally use #makemoneyblogging #blogging and #bloggingresources.
Hashtags make it easier for people to find your blog posts.
Helpful Tip: Are you not seeing much traffic going to your blog? If so, check out Pinterest Traffic Avalanche, a comprehensive course that will help you reach your page views goals. The creators of the course get millions of page views and share all of their secrets in this course.
6. Make sure your website is fast
There's nothing worse than a website that is going forever to load.
If your site takes longer than 5 seconds to load, I recommend checking out this article to improve your site speed.
If you don't know how long your site takes to load, use Pingdom.
7. Keyword research
Both Google and Pinterest heavily rely on SEO (search engine optimization) in order for people to find articles.
The coolest thing about Google and Pinterest is readers go to these search engines to find answers or help.
You're not only going to answer their question, but they may even make a purchase through your affiliate link.
For example, if someone typed in Google, “Best Dog Leashes For Dogs” and your article came up, they would most likely click on your Amazon affiliate links and you'll make income from that.
Here is a helpful beginners guide to Search Engine Optimization.
8. Call to action
I highly recommend ending every blog post with an action tip for your readers.
Your call to action can be to sign up for your email list, check out related articles, or to check out your Facebook community group.
If a reader finished reading your entire blog post and is reading your CTA, chances are they want to hear more from you.
Tip: Learn how to take your blog from making $0 to $1,000 per month with free traffic, affiliate marketing, and other action-packed strategies. Make Money Blogging is a MUST for any struggling bloggers out there.
Images are a great way to break up text and add inspiration and visual learning.
Photos can help the reader connect and relate more to a post, and they may even help the reader out.
For example, when I'm reading a recipe article, I love seeing step by step images of the recipe.
I'm more of a visual learner, so this is a must for me.
10. Share, share, share!
A blog post is 20% writing and 80% sharing it.
No one is going to find or read your blog if you don't share the post.
I recommend sharing on these platforms:
If you're a new blogger, I recommend choosing 2 platforms and excelling at both and then moving on to other platforms.
Tips To Become A Blogger:
1) Choose a niche that already makes money (personal finance, health and fitness, travel, etc.) and subniche from there. This means go even deeper into a niche. Ex. Niche: Personal finance > Subniche: Personal finance for college students or personal finance for moms.
2) Take a comprehensive blogging course. My #1 recommendation for new bloggers who want to build a profitable blog is Blog With A Full-Time Job.
Blog With A Full-Time Job consists of:
- A specific plan for launching, growing and monetizing your blog while working full-time
- The exact strategy to grow and monetize your blog to a six-figure blog
- Learn how to manage your mind, productivity, time management (all VERY important for working at home and running a successful business)
- How to set up a beautiful looking blog that is completely customizable
- How to write blog posts specifically for monetizing
- Sooo much more + tons of bonuses, templates, worksheets, etc.
If you've never taken a blogging course and aren't sure which one to choose, Blog With A Full-Time Job is IT. Use code ALEXIS15OFF for 15% off.
3) Learn and absorb as much information about blogging as possible. Pinterest is a gold mine for this. Type in “blogging tips” in Pinterest's search bar and hundreds of helpful articles will come up. You can check all of my popular blogging articles here.
4) Figure out what outlet you want to use for blogging. Do you want to have your own blog? Or do you want to create a YouTube channel? Find out where your audience is and go from there. If you don't know yet, don't sweat it. You'll learn as you go.
5) Create a blog with this easy tutorial.
In a nutshell:
1. Create a compelling headline.
2. Publish high-quality content.
3. Write a strong introduction to each article.
4. Make sure to have readable text.
5. Create a Pinterest-friendly image for each blog post.
6. Make sure your website is fast.
7. Use keyword research.
8. Create a call to action at the end of every post.
9. Use images to break up text.
10. Share your articles!
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Related articles to read:
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
What do you make sure to do before publishing a post?
Like this post? Pin it!