Cooking an entire meal at home can seem like a lot of work, but with the right tools, cooking can actually be an exciting, rewarding experience.
It seems as if a new kitchen gadget is being invented every day, which is quite awesome for a lot of us newbies or even professional chefs that want to lighten the load of preparing, prepping, and cooking a meal.
All of the tools I included are going to slash your time of prepping by half, more or less.
Clean up will be easier, and your patience won't get too tested by the food taking so long to cook. (I'm not the most patient person in the world).
About a year ago, I started cooking my own meals almost every night. This was in large part due to transitioning into a vegan lifestyle and truly starting to care about which ingredients were going into my food.
It's 2017 and creative, time efficient kitchen gadgets are pumping out into stores like crazy. Long gone are the days of having to cut corn off the cob with a dull knife or slice vegetables one by one.
Below is a list of items that I would personally want for Christmas, so I bet you would like them as well! Haha.
1. Quintuple Bladed Scissors
Cutting herbs (can even be used for arts and crafts!) has never been easier with these 5 bladed scissors.
Instead of preparing the food on a cutting board, all you have to do is gather your food (we'll pretend we have green onions in our hands) and cut the green onions as if you were cutting paper. Cut the green onions on top of your pot of stir fry and voila! You've saved time preparing and less clean up.
- 5 blade scissors with exact precision to make cutting herbs and other vegetables easier than ever
- 2 herb bags, safety cover with cleaning comb included
- cleaning comb makes cleaning up easy and effortless
- lifetime warranty
2. 8 In 1 Kitchen Tool Set
This is the perfect gift for anyone who wants to save time preparing, cleaning up, and have extra space in the kitchen. This 8 in 1 gadget will save you money, too!
- includes a funnel, juicer, grater, egg cracker, shredder, can opener, egg separator and measuring cup
- different colors for easy recognition
- durable and easy to clean
3. Lean Clean Meal Plan
The 14-Day Lean Clean is a 200+ guide packed with recipes, a 14-day meal and exercise plan for weight loss and health. The book is filled with tons of useful information by Hannah, a popular YouTuber who has lost over 70 pounds with a plant-based diet.
4. Pizza Scissors
Any and every time I have made a pizza, it's been destroyed by my attempt at slicing it evenly. This nifty little gadget makes it completely effortless to get the perfect slice.
- place spatula tip under pizza and cut – then eat
- durable stainless steel
- dishwasher safe, BPA free, FDA approved
5. “But I Could Never Go Vegan” cookbook
Yes, I know this isn't exactly a kitchen gadget, but depending on how you look at it, it actually could be. I want to also clarify that I'm not going to push anyone to go vegan, but perhaps learn how to cook a vegan dish once or twice a week.
This is the 1st book I bought when I transitioned into the vegan lifestyle, and it helped out quite a bit. Vegan food doesn't have to consist of just a stick of celery (I still get offered carrots and celery for dinner, as if that's all I eat).
- colorful photos throughout the book with step by step
- 125 vegan recipes
- lunch, dinner, desserts, and more
6. Veggie Pasta and Spaghetti Maker
I've mentioned this gadget numerous times on my blog, for good reasons. I have the same spiralizer at home and have been using it for close to 3 years now.
This is the perfect gift for you or someone who wants to incorporate more veggies and fiber into their diet, while still eating delicious foods.
- tons of different recipes can be made with this spiralizer
- BPA free
- the option of a free recipe book
- lifetime replacement guarantee
7. Pineapple Peeling Corer
This highly rated pineapple peeling corer will save you a headache any time you eat pineapples. Cutting pineapples is a pain in the a**, but not anymore! Haha.
Related: Ibotta is for anyone who wants to make cash back from shopping. You can get REAL cash back from groceries, clothing, services, and more. Get $10 for signing up here.
8. Kitchen Knife Set and Sharpener
Having a good set of knives is crucial to cooking. Prepping meals can be so much easier with the right set of knives. Depending on what kind of food you are preparing, there will be a certain knife to be used for it.
Don't underestimate the importance of a knife, like I did for so many years.
- 9 piece set which consists of a paring knife, utility knife, carving knife, chef's knife, bread knife, cheese knife, pizza knife, and sharpeners as well
- nonstick coating stainless steel
- knife holder
- 1-year warranty
9. Fruit Slicer
Look at this! Another way to save time and clean up with a multi-purpose tool. Obviously, all of these foods can be cut with a knife, but it's a lot easier when a tool can do it for you with exact precision and cuts, especially if you are cooking a fancy dinner.
- fruit and avocado slicer
- citrus peeler
Related: Ebates gives cash back on online purchases at hundreds of stores online and in person. It's a must if you shop regularly! Get $10 for signing up here.
10. Slow Cooker
OK, I know this isn't some fancy new gadget that just went on the market, but I had to post it on here because slow cookers are extremely underrated.
- 6-quart capacity to hold meals for up to 7 people
- easy to use
- tons of recipes to choose from
- cook time from 30 minutes to 20 hours
- you can prepare meals the day before and have dinner ready the next day
It might seem like cooking is becoming more and more time-consuming and difficult these days, but with all of the new kitchen gadgets hitting the market, cooking has become easier than ever.
There are tons of YouTube videos at your disposal, for you to use whenever you would like for free. So what are you waiting for? No more excuses that you don't have time to cook! =)
- Check out my Free Resource Library to get tons of free printables
- Join my Facebook Community where we share tips in health and finance
- Check out my top recommendations in health, finance, and blogging
What kinds of gadgets do you use to make cooking a more enjoyable process?
Like this post? Please share it and spread the word!
Get exclusive access to the free resources!
Join 5,000 others to get access to 20+ free printables related to budgeting, traveling, and meal planning with new prints updated weekly.