What is Alliant Credit Union?
Alliant Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative, meaning the members are also the owners. Alliant is the largest credit union in Illinois and one of the largest in the nation.
I think what really makes Alliant stand out is their positive reviews. Alliant Credit Union offers amazing online and mobile banking services as well. They make banking simple for over 500,000 members nationwide.
Alliant Credit Union has won several awards, including Money’s best credit union of 2019, My BankTracker best credit union of 2020, and NerdWallet best bank for online experience of 2020.
Benefits of banking with Alliant Credit Union
- Network of 80,000+ fee-free ATM’s available.
- High-yield checking account with rates 4.2x the national average.
- Award-winning online banking.
- No sneaky monthly service fees or ATM scavenger hunts.
- Visa Platinum Rewards – gives double reward points for every dollar you spend, with no limit on points you can earn.
- Home Equity Lines of Credit – Borrow what you need when you need it.
Alliant also has an amazing app that is user-friendly and simple to use. I personally think the best part of the app is the Budget & Planning Tool that has a ton of features that I’ll talk about more below.
Features of the Alliant Mobile Banking App
- Deposit checks from your cell phone, whenever, wherever you are.
- Log in using Face ID or Touch ID.
- Manage credit and debit cards.
- Report cards lost or stolen with the tap to call feature.
- Quickly transfer money between Alliant accounts and set up automatic payments.
- Built-in budgeting tool called Alliant Budget & Planning Tool.
My personal favorite part of the app is Alliant Budget & Planning Tool. This is a free personal finance service for Alliant members and it’s really helpful in achieving your finance goals.
Alliant’s budgeting tool is sunsetting April 16, 2021 in favor of expanding the number of personal financial management tools that Alliant supports will be expanding, due to member requests. This move will make it easier for members to use any PFM members choose.
Benefits of the Money Management and Budget Tool:
- Automatically see balances and transactions in one place. Have a separate 401(k) or credit card with another financial institution? You can add them with ease.
- Understand your unique spending patterns via the tool’s easy-to-read charts and graphs.
- Conveniently access the tool anywhere on the Alliant Mobile App.
- It’s simple to use and free.
The Alliant Money Management and Budgeting Tool also lets you set budgets and tag individual transaction amounts to ensure accuracy.
How to get started
Getting started with Alliant Credit Union after becoming a member is simple.
1. Go to Alliant Online Banking.
2. If you’re on a computer, click on “New User Setup”. If you’re on the Mobile Banking App, click on “Enroll”.
3. Follow the prompts to begin.
Free Printable Resource Library
Join 10,000 others to get access to 20+ free printables related to achieving financial freedom, starting a side hustle, and other fun goodies!