What do you think is more important, health or finances?
What if you could do both – save money and live a healthier life at the same time?
There are so many ways to save money while also living a healthier life.
Below are 10 helpful tips that will not only help you save tons of money but live healthier, too!
1. $5 Meal Plan
$5 Meal Plan is an affordable meal planning service that helps you save money, time, and stress by meal planning.
For $5 a month, you get a pre-made weekly meal plan and complete shopping list, and access to a drag and drop meal plan builder.
$5 Meal Plan eliminates any of the stress that stems from grocery shopping, cooking, and finding recipes your family will enjoy.
2. Healthiest foods for a tight budget
Some of the healthiest food in the world is coincidently the cheapest.
To save as much money as you can on healthy food, I recommend:
- Buying in-season produce
- Incorporating whole grains (oats, rice, quinoa)
- Eating beans (dry beans and cooking yourself is A LOT cheaper)
- Eating protein at every meal to keep you full (I enjoy tempeh, beans, tofu, seitan as my protein sources)
- Potatoes (So many healthy recipes on Pinterest!)
To keep your grocery bill down, make sure to use Ibotta.
Ibotta is a free money-saving app that gives you cash back at almost any store.
You get real cash – not points.
Ibotta is my go-to app for saving money on groceries (even fruits and vegetables!), clothes, travel, and a lot more.
You even get $10 in your account just for signing up through my link here.
Related: Healthiest Foods for a Tight Budget
3. Prep meals in advance
Prepping your meals in advance helps ensure you'll be eating healthy meals.
Not only that prepped meals eliminates the fast food option since you'll already have a delicious meal prepared.
You can prep all of your meals with a meal prep set for the week on Sunday night or prep your meals every 3 days to make cooking easier.
Do you not enjoy cooking, but still want to eat healthily?
Balance is a service that lets you pick your healthy meals and they get sent straight to your door.
Balance meals have way fewer calories, sodium, and are packed with protein and fiber.
The meals are completely ready to eat and require NO cooking at all.
5. Ditch the gym membership
If you're really tight on cash, there's no reason to keep a gym membership (unless it brings you happiness!).
There are so many free ways to get in exercise that don't cost anything.
I recommend the following YouTube channels:
- Fitness Blender
- Yoga with Adrienne
- PopSugar Fitness
All you have to do is type in workout videos on YouTube and a bunch of awesome channels will come up.
DietBet is one of the coolest concepts I've seen in the weight loss community.
You basically place a bet to lose a certain amount of weight and if you win the bet, you get paid cash.
Almost $60,000,000 has been awarded to people in the DietBet community and it's definitely a great way to make some money while also staying motivated to lose weight.
Do you have trouble cooking at home or not sure what to make?
HelloFresh delivers all the ingredients you'll need (so you waste no food) and step by step instructions to make cooking easy.
And when you click here, you get $40 toward your first 2 boxes and free delivery! Students even get 15% off.
Rover is a great way to get exercise in by walking dogs while also making money.
You can set up your own hours, there is no minimum set of hours you need to work, and you get to hangout with pups while getting paid.
I was a Rover sitter for a long time and loved every second of it. I walked 5 different dogs and never felt like I was working.
9. Lean and Clean
Are you looking to lose weight and go through a complete lifestyle change?
If so, check out the Lean and Clean weight loss book.
Included is a 14-day meal plan and in-depth chapters on how to change your life to maximize your happiness and health.
I love this book because you learn how to drastically change your lifestyle for under $30.
For other online health programs, you're looking at paying hundreds to thousands of dollars.
You even get 10% off with my code: fitnancials.
10. Pick up trash
Did you know you can make over $50,000 a year by picking up trash?
You can make money while also getting a ton of exercise in.
Brian from CleanLots has established a 6 figure business doing just this and he shares all of his strategies and a step by step plan in CleanLots.
I love this story because he started a unique career that needed a ton of work in, yet no one was doing it.
What's your go-to money saving tip that also helps your health?
In a nutshell:
1. Use $5 Meal Planand save a ton of money and time. Free trial!
2. Shop for the healthiest foods for a tight budget.
3. Meal prep in advance to eliminate distractions from other foods.
4. Get meals sent to your door with Balance.
5. Ditch the gym membership.
6. Use Dietbet to stay motivated to lose weight.
7. Use HelloFresh to make your own meals at home.
8. Become a dog walker on Rover and get some exercise in while getting paid.
9. Read Lean and Clean, one of my all-time favorite health books.
10. Pick up trash and get paid. Learn how with Cleanlots.
Related articles to read:
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Like this post? Pin it!