Every since 2015, I’ve been posting a highlight reel of my entire year. These types of posts aren’t for clicks (obviously) but I’m happy I do them because it gives me some sweet nostalgic feelings inside every time I look back at them.
Recap of 2017
2017 was a CRAZY year. I visited my family in South Korea for the first time in my life.
Last year was also the first time in my life I worked for myself. The entire year. I became an entrepreneur and it was both terrifying and amazing.
I’m making a steady $5,000 a month with my blog – and I (at most) work 25 hours per week. I’m definitely the opposite of my sister Michelle (at Making Sense of Cents) when it comes to work life balance. 😉
I also started working for Making Sense of Cents (so technically my sister is my boss? Haha).
Are you interested in starting a blog and becoming a full-time blogger?If so, check out my FREE 7-day course that will tell you everything you need to know, including how to create your own blog from scratch, essential blogging tools successful bloggers use, how to monetize your blog, grow a loyal audience, and so much more!
Where I went in 2017
- Tokyo, Japan
- Portland, Oregon
- Seoul, South Korea
- Cancun, Mexico
- Isle Mujeres, Mexico
- Dallas, Texas (Fincon!)
Plans for 2018
- GRADUATING. I am finally a senior and only have 7 courses until I get my BS in Psychology. No, I don’t plan on using it but it is a good backup in case I want to use my TEFL and teach English either online or at a school in Europe or Asia. I also decided I’d rather finish my degree instead of dropping out since I’m so close to finishing.
- Tackling student loans! I will graduate with approximately $17,000 in student loans. I’ve already paid off the interest for the student loans now so they don’t capitalize.
- Work on personal development. Doing this by meditating regularly, working out 5x a week, spending more time outdoors.
- Volunteer and read more. We spent every holiday at a sanctuary or animal shelter.
Blog Goals for 2018
- Get to $10,000 per month in blog income + side hustles. The fact that I’m creating a goal of $120,000 per year is scary, especially at 24 years old.
- This is the year I’d really like to expand my blog into something bigger. However, I came to the realization the past few months that I’m afraid of failure and I’m terrified of growing.
- WORK MORE. I don’t work enough! I’d like to start putting in 40 hours per week with 2 days fully off.
- Create a product on sponsored posts. My sister and I are collaborating and working on this now. 🙂
- Get to 150,000 page views per month. Currently at 110,000 per month (but January is always highest for me).
Top posts on FITnancials for 2017
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Make Up To $75,000 A Year
- How I Made $5,047 in August 2017 From Blogging
- How To Teach English From Home And Make $18-$22 An Hour
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
P.S. I started a SECOND blog about veganism! It’ll be centered around recipes, budgeting as a vegan, beginner vegan hacks, and so much more. I’m so passionate about this project.
I also created a free resource library for all of my readers as a thank you!
Highlight Photos of 2017
Get exclusive access to the free resources!
Join 5,000 others to get access to 20+ free printables related to budgeting, traveling, and meal planning with new prints updated weekly.