Welcome to Day 3: How To Create A Full-Time Income From Blogging
“You’re a blogger… You make money from that?”
I’ve gotten asked this so many times, it’s probably my most asked question, even ahead of someone asking me what my name is! Haha.
Did you start a blog? If not, here is a step-by-step tutorial that will get you started on creating your blog. Remember, being self-hosted is important if you want to monetize your blog versus creating a free blog off Blogger. I tell you why this is important in the beginning of my tutorial.
How do you make money as a blogger?
- Displayed advertisements
- Sponsored posts
- Affiliate marketing
- Creating your own products and selling them on your blog
- Freelance writing
- Coaching services
How do you receive payment?
- Paypal (fastest, but there are fees involved)
- Check (no fees, but takes longer to receive payment)
Is it possible for a newbie to make money blogging?
As I mentioned earlier, the world is moving online. There is plenty of room for new bloggers to make money online within their first year (I’ve met plenty of bloggers who make a profit their first month).
When can I start making an income from blogging?
Every blog and blogger will have a different experience with making a profit off their blog.
For me, personally, I was only making $250 for a few months off my blog when I started (putting in an hour a week, sometimes nothing). Then, I started dedicating 30-40 hours a week on my blog and started making $5,000 a month with the number increasing steadily every month.
However, not everyone will or can make money blogging. Blogging can be hard. Frustrating. You’ll feel like giving up when you don’t see instant verification that all your hard work is working.
There’s a difference between people who quit blogging and people who persevere. The people who keep fighting and dedicating hours to their blog will start to see a profit. They’ll learn from their mistakes. They’ll figure out what’s working and what isn’t, and grow their blog tremendously from there.
Do you think blogging and monetizing a blog is easy? It’s not! A lot of bloggers like to make it seem like it is, but it’s not.
What should a new blogger do to start making money?
- Develop your brand and voice. Get a decent number (10+) of articles published.
- Write a solid “About Me” page. Allow your readers the chance to get to know you and begin to form trust with you.
- Create a recommendations page. A recommendations page is a list of affiliate links displaying products or services you recommend.
- Sprinkle in affiliate links once you’ve written 10+ posts and have developed some kind of following.
- Focus on social media accounts. I recommend choosing 2 so you don’t spread yourself thin. For example, right now, I’m focusing on Facebook and Twitter. The larger your following, the greater chance you’ll get at working with brands and increasing page views.
How does a blogger get paid for sponsored posts?
You can read my article here on how I make $3,000+ per month with sponsored posting. At the moment, I charge between $500-$1,000 per sponsored post that is related to my blog niche (health, travel, and money).
Tomorrow, you’ll find how to grow a loyal audience, which is one of the most important aspects of blogging.
See you tomorrow!
Save this article for later by pinning to Pinterest below
How To Start A Profitable Blog - FREE Email Course
Over the next 7 days, I'll teach you everything you need to know, including how to create your own blog from scratch, essential blogging tools, how to monetize your blog, grow a loyal audience, and more. Join now!