Acorns is the leading micro investing app in the U.S. that is targeted to beginner investors. The app was cofounded by a father and son with the mission to make it easy for young people to start investing a little at a time.
Acorns is particularly helpful for people with very little to invest because you get to decide how much you want to invest and how much risk you want to take.
I personally think the app is great for people who want the hands-off approach to saving and are having trouble getting started investing their money.
Before we get started, make sure to sign up for my free resource library and get tons of free printables to help change your financial life.
What is Acorns?
Acorns is a mobile app with a few tools and features aimed at investing your money.
There are two ways to invest with Acorns and one of the ways is what makes Acorn really stand out.
- Lump sum or recurring deposit. Select how much you want to invest and transfer it from your bank.
- Via “Round Ups”. Once you connect your debit or credit card, you can set Acorns to “Round Up” your purchase and invest the difference. Example: Spend $3.46 at Starbucks and Acorns will invest $.54.
This is how Acorns works:
- Sign up for an account in under 5 minutes. You get a $10 sign up bonus.
- Download the Acorns app and get started with no minimum investment required.
- Invest automatically.
- Set aside spare change or extra cash automatically.
- Grow your account over time with a diversified portfolio.
You can grow with Acorns by:
- Using Round-Up which invests spare change from everyday purchases.
- Recurring investments.
- Set and forget it with a daily, weekly, or monthly automatic investment.
- One-time investments which can be done at any time.
- Earn money when you shop at over 200 top brands.
- Grow account by referring friends that start investing with Acorns.
Who is Acorns for?
- Hands-off investors
- People who want to save with little effort involved
- Individuals having trouble getting started at investing
There are 3 pricing levels for Acorns.
Lite: $1 per month
- Put your spare change to work with Round-Ups
- Earn bonus investments from our 350+ Found Money partners
- Grow your knowledge with hundreds of articles from financial experts
Personal: $3 per month
- Everything from Lite level
- Access to Later retirement account
- Spend checking account includes: 1) Save money with no account fees and 55,000+ fee-free ATMs nationwide and around the world 2) Earn more with up to 10% bonus investments 3) Invest automatically with built-in investment and retirement accounts
Family: $5 per month
- Everything from Lite level
- Everything from Personal level
- Early investment account for kids including 1) Family financial advice 2) Exclusive bonus investments 3) Potential tax savings while they grow 4) Flexibility with funds
I love how interactive the Acorns app is. The app makes it easy to make responsible financial decisions that fit your unique lifestyle. The “Round Ups” tool is my favorite part of the app. It makes it almost effortless to invest since it takes your spare change.
Don’t forget to sign up for the free resource library and get exclusive access to free printables & planners related to saving and making money, meal planning, and more!
Are you using the Acorns app?
Like this post? Share it!