Having fun doesn’t need to be expensive.
With these ideas, you’ll have a great weekend for less!
Before we get started, make sure to sign up for my free resource library and get access to exclusive printables all about saving money and building wealth, meal planning, and more.
1. Both small and large cities offer a free movie night in the park or have a drive-in theater.
2. Take a walk on the boardwalk.
3. Hit up your local park and play catch or frisbee with your dog.
5. Look up local free yoga or other fitness events happening in the area.
6. Check out your community calendar at your local library.
7. Join an adult sports league.
8. During your drive, listen to free podcasts.
9. Play board games.
10. Go on a free walking tour of your city.
11. Learn how to knit.
12. Volunteer at your local animal shelter.
13. Go to your local library and check out a book and learn a new skill.
14. Invest in your health and read online or at a library about the healthiest foods for your body.
15. Learn a foreign language using italki.
16. Go swimming for free. Austin offers plenty of free places to swim in the summer.
17. Try out Netflix for free for a month and indulge in some T.V. shows.
18. Clean out your home and either throw a yard sale or donate your unwanted items to your local Salvation Army.
19. Go on a bike ride around your neighborhood.
20. Look up hikes in your city and bring along for safety, especially if it is your first time hiking.
➡️ What to read next: 11 Best Personal Finance Podcasts For Achieving Financial Freedom
Don’t forget to sign up for the free resource library and get exclusive access to free printables & planners related to saving and making money, meal planning, and more!
What are some of your favorite summer activities on a budget? Do you participate in any of the above activities?
Like this post? Please share it and spread the word!