Attempting sushi rolls was a challenge that I never thought I would do.
A trip to the local sushi house inspired me to create my own sushi rolls at home.
A quick stop at the oriental foods store and about $15 allowed me to buy the ingredients I needed to create sushi rolls that could feed 5 people.
- Ripe avocado
- Seaweed sushi sheets
- Sesame seeds
- Rice vinegar
- Sushi rice
- Optional: Sliced ginger
I wasn't specific on how much of each ingredient you will need, simply because you can adjust it to how much you want to put in your sushi roll.
- Cutting board
- A GOOD knife! (Seriously, necessary).
- Bamboo roller or zip lock bag.
1. Cook rice. While rice is cooking, slice cucumber, carrot, and avocado into small places.
2. In a large bowl, mix together rice, rice vinegar, and sesame seeds. I did not measure everything out but instead poured in as I went and tasted along the way.
3. Lay out seaweed sheet and on one side, spread out the rice mixture about 2 inches wide on the seaweed sheet. Lay the vegetable slices in a line from one side to the other.
4. Slowly roll tightly into a roll. Cut up with a sharp knife, and clean the knife every time you cut. (Makes it easier to cut sushi rolls).
Have you ever made sushi rolls? What is your favorite kind of sushi?
Like this post? Please share it and spread the word!