My last post sparked a lot of questions and comments regarding how I have been jobless for over 3 months.
3 months and 5 days, to be exact.
Out of those 2 months, I was traveling in South America and still managed to have a bit of money saved when I got back to the states. Many people can't even fathom the idea of traveling to South America for 2 months, let alone not having a job to come home to.Related links:
- How I Made $5,047 in August 2017 From Blogging
- How To Teach English And Make $14-$22 Per Hour
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
So why don't I have a job?
I started applying for jobs back in May before I even left for Peru.
I managed to get a call back from one job, but they were offering me $8.50 to take care of 2-4 clients at once as a caregiver (duties include bathing, changing depends, passing medications, transporting to doctor's appointments, and tons more).
I also got a call back for a nanny position. A lady offered me $30 for 17 hours. She justified the lousy pay with saying 11 of those hours I would be sleeping in a room next to her kids, and not working. Still, I would be awake for 6 hours upon waking up. She offered me $1.75/hour.
So, you might then say, well a job is a job and I would say I totally agree, but for that level of high stress, emotionally and physically, is not worth it to me. I've been in this field for 5+ years and would even say the $11.00 I was getting paid as a caregiver at my last job wasn't enough for the constant hitting, getting spit on, 911 calls, and various other stressful things we have to deal with on a daily basis.
Below is how I am making an income online.
I make side income from my blog by having advertisements, etc, on my blog. I also post articles on the products I believe in, which leads me to my next way of making income online.
Making money blogging is a great way to earn a living online. I earn around $5,000 a month, but it took a long time to get to that point. I spent a year dedicating full-time hours to it.
Are you interested in starting a blog and becoming a full-time blogger? If so, check out my FREE 7-day course that will tell you everything you need to know, including how to create your own blog from scratch, essential blogging tools successful bloggers use, how to monetize your blog, grow a loyal audience, and so much more!
Are you already a blogger? Below are the courses I absolutely LOVE and would recommend to my friends!
1. The Blogging Blueprint is the one course I wish I had when I started blogging. The Blogging Blueprint lays out everything you need to know about blogging in detail, one step at a time. If you have dreams of becoming a full-time blogger, this is the course to take! You can even sign up for a FREE preview of the course. I can't say enough good things about this course!
2. How I Went From 17k to 400k Monthly Page Views in 9 Months – This eBook includes 21+ strategies to use to dramatically increase your page views. If your page views have plateaued, decreased, or you're simply ready to take your blog to the next level, you need to read this eBook!
3. Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. You'll learn absolutely everything you need to know about affiliate marketing from a 7 figure blogger. Find out how to become an affiliate legally without breaking any laws, strategies you must implement to make six figures, and soooo much more! The course also gives you access to a private Facebook group, which in my opinion, is worth the cost of the course alone.
4. Strategies Worth Sharing – In 70 pages, Brittany gives all the information to know to gain traffic on your Facebook page. She went from 2,000 fans to over 100,000 in 5 months (amazing!!). Having a large following on Facebook can be tremendously beneficial to blogs, as it can send thousands of page views to your blog, which means a lot more money each month!
5. Pinterest Traffic Avalanche – Pinterest is an absolute MUST if you're a blogger. Pinterest Traffic Avalanche taught me strategies that actually work. My reach has been 2+ million for the past year and continues to grow. You'll learn how to successfully drive 100,000+ monthly visitors to your blog, which means more readers which equals more money!
6. Six-Figure Blogger – Learn from the pros who started their blog only 2 years ago, and now make $50,000 PER MONTH from their blogs. If you're a blogger who is ready to create a product to sell on your blog, you need to take this course. You'll learn strategies to sell thousands of products successfully. This is another course that I can't say enough good things about!
- How I Made $5,047 Blogging In August 2017
- 6 Educational Tools That Helped Me Become A Full-Time Blogger
2. Affiliate income.
I am currently in contact with several different companies in which I make commissions off products that are bought through me. This is a great way to make a side income, but I believe in only advocating and advertising products that I actually enjoy and believe in.
3. Side jobs.
I've been taking any kind of babysitting/pet job I can find in the smallish town I live in. It pays great since they are usually last minute calls and I've also been lucky enough to take care of well-behaved children. I'll list a few links below of jobs that I've personally done that has allowed me to set up my own schedule.
4. Living like I am broke.
This approach has come quite in handy surprisingly. I basically live like I have no income whatsoever, and that attitude has led me to spend zero money on items that I actually don't need.
My overall goal in life is to be able to work full-time from home and travel the world (just like my sister, who is currently traveling across the country in her RV). I have 2 years left of school and will soon have my Sociology degree. Many people get confused as to why I am still going to college if my end goal is to work at home full-time. Well, I still want an education and I want to be able to advocate for people with developmental disabilities, the homeless, and substance abusers. I could (possibly) do this without a degree, but I believe being educated as possible in this field will get me much further.
Are you interested in working home full-time? Are there other ways you make income online?
Like this post? Please share it and spread the word!
Get exclusive access to the free resources!
Join 5,000 others to get access to 20+ free printables related to budgeting, traveling, and meal planning with new prints updated weekly.