Here on FITnancials, I talk all about health and saving money. I started traveling a couple years ago, which motivated me to start writing more about how to travel the world affordably.
I’ve been to 5 continents altogether, backpacked throughout Europe by myself and met people from all over the world. I grew up pretty reliant and dependent on others, so doing this was no small feat, which is why I always encourage anyone and everyone to travel solo at least once in their lives. It was an overwhelmingly positive experience that brought me out of my comfort zone and taught me a lot about myself.
Blogging has allowed me to travel full-time. If you’re interested in starting a blog and working from home, read my post on how to start a blog here.
Below are my top posts that will get you started in traveling, whether it be au pair life, Couchsurfing, or backpacking the world.
Save Money Traveling:
Traveling and seeing the world is becoming very popular the past few years. Traveling used to only be for people who made a good amount of money and were comfortable financially, but now it’s really for anyone who knows how to score a good deal. With hostels, Airbnb, Groupon, and couchsurfing becoming more popular, there are tons of ways to save on vacation.
- 10 Affordable Essentials For Traveling
- 10 Ways To Save Money On Vacations
- Budget Travel Tips
- 6 Ways To Save Money While Traveling
- 5 Travel Websites That Will Save You Money
- My First Airbnb Experience +$20 Code
- 5 Free Fun Things To Do In Sydney
- 10 Free Things To Do In St. Louis
- How To Travel The World On $50 A Day
Healthy While Traveling
Eating healthy and staying active is more than doable when you’re abroad. When I came back from living in Italy, I actually LOST weight. I ate a ton of food and was really surprised to see that the numbers on the scale went down.
Make Money Traveling:
There are tons of ways to make money traveling. Whether that be being a blogger, fitness couch, or being an English teacher, there’s something for everyone.
Living in Peru, Italy, and traveling all around the world has done a lot of good for me. I believe being immersed into an entirely different culture is the best way to see a country. So if you can, try to stay for a month or so in a city that you are really interested in.
- 10 Places To See Once In Your Lifetime.
- 5 Reasons You Need Travel Insurance
- 10 Tips For Solo Travelers
- How To Stay Safe While Traveling
- 5 Travel Films For The Wanderluster
- 4 Common Concerns People Have When Traveling
- How To Affordably Learn A New Language
- 11 Tips For First Time Travelers
- 10 Things That Can Happen When You Travel Solo
Au Pair Life:
I was an au pair for a few months in Europe. The experience was awesome, however, I worked twice as much as I was scheduled to, with no extra pay. I really stress to my readers that having a positive experience au pairing is possible, but you must get a concrete schedule in place with the family, and talk about overtime pay. Other than that, I was able to travel to countries all over Europe for less than $50 a day.
- The Struggles Of Being An Au Pair
- How To Become An Au Pair And Travel The World
- Why I Want To Become An Au Pair
- Choosing A Country To Be An Au Pair In
Gifts For A Traveler:
- 10 Ways To Annoy Flight Attendants
- South America Packing List
- I Quit College To Travel The World
- 5 Important Tips For Couchsurfers
- IVHQ Review
- Important Tips Before Departing
- 8 Ways Italy Is Different Than The U.S.
- 3 Reasons Why I Prefer Solo Traveling
- 10 Crucial Tips For Visiting Italy
Items I Recommend Related To Traveling:
- How To Travel The World On $50 A Day
- Passport Holder – A damaged passport can withhold you from traveling to your destination. Make sure your passport stays protected from water or getting damaged.
- Universal Travel Adapter – An all-in-one will save you money.
- Bathroom Storage Kit – A life saver, especially if you plan on staying in hostels.
- Scratch The World Map – Scratch off the countries you’ve been!
- Lonely Planet’s Ultimate Travel – I bought this book as a present to myself and I am OBSESSED.
Thanks for reading and I hope I was able to help!
Learn How to Travel the World on a Strict Budget
Over the next 5 days, you'll learn everything from how to get free flights and accommodation, travel essentials, travel myths, au pair tips, and more!