2016 was an amazing year for FITnancials and going full-time on my blog drastically changed my page views. I went full-time in November, and as you can see in 2 months, I’ve doubled my page views exceeding over 60,000.
I’ve been blogging for awhile, but never took it seriously until November of 2016. Blogging was a hobby of mine and I usually only spent a couple hours a week on my blog. I quit my full-time job and decided to go full-time on FITnancials, and I’ve never been happier.
As a blogger, the learning and education never end. Social media is constantly changing and it seems like I have to learn about a new social media platform change every week.
However, I am my own boss at 23, get to travel and see my family whenever I want. I’ve been to 5 continents and counting and have been able to work anywhere in the world. The amount of money I make is constantly increasing and I don’t have to wait for that 1x per year to get my raise.
- How I Made $5,047 in August 2017 From Blogging
- 6 Educational Tools That Helped Me Become A Full-Time Blogger
- 5 Things I Did That Exploded My Traffic From Pinterest
1. How I Went From 17K to 400K+ Monthly Page Views in 9 Months
Lena’s ebook is one of the main reasons my page views are increasing at such a rapid rate. Even though Pinterest’s algorithm changed a few months ago, my blog has managed to overcome that obstacle and get more page views than it’s ever had. That is NO small feat, and I owe a lot of my success to the information and tricks I learned in Lena’s ebook. She dove into topics that I would’ve never thought about. I’m currently on my 3rd time reading the book, as she’s updated it again! You can check it out here.
Here are a few things you’ll learn:
- How to Duplicate Your Blogging Successes
- Interlinking Secrets
- Leveraging Google+
- A Few Words On Keyword Selection
2. Pinnable images
Creating pin-worthy images immensely improved my page views from Pinterest, despite Pinterest changing its algorithm. I’ll post an example of what I believe is a bad pin vs. a pin that has exploded on Pinterest.
A few tips:
- Boardbooster made it a lot easier to set up my pins going out to group boards. I have to schedule it out once and then I’m done.
- Bright pins do much better than dark pins with too much going on
- Tailwind is another pin planning tool that allows you to join tribes which can seriously improve your monthly page views. I’m only just starting, so I’ll update you all and how it’s going! Get $15 for signing up here, and I’ll get $15, too!
3. Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing has drastically changed my monthly earnings.
Using affiliate marketing on your blog is a lot easier than you might think.
Do you talk about products you love and use often? Great! I did the same, but I was making a huge mistake.
Any time I mentioned a product, I never linked the product. By linking the product, you’re making it easier for your reader to find the product, which helps them and you, since you’ll be making a commission off of it, and they’ll be able to try a product that will help them as well.
I’ve been able to share the products I use daily and what has helped me lose weight, which has helped bring a lot of traffic to my blog.
Just in the first month of using affiliate marketing, I made over $400 by placing a few links on my blog. It took a few hours work to do and will lead to passive income for the years to come. If you’re not implementing affiliate marketing into your blog, it’s time to incorporate it into your blog now.
Here are a few things you’ll get in the group:
- 6 modules, 30+ lessons, best tips to succeed at affiliate marketing
- How my sister has received $300,000 from one single blog post
- Access to a private Facebook group, where you can ask questions, learn valuable information from others
- How to pick the right affiliate products to promote
- Required disclosures that need to be talked about
- Strategies to use in your marketing
- How to succeed on Pinterest
- PDF forms that will help you succeed
- How to never get rejected from a company, written by an affiliate manager
- and information is added regularly to stay updated and help you get the best education
4. Catchy Titles
Focusing on titles is HUGE in the blogging world. Your title will either get someone inspired and motivated to click on your blog, or it’ll make them look away real fast.
Here are a few examples of a catchy title:
- 7 Secrets Your _____ Doesn’t Want You To Know
- 10 Reasons To Get Started On _____
- The Ultimate Guide To ______
- 5 Hacks To Cheaper ____
5. Strategies Worth Sharing
ook specifically for growing traffic on Facebook. Brittany (the author of the ebook) went from 2,000 followers to 100,000 Facebook fans! That number has grown exponentially since she created the ebook, which is amazing. We all know how important Facebook is and it’s just getting better and better, which means we MUST learn how it works in order to get the best traction possible from it. For the price of the ebook, it’s definitely worth it.
Here are a few things you’ll learn:
- one easy trick that will save you hours on Facebook
- 15 ways to get more Facebook fans
- how to ask questions people can’t help but respond to (more traction on posts means more views!)
- mistakes you might be making on Facebook
6. How To Blog For Profit: Without Selling Your Soul
Ruth Soukup is the author of this book and has been a huge inspiration to me during my blogging journey. This book is currently under $14, which is definitely a steal considering there is a ton of useful content in this book that can truly change your blog. You can check out her book here.
Here are a few things you’ll learn:
- how to increase your blog traffic
- secrets to creating amazing content
- improve your productivity
7. Pinterest Traffic Growth
If you’re not on Pinterest or you simply aren’t sure how to use it, it’s time to figure the platform out now, and here is why.
Pinterest users are going on Pinterest to spend money.
Pinterest users spend more money on the platform than ANY other social media platform. Even Facebook!
This is important because this means that Pinterest can be an incredible way to get readers who want to purchase items onto your blog.
Not only that, but an increase in page views means you’ll also increase your ad revenue.
If you want people to see your blog and get real traction on your website, Pinterest is crucial.
The Pinterest Traffic Growth course helped me increase my reach to 2.3 million, which simultaneously increased my ad revenue income and my affiliate marketing income.
In September 2015, I was working on my blog a few hours a week, sometimes being absent from it for a few days. In November 2016, I decided I wanted to take blogging seriously, as I was very unhappy at my day job and didn’t feel like it was going anywhere.
September 2015: 12,089 page views
November 2016: 30,756 page views
January 2017: 62,355 page views
If you’ve read this far, thank you! Please share and spread the word!
What have you done to increase your page views?
Enjoy this post? Pin it!
Get exclusive access to the free resources!
Join 2,000 others to get access to 10+ free printables related to budgeting, traveling, and meal planning with new prints updated weekly.