I’m sure you’re thinking, “Jeez Alexis, you sure move a lot!”
Yeah, I can totally admit that I do. I might even have a problem with being indecisive when it comes to certain things, but I can admit it.
After a little less than a year of living in the suburbs of Chicago, I decided to take off and move in with my sister and brother-in-law in their new home in western Colorado. This decision came pretty easy to me, as a number of factors motivated me to do so.
Why I decided to leave Chicago:
- How To Start A Blog And Work From Home
- The Ultimate Weight Loss Guide
- How To Save On Groceries Without Clipping Coupons
- 50+ Ways To Make Extra Money
2. Bills, bills, bills. Being in college, living in a bit more of an expensive city/state and having things break down on me weren’t so much fun.
3. I am finishing my bachelor’s online and at an accredited school based in Columbia, MO. I am participating in one of their online degree programs and have less than 2 years left. This will allow me to work on my online business more, and travel a ton more as well.
4. It never felt right, or like home. That was the biggest reason I left and I’m happy I gave it 8 months before taking off, so I was really able to figure out if I was happy or not.
5. Although I had a lot of family living in the Chicago area, I truly missed living and being near my sister and brother-in-law. I became very close to them when I moved in with them in St. Louis a few years ago. They welcomed me into their Colorado home, so I couldn’t pass it up.
I made it to Colorado last week, and I am beyond happy with my decision. I live near all kinds of different landscapes and the mountains and canyons are definitely something I can get used to. I’ve never been surrounded by such beauty. Whenever I look outside my window, I feel like I’m at a hotel and on vacation.
I’m all settled into my new home in Colorado and have already met a few people online that live in the area through Couchsurfing, Instagram, and other social media outlets. If you’ve been following my blog for awhile, you would know that I am leaving for a 2-3 month trip in South America on May 15th. I am extremely excited, but also a bit sad that I’m already leaving Colorado after only being here a couple weeks.
If you are a new reader, here is a little info to update you. I am departing May 15th to take a 2-3 month volunteer trip in Cuzco, Peru. I will be volunteering at a special needs orphanage and also volunteering in the homes of kids who have special needs. Not only that, but I will be traveling around the country of Peru and hitting up the most visited landmarks. You can read some of my posts about this below:
- IVHQ – Volunteer Abroad Details
- How I’m Getting Ready For Peru
- Going to Cusco, Peru Summer 2015
- Leaving for South America in 1 Month + How I’m Preparing For My Departure
Like this post? Please share it and spread the word!
Learn How to Travel the World on a Strict Budget: 5 Day Course
Over the next 5 days, you'll learn everything from how to get free flights and accommodation, travel essentials, how to make friends abroad, and other valuable information!