2016 was a crazy year for me. I left my job in the special education field, departed for a 2-month journey in Europe as an au pair and explored Western Europe by myself, moved to Austin (which I love!!) and became a full-time blogger!
Of all the 23 years of living, I feel like 2016 was the year I really grew into a strong, independent young woman. It was only once I got back to the United States did I realize how much crazy sh*t I did abroad. I’m still left in so much shock when I look back at what I did! Growing up I always relied on other people and enjoyed having others around, and this year was the complete opposite. I wanted to explore the world and get a bit uncomfortable, which I did.
Check out the link below to see my favorite posts from 2016. What an awesome year of blogging!
In 2016, we adopted Coco from Austin Pets Alive
I went to my first legit play in London. Les Misérables
I explored Rome and visited the Coliseum
The fam was all together once again
Looked back on memories of my late father whom I want to include in my life more, even if he isn’t physically here
Went on trips and grew closer to my mom
I met the greatest friend
Got a little tipsy on a dock in Venice
I still have a healthy, happy dog
I moved to Austin
I explored Nice, France
I stayed at a beautiful farm stay in Perugia, Italy
Spent time with beautiful animals
Explored Paris solo
Ate too much gelato in Italy
I took a bus through Austria
I met a lifelong Italian friend
My rescue’s health is restored
I explored Venice with a British friend who has the best humor in the world
I visited my first castle in Germany
I explored Zurich, Switzerland and realized the city is too expensive for me
I explored Florence, Italy with my amazing friend from New Zealand
This was one of the coolest things ever to see!
My go-to vegan burger gal
I spent 1 day with this German gal and it felt like we knew each other for years
Met a beautiful girl from Myanmar who taught me so much about her country
Fell in love over and over again with this guy
Here are my go-to ways to having a healthy and fit body:
- 14 Day Lean Meal Plan: Find out how to lose the weight for good
- 21 Day Fix: At home workout program, a beginner version of 21 Day Fix Extreme
- 21 Day Fix Extreme: A more intense version of 21 Day Fix, how I achieved my results
- 3 Day Refresh: Help kick off your health journey or break a plateau
- How Not To Die: A book to educate you on nutrition and health
- Fitbit: Stay motivated and on track with this fitness tracker
I highly recommend checking out the 14-Day Lean Clean meal plan if you are trying to lose weight or get healthier. The book is filled with tons of useful information (over 200 pages worth!). I am using this meal plan to hit my health and fitness goals.
Here are my go-to ways to saving and making money:
- $5 Meal Plan: Monthly meal plan with recipes and grocery list
- Booking.com: How to find the best online price for hotel accommodations
- Ebates: Awesome way to earn cash back on your regular online purchases, easy to use)
- How To Travel The World On $50 A Day: How to save on travels
- Ibotta: How to get cash back on grocery, clothing, household items and more
- Swagbucks: Make money filling out surveys and more
What are your goals for 2017?
Like this post? Please help me share it!
Sign Up for the FREE 5 Day Health Guide on a Budget
Subscribe now to take this FREE 5 Day Healthy Living Course!