As summer is quickly approaching, and new years resolutions have slowly faded away, many people have quit their health journey and have given up on healthy eating.
You don't need a new year to start a new you.
Today is given to you but you never know if tomorrow is, so give your all today.
Here are 10 easy but effective ways to lose at least a pound a week.
1. We live in a world where there is temptation everywhere.
I'm surrounded by muffins, donuts, and junk food at my nanny job.
There's always pizza, Panda Express, and things of that nature at my work. For FREE.
I make sure to come prepared by having my food already cooked, and I even bring some homemade trail mix as well.
You need to come prepared with foods that are not only delicious but protein filled as well, to get you full.
2. Eat a salad before your dinner.
Salad will fill you up and make you eat less at dinner.
However, make sure you are eating enough calories still. I'm not telling you to only feed yourself salad and then only a couple bites of dinner.
Make sure the salad has plenty of nutrients with different vegetables and even shredded chicken.
3. Modify your breakfast/lunch/dinner.
Instead of dousing your food with cheese, use only a small serving of cheese.
Even better, cut out the cheese altogether.
Cheese is getting a bad rap lately for the effects it has on the body, and I've been trying to cut it out of my life completely.
Cheese has also been discovered to have an addictive agent inside it, so you don't want to stop eating it once you start.
Related: I encourage checking out the 14-Day Lean Clean meal plan if you are trying to lose weight or get healthier. The book is filled with tons of useful information (over 200 pages worth!).
4. Use actual serving cups/containers.
People in the USA and all across the world have completely lost the idea of what a correct serving or proportion is.
There are many tools that can get you back on track.
You can order from SlimPlate, 21 Day Fix from Beachbody, and so on.
SlimPlate has bowls and plates that are specifically designed for correct proportions. The kit also comes with a program you can follow if you want to lose weight or have other goals.
We all need some help with portion sizes as most American dinners are 3x the size it should be.
Related: Ibotta is a free downloadable app that can save you money on groceries (even fruits and veggies!) as well as hundreds of other items at major stores. Get $10 for signing up here.
5. Eat protein at every meal.
I eat tofu every single day, along with beans, lengtils, tempeh, nuts, and other protein-rich foods.
Protein fills you up and keeps you from overeating.
Protein is in so many foods, not just meat.
Red meat is being linked to many cancers, so try to refrain from it. Here is an affordable protein powder that tastes AMAZING, seriously. I look forward to making these shakes.
6. Practice intermittent fasting
Intermittent fasting is the practice of eating during a certain set of hours and fasting during a certain set of hours.
Fasting has tons of health benefits that are now being proved in studies, research, and doctors from all over the world.
To learn more about intermittent fasting, I recommend reading this article here.
7. Put inspirational/motivational pictures in your room, and kitchen.
One of my favorite quotes is: “I'm working on a new me, not because the old me is bad but because the old me can IMPROVE.”
Don't put quotes around your house that have hidden negative messages like, “Don't be satisfied with what you have until you like what you see in the mirror.”
I know many of us will never be 100% satisfied, but that doesn't mean you should put yourself down.
Related: Use Ebates to save money on online purchases you make. If you shop online, Ebates is a must! It's free and really easy to use. You can save money on everything from flights, Amazon purchases, tax services, and tons more. Get $10 for signing up here
8. Replace your ranch or high fat/calorie dressing with a natural vinaigrette or vinegar dressing.
We pack on so much more dressing than we even realize. Instead, make your own dressing or spritz from lemon juice and balsamic vinegarette.
9. Switch out your white bread and pasta for whole grain bread/pasta.
White bread/pasta/rice is processed and isn't in its natural form.
I personally find whole grain foods to taste so much richer as well.
Here are a couple cookbooks that have changed my life:
But I Could Never Go Vegan – Completely changed the way I cooked and the ingredients I was using in my food.
My skin has completely cleared up on my back once I eliminated meat and dairy products.
It's worth a try if you experience the same issues. How Not To Die – An eye-opening book about the dangers of eating certain foods. If you care about your health, I'd recommend getting this book.
In a nutshell:
1. Come prepared in situations where temptation will be everywhere. Bring a packed lunch.
2. Eat a salad before dinner to fill up on nutritious veggies.
3. Modify your break, lunch, and/or dinner.
4. Measure out your food to see if you're under or overeating.
5. Fill up on protein at every meal to stay full.
6. Practice intermittent fasting, which is the practice of eating and fasting in a specific time period.
7. Stay motivated and inspired with podcasts, books, quotes, and more.
8. Instead of using a fatty, high calorie dressing, switch to a lemon or vinegar dressing.
9. Use whole grain instead of white rice or flour.
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Related articles to read:
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
What other are some ways there to lose a pound a week? Have you participated in any of the tips I posted above?
Like this post? Pin it!