My 22nd birthday is quickly approaching and I can't even believe it.
For some reason, I no longer care about my birthday after I turned 21 years old. What's so cool about being 22? Haha.
Actually, there's a bunch of reasons why I am happy to move on to 22. I had somewhat of a rough year at 21 years old, and so many different things changed in my life.
I moved to a new state, made wrong decisions, fell in a spiral of heavy drinking and eating junk food. I was depressed, lonely, and lost. I truly believe we are all at one point pulled into a very dark time in our life for a reason, and it will eventually shoot you off into awesomeness if you work for it.
Since my birthday is approaching on the 27th of April, I've been looking up free things I can get that day. I know there's a crazy amount of things available to people for free on their birthday, yet most never take advantage of it.
Below are seven free things you can get on your birthday.
1. Going to IHOP for their pancake revolution day. All you have to do is sign up and enter your birthday on their site. You then get a free stack of pancakes and they also mention they offer a free meal one year after signing up. I am obsessed with IHOP and have spent many times eating my delicious pancakes by myself.
Related: Check out Ibotta to save money on groceries (even fruits and veggies!) as well as hundreds of other items at any major store. Get $10 for signing up here.
2. Certain airlines will give you a pretty awesome discount for buying a flight during your birthday month. All you have to do is look up which ones do. I know of Delta so far being one of the airlines that do so.
3. I am OBSESSED with Dunkin Donuts. Not for their donuts, but for their coffee. You do have to sign up for their rewards program/DD perks program. If you go there enough like I do, it's definitely worth getting. Starbucks also has the same kind of deal on your birthday. Crazy enough, I'm not a fan of Starbucks.
Related: Check out Ebates to save money on online purchases you make. Ebates is really awesome because all you have to do is buy your regular purchases through the site and you get rewarded! Get $10 for signing up here.
4. If you have a Sephora's Insider card like I do, you get a free gift on your birthday as well.
5. For my Missouri friends, all you have to do is sign up for the Missouri lottery email list and you'll get a free lottery ticket.
6. If you have little kiddos around, sign up for Chuck E Cheese's email club and you'll receive free things for your child as well. That was my favorite place as a kid!
7. Another favorite place of mine, PF Changs. If you sign up for their email list you get a free dessert. That place is somewhat pricey but definitely worth it.
There are hundreds of restaurants that offer free meals on your birthday, you just have to figure out which one does (most seem like they do). I also get sent emails before or on the day of my birthday regarding all of the freebies I can get on my birthday. Depending on the restaurant, you might have to sign up for their rewards program, eclub, or newsletter in order to get free food.
Are you interested in starting a blog and becoming a full-time blogger? If so, check out my FREE 7-day course that will tell you everything you need to know, including how to create your own blog from scratch, essential blogging tools successful bloggers use, how to monetize your blog, grow a loyal audience, and so much more!