When I first started building my blog, I didn’t know how to design a blog, was clueless about marketing, monetizing a website, creating digital products, and several other important things.
Blogging isn’t easy and it’s not for everyone. You work for free for a long time in the beginning when you’re building up your blog. If you decide blogging is for you and stick it out for the long haul, it’s seriously amazing. I get to work from home on a flexible schedule. My income is never capped like it would be at a teaching job (which originally was the field I was going in).
If I wanted to create a successful, profitable business, I knew I had to invest if I wanted to learn everything ASAP and create a strategic plan to grow my blog. I went from making nothing to hitting $15,000 last month on my blog.
Here are four courses that I highly recommend to bloggers who want to build a business, not just a hobby blog.
Start a blog today for just $2.95/month with my step-by-step tutorial here. It’s easy, painless, and takes less than 20 minutes to start a blog of your own. With my Bluehost discount, you get a discount from $7.99/month to $2.95/month.
1. Launch Your Blog Biz
Launch Your Blog Biz is an upgraded version to the course I originally enrolled in, so you’re getting even more value than I got a few years ago.
It’s exactly what it sounds like – you are launching your blog and business and learning absolutely everything you need to do. Seriously, step-by-step.
With Launch Your Blog Biz, you’ll learn:
- Become a pro at mastering WordPress and designing a beautiful & professional website/blog. WordPress can be a little techy so if you’re like me, you may get overwhelmed at first. This is why this lesson in the course is one of my favorites. You learn how to use plugins, set up menus, add images to blog posts, and other customizations and settings.
- Create content that brings a ton of value. You learn how to create amazing content, what you should blog about, and a step-by-step plan for your first 10 blog posts.
- How to get a ton of traffic to your blog. If you’re a new blogger, you need to learn how to find free traffic from Pinterest, Google, and YouTube organically (which means free!).
- How to turn your traffic into $$$. This is one of the most crucial aspects of blogging and running your business. You learn how to convert that traffic into money.
- How to make money with affiliate marketing. A huge part of my income stems from affiliate marketing, which is why this lesson is major. You learn how to sell products and services without being shady.
- How to make money with ads, sponsored posts, and guest posts. This year, I’m making my last jobs salary in 1 year from sponsored posts. There are so many ways to make money with your blog & business.
- Build an email list of people who want to hear from you. After implementing what I learned in this course, I grew my email list to over 10,000 people. You learn how to make money with your email list, how to write your first few emails, create welcome sequences and sales funnels.
2. Pinterest Traffic Avalanche
Pinterest users spend more money than on any other social media platform.
The majority of Pinterest users make over $50k per year, with 10% making more than $125k more year. Pinterest is an absolute must if you’re a blogger/business owner.
My reach has been 2+ million for the past year and continues to grow, with it being in the 3+ million region during the winter. I get 50,000-100,000 page views per month from Pinterest, with many of those users subscribing to my email list, buying through my affiliate links, and simultaneously increasing my ad revenue and sponsored post income.
Pinterest Traffic Avalanche taught me strategies that work and gave me rapid results. You’ll learn how to successfully drive 100,000+ monthly visitors to your blog, which means more readers, which equals more money.
The best part about Pinterest – it doesn’t take months or a year to get traffic as it does with Google. I always recommend diving into Pinterest FIRST before Google. This is because you’ll see results much quicker, stay motivated, and be in it for the long haul.
And before you think you can find Pinterest information on Google for free – think again. The “free” info is usually wrong and more importantly, outdated. What worked for Pinterest 4 years ago doesn’t work now.
What’s included in Pinterest Traffic Avalanche
- 8 modules with over 25 training videos
- How to create viral content
- How to set up your account for success
- How to automate traffic with schedulers
- Private Facebook group for support
- 2 free bonuses worth over $500
- a lot more
3. Stupid Simple SEO
While we’re on the topic of Pinterest traffic, I need to mention something really important.
Pinterest is incredible for bloggers, new bloggers, especially. It’s relatively easy to get traffic on this platform, but does that mean you should rely on Pinterest 100%?
No no, no.
Putting all of your eggs in one basket when it comes to traffic is a BAD idea. As we’ve already seen with Facebook’s algorithm change, Pinterest could do the same. They’re already phasing in more promoted pins, so getting traffic is harder.
If you’re trying to grow a legit business, you need to come up with a solid strategy for traffic. And there’s no place better to start than Google.
When you get organic traffic from Google, you’re in for a treat. Unlike Pinterest, Google traffic is usually very targeted. The user is going onto your website to get an answer to their problem. You can solve the reader’s problem with affiliate links, your products, and with genuine value.
I waited too long to start learning Google SEO, but that doesn’t mean you should. The best time to start is now – most bloggers aren’t implementing Google SEO at all – which means you get to benefit even more.
If you want to increase your traffic and make more money on your blog, sign up for this free SEO training filled with a ton of amazing info from the same person I learned SEO from!
I enrolled and implemented the lessons in Stupid Simple SEO. I tried learning how to do SEO from articles and YouTube videos around the web, but it was too hard. I had so many questions. Was the article updated and accurate? I was ready to take action immediately. I even get to ask questions in the private Stupid Simple SEO group, which has helped me a ton.
With my increased Google organic traffic, I get increased ad revenue, email subscribers, higher affiliate marketing income, and more people into my sales funnels for my products.
In just 1 year of focusing on Google SEO, my traffic has gone from being 25% from Google, to 50% from Google. This is so amazing!
4. Six-Figure Blogger
Six-Figure Blogger is for the blogger who is ready to create digital products to take their business to the next level. This course is not for a new blogger who doesn’t have a blog set up yet.
I used this course to set up a successful launch for my course that I created with my sister, Making Sense of Sponsored Posts. I’m using Six-Figure Blogger for current products I’m working on selling soon.
This course made me go from overwhelmed and stressed to a sound strategy and peace. If you know anyone who has created a product, set up sales and email funnels, and set up sales pages, they will tell you its HARD.
Maybe one of the hardest things about blogging. You get frustrated easily and want to quit. With Six-Figure Blogger, you get a step-by-step plan to create a digital product and sell it.
If you’re a blogger who is ready to create a product to sell on your blog, you need to take this course.
What you’ll learn in Six Figure Blogger:
- How to build an authentic relationship with your audience
- How to make money with affiliate marketing
- Learn how to create a profitable ebook
- How to create a profitable and successful eCourse
- Learn how to create high-converting sales pages
- Find out how to get the right visitors to your sale pages
- Access to a private support group
Don’t forget to sign up for the free resource library and get exclusive access to free printables & planners related to saving and making money, meal planning, and more!
What are you doing to improve your blog?
Like this post? Pin it!