Setting the goal of evolving yourself:
You are responsible for your evolution; no one is going to come and save you from the misery that you’ve been through. The problem is half solved when you take charge to take it up; self-awareness is the first thing before any action. Have some solitude and think about your current condition and figure out the loopholes that you want to patch. When it comes to change nothing is going to change at sudden, the change happen at gradual pace is the permanent one. Considering about the evolution of quality of your life, you are going to tackle one issue, but it will improve multiple dimensions of your life.
An impact of bad habits, smoking:
It is never too late to do the right thing and thinking to stop smoking is the best gift you can give yourself that you are going to gratified on that someday. When you are indulged in smoking you hardly see its dark side, most of the time we are shown the health conditions that smoking might cause but in reality smoking imbalances the equilibrium of a healthy life. You are affected by smoking these ways:
- Issue related to health
- Major cause of lung cancer
- Can lead to cardiovascular diseases
- Respiratory disease because of smoking
- Problems in reproduction system of both male and female
- Increased risks of other diseases
- Lower brain functionality
Not only are this but you spending your money where there is no benefit for you and you can save this money for something else good for health.
Just like any sub-culture, you are entitled to “Smoker” when you join people with similar interests, so socially you are setting yourself off the healthy boundaries.
Smoking is said to be the first step towards severe kind of addictions such as, Cocaine, Ecstasy, LSD, etc., people who smoke are most likely to develop a habit of taking drugs compared to non-smokers.
Most people smoke as a relief of stress, but calmness is the matter of minute’s smoking increase the intensity of stress and sharpens the stress response, then again you smoke to get some help, but instead, you end up in an infinite loop.
Steps to be taken:
If you are willing to quit smoking, there are many ways and a lot of help available. A habit that you have developed over an extended period takes time and more than a just will, you have to take actions for your betterment. To quit smoking follow this guideline:
- Switch from hard grade to light grade tobacco cigarettes
- Start by decreasing the consumption of per day cigarettes
- Take alternate of cigarettes i.e. electronic cigarette which is powered by battery and produce smoke by consuming ejuice, ( liquid to generate smoke)
- Use nicotine patches
- Try out the nicotine chewing gum
- Avoid hanging out with smokers and try to have been better people around you
- Start exercise daily
- Eat healthy diet that helps detoxify your lungs
- Engage in activities in which you found pleasure
- Take professional help
- Track the amount of money you saved by not purchasing pack of cigarettes
Staying on Track:
From time to time you might find yourself distracted from right track, remember yourself why you started, ask yourself to be a better person. Pleasure from smoking lasts for moments but good history i.e. time spent without smoking will keep you charged when you feel down some or when you are craving to smoke.
Easy said than done, right!! You have to take the first step to reach anywhere, take up the responsibility to change yourself, have a desire to be a better person. Get out of your comfort zone and seek the help, pay a visit to the addiction expert talk about your issues. Working on yourself will keep you motivated, and you will be your hero. Godspeed!
Get exclusive access to the free resources!
Join 2,000 others to get access to 10+ free printables related to budgeting, traveling, and meal planning with new prints updated weekly.