One of my top tips on weight loss and creating a healthy lifestyle is learning how to cook your own food.
When I started my weight loss journey which resulted in me losing 60 pounds, I knew I had to stop eating fast food.
I learned how to create my own meals, played around with different ingredients I've never eaten before, and changed my taste buds to crave healthy food.
There is so much power in creating and cooking your own meals.
Before we get started, here are some of my favorite ways to save money on groceries and meal planning!
1. $5 Meal Plan is an affordable meal planning service that helps you save money, time, and stress by meal planning. For $5 a month, you get a pre-made weekly meal plan and complete shopping list, and access to a drag and drop meal plan builder. You even get a 14-day free trial by clicking here.
2. Do you have trouble cooking at home or not sure what to make? HelloFresh delivers all the ingredients you'll need (so you waste no food) and step by step instructions to make cooking easy. And when you click here, you get $40 toward your first 2 boxes and free delivery! Students even get 15% off.
3. Ibotta is a free money-saving app that gives you cash back at almost any store. You get real cash – not points. Ibotta is my go-to app for saving money on groceries (even fruits and vegetables!), clothes, travel, and a lot more. You even get $10 in your account just for signing up through my link here.
Here are 10 healthy and cheap lunch recipes you need to try now!
1. Pasta Salad V | DF| GF opt
This vegan pasta salad only takes 15 minutes to make and is full of flavor!
2. Vegan Pot Pie
This vegan pot pie is super cheesy and veggie packed and is the perfect recipe for date night or a fancy occasion.
3. Crispy Sesame Tofu With Zucchini Noodles
This crispy sesame tofu is a hit even with tofu haters. Mix it in with some zucchini noodles for some yummy fiber.
4. California Potato Salad
This California potato salad is full of vibrant-colored vegetables that will surely fill you up.
5. Rice Paper Rolls With Mango and Mint
These rice paper rolls are full of color and flavor with a splash of mint.
6. Chickpea Cauliflower Curry
This chickpea cauliflower curry is filled with protein and fiber.
7. Vegan Burritos
These vegan burritos will surely be a hit even for non-vegans!
8. Kung Pao Tofu
This kung pao tofu is tasty enough even meat eaters will love it.
9. Pad Thai
This pad thai is full of flavor and crunch!
10. Spicy Vegan Jambalaya
This spicy vegan jambalaya is full of flavor and spice!
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips related to fitness, health, and more
- Check out my top recommendations for health, finance, and blogging
Related articles to read:
- 16 Real Work From Home Jobs That Pay Up To $75,000 A Year
- 7 Books To Become A Better and Happier You
- Healthiest Foods For A Tight Budget
Which recipe is your favorite on this list?
Like this post? Share it!