Here is a list of my favorite workout songs. I believe the music you listen to can really improve your workout. If you were listening to slow indie music, would it get you as pumped up as fast paced, upbeat music? It might for you, but definitely not for me!… Read more
Viewing category: Fitness
Why should you care to live a healthy lifestyle?
Many people have no idea why fitness enthusiasts do what they do. I've heard people ask why skinny people were in the gym in the first place. This and other things I've heard blow my mind and even set off my temper a little bit. But I hear this so much and over time realized you can't get mad over people's opinions and thoughts…. Read more
“Grab your weights and work your arms! I suggest two pairs of dumbbells: one set that is 3-8 pounds and one set that is 10-20 pounds, but use whatever challenges you without forcing you to quit early.”
This is a great workout from Back on Pointe. Enjoy!
Well, around two weeks ago I went to Chicago to visit my family for a week. It was a great little vacation and I'm glad that I'm able to get paid vacation from my work, or I probably wouldn't have gone. I haven't seen my family in a long time, and it was really worth it.
While I was gone, I found out that I received my Personal Trainer Certification! I've been working hard towards this and I am of course very happy. While I was gone, I applied for a personal trainer position. Right when I got back, I was asked to come in for an interview at a gym that I go to. I went to a couple of interviews and found out that I GOT THE JOB!
I'm very happy and this is what I've been wanting and working towards for some time now. 🙂 Some of you have asked me how to become a personal trainer. Take a look at the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics to read a good article about how you can become one.
Also, I'm going to St. Thomas tomorrow. My sister and I haven't gone on a vacation together in a very long time, and I'm really looking forward to going somewhere pretty and relaxing.
This week I thought I would share my favorite fitness and food related posts:
- No-Bake Oreo Cookie Pie – This just looks super yummy.
- What happened when I stopped exercising – This is an awesome post about working out.
- A review of every type of cross-training workout I have ever done – This is another great post. If you are thinking about a certain workout, read this post! Tons of information about different options.
- Veggie Quesadillas – YUMM 🙂
- Protect Your Investment: Planting Tips For Your Vegetable Garden – I've been thinking about starting my own garden.
- Ashamed of Gaining Weight – Everyone please read this post.
- PB protein French toast – Another yummy recipe.
Here are some awesome finance related posts:
- Chasing Happiness is a Fool’s Errand
- The Inconsistent Side of Freelancing: $3K Less Income in April
- Financial Fail of the Week: I love me some sweet, bottled water.
- Does Being Frugal Mean You’re Good With Money?
And I was included in the Finance Carnival for Young Adults.