Every since 2015, I've been posting a highlight reel of my entire year. These types of posts aren't for clicks (obviously) but I'm happy I do them because it gives me some sweet nostalgic feelings inside every time I look back at them.
Recap of 2017
2017 was a CRAZY year. I visited my family in South Korea for the first time in my life.
Last year was also the first time in my life I worked for myself. The entire year. I became an entrepreneur and it was both terrifying and amazing.
Related article: How I Went From $1,000 to $10,000 Per Month On My Blog In 1 Year
Where I went in 2017
- Tokyo, Japan
- Portland, Oregon
- Seoul, South Korea
- Cancun, Mexico
- Isle Mujeres, Mexico
- Dallas, Texas (Fincon!)
Plans for 2018
- GRADUATING. I am finally a senior and only have 7 courses until I get my BS in Psychology. No, I don't plan on using it but it is a good backup in case I want to use my TEFL and teach English either online or at a school in Europe or Asia. I also decided I'd rather finish my degree instead of dropping out since I'm so close to finishing.
- Tackling student loans! I will graduate with approximately $17,000 in student loans. I've already paid off the interest for the student loans now so they don't capitalize.
- Work on personal development. Doing this by meditating regularly, working out 5x a week, spending more time outdoors.
- Volunteer and read more. We spent every holiday at a sanctuary or animal shelter.
Blog Goals for 2018
- Get to $10,000 per month in blog income + side hustles. The fact that I'm creating a goal of $120,000 per year is scary, especially at 24 years old.
- This is the year I'd really like to expand my blog into something bigger. However, I came to the realization the past few months that I'm afraid of failure and I'm terrified of growing.
- WORK MORE. I don't work enough! I'd like to start putting in 40 hours per week with 2 days fully off.
- Create a product on sponsored posts. My sister and I are collaborating and working on this now. 🙂
- Get to 150,000 page views per month. Currently at 110,000 per month (but January is always highest for me).
Top posts on FITnancials for 2017
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Make Up To $75,000 A Year
- How I Made $5,047 in August 2017 From Blogging
- How To Teach English From Home And Make $18-$22 An Hour
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
I also created a free resource library for all of my readers as a thank you!
Highlight Photos of 2017